Author Topic: Chinese website accuses Dalai Lama of 'Nazi' policies! Where are your thoughts?  (Read 4468 times)

Positive Change

More derogatory comments from the Chinese Government to HHDL in this news article below. I for one personally feel the association of HH to Nazi policies are preposterous but coming from a close minded political stance, it makes sense to try to deflect the issues at hand and to make HH out to be a monster!

Sounds familiar huh? Hmmmmm... Both sides "seem" to have their say and points, hence what is the actual truth? Where do we stand on all of this. Where should we stand on this is the question.

However if one has any incling of reasoning and common sense, we will know what is wrong from right. Need I say more about the ban? Not really do I? ;)

World | Updated Mar 25, 2012 at 07:24am IST

New Delhi:

A Chinese website has accused Dalai Lama of policies that are Nazi-like. It also accused Lama of deaths of 30 Tibetans who set themselves on fire protesting against the Chinese government.

The commentary on China Tibet Online, also carried on Saturday by the official Xinhua News Agency, is one of the strongest reactions from Beijing to a string of protests in ethnic Tibetan areas of China.

About 30 Tibetan monks, nuns and lay people have set themselves on fire in the past year to protest what they say are repressive government policies toward their religion and culture. Many seek the return of the Dalai Lama.

The commentary follows other attacks by government officials on the Dalai Lama, who has praised the courage of those who engage in self-immolation and has attributed the protests to what he calls China's "cultural genocide" in Tibet. But he also says he does not encourage the protests, noting they could invite an even harsher crackdown.

The website, set up in 2000 to present the government's perspective on Tibet, accused the Dalai Lama of instigating the self-immolations and advocating Nazi racial segregation ideas.

It said the Dalai Lama had encouraged people to self-immolate because he called on Tibetans not to celebrate Losar, the Tibetan New Year, in February to remember those who have set themselves on fire.
There was no immediate comment from the Dalai Lama's office in Dharmsala, India.

One activist group, London-based Free Tibet, released a video on Friday of one of the most recent self-immolations, showing the death earlier this month of Sonam Thargyal, a 44-year-old farmer who doused himself with kerosene before setting himself on fire.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
there is of course a need for attention when you come to the topic of spiritual self-immolation. I will be the first to comment and make this out loud. I am just curious on why the entire Tibetan community both within and without Tibet is so focused on something so petty as the freedom of Tibet? Isn't it obvious enough already that without a country and even if the TGIE/CTA went all out to get support from all the countries in the world, Tibet will still be under the Chinese no matter how much they want it back for their own.

Hence, why focus on these 30 people and then advocate silence during Monlam and sending subliminal messages across the Tibetan globe that this is right?! I do not have the right to advise but the first thing that comes to mind for both spiritual and political leader of a nation should stop their people from killing themselves! No? Then why keep a nation for your own if the only good thing your people know how to do is to self immolate and die of a hunger strike? Wouldn't it be better to educate the people about ethics of non killing and to shed light for the younger generation on how to handle this matter better?

We talk about karma, it is definitely coming back on the Tibetans, why? The Dorje Shugden ban has caused thousands their spiritual death and they end up in the Bardo of confusion, this energy surpasses the negative karma of self-immolation. It's slow effects is a nation of confused people that they will be able to kill themselves for such a small cause. As time passes without proper purification done, the situation will become worse. We can only petition the compassion of the Buddhas to save them, but not all will see the Grace of their lord savior, Dorje Shugden.
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

dsiluvu

We talk about karma, it is definitely coming back on the Tibetans, why? The Dorje Shugden ban has caused thousands their spiritual death and they end up in the Bardo of confusion, this energy surpasses the negative karma of self-immolation. It's slow effects is a nation of confused people that they will be able to kill themselves for such a small cause. As time passes without proper purification done, the situation will become worse. We can only petition the compassion of the Buddhas to save them, but not all will see the Grace of their lord savior, Dorje Shugden.

Definitely a small cause and one that is not very Buddhist for a Buddhist nation I'd say. Thought the world admired HHDL for his strength from being not attached to "his country" and natural happiness from "forgiving" his enemies were the lesson given and shared to the world. But these self-immolation acts only serve to show how little the Tibetans practice what they preach to the world. Doesn't this show that Buddhism is degenerating? Hence if this sort of actions carry on... slowly people will also start condemning Buddhism in general as yet another religious organisation with hidden agendas... yet another one of those...

Instead of allowing these sort of action which totally uncalled for, there should be more peace and acceptance shown in monks & nuns... showing that they do practice their "Dharma"?

hope rainbow

Isn'it convenient? Trouble in the Chinese Tibet Province, let's blame the Dalai Lama.
When the Dalai Lama will no more be there, and there will be nobody obvious and famous to blame, then how?

I think, seriously, it is time to establish a peaceful foundation for the Chinese Tibetan Province.
And that does not rely upon bashing the Dalai Lama, it lies into the reliance on Dorje Shugden (as actually clearly indicated by the Dalai Lama).

With a peaceful community of Tibetans in China, there will be no issue to speak Tibetan in schools, to be of Tibetan culture, because it will not be perceived as a thread anymore.
I am not comfortable with the idea that Chinese look at Tibetan  monks as potential human torches, they should look upon them a Sangha and have more positive mind aspirations arizing from their sight than a paranoid worried mind-set.
The view of a monk should calm people's mind, not worry them.

I pray for a peaceful Tibet within China.
I pray for a spiritual Tibet within China.
I pray for a peaceful and spiritual China.
I pray for a peaceful and spiritual world.