Author Topic: A Short story on Toiletpaper  (Read 13788 times)

Tenzin K

Re: A Short story on Toiletpaper
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 01:30:53 PM »
Wonderful! Simple but yet effective!

It’s really true, what comes around goes around! So we have to be responsible for our action. I always remind myself that if I don’t want people to treat me badly I should not treat others badly too. With Jessie’s story, proven Karma does exist. Every single action we take now will create the effect for future. Obvious and so true. If we want people treat us good and well then we have to set good motivation in all our action.

Spiritual teaching is very important in order for one to understand karma and consistency in our practice will definitely bring results.

Dorje Pakmo

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 01:34:51 PM »
TOILETPAPER

I was at the temple when I had a sudden stomachache. I dashed to the nearest restroom... and to my expectations, being a busy day with hundreds of people, it was out of toilet paper. I struggled to the next available toilet- a less "popular" one, searching desperately in each cubicle. Thank goodness there was a roll with a few scanty rounds of paper on it. I had an urge to rip it all out, to use all of whatever was left. But the thought struck me that there might be another poor fellow out there facing the same problem I did. Brimming with gratitude to the last person who saved some paper for me, I used slightly less than half of what was left...
About two hours later.... Surprise, surprise... I was hit by another stomachache! Once again, I dashed to the restroom- the first which I approached earlier. Nope, it hasn't been stocked up with fresh rolls of paper yet. Feeling rather hopeless, I returned to the less "popular" one, almost convinced there would be no paper left... Surprise, surprise... in the same cubicle I used, whatever remained of the paper still remains. The "others" that I had thought of saving paper for turned out to be myself! I became the "others!" Guess what I did? Brimming with gratitude to the last person who saved some paper for me, even though it was me, I used only half of what was left...

This is an interesting story of paying it forward. In this case, paying it forward to yourself. Hahaha!!! I can imagine how is it when you really have to go but there’s no toilet paper or water. I think it must have happened to everybody before. The moral of this story though humorous and simple is that, no matter how insignificant we may view our actions to be, it will have its effects on others, sometimes even ourselves. Hence, we should all be mindful and sensitive of our actions.
DORJE PAKMO

pgdharma

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »
Haha this is interesting. Never could imagine that a story on toilet paper and an act in the toilet can become a teaching. It was nice and kind of the last person to leave some toilet paper for the next user and the next user was generous and thoughtful enough to keep some for the next user which turned out to be herself. Lucky for her :)

However, I feel that the last person who left some toilet paper had enough of his/her share to use, not that he/she is saving for the next person. Knowing that there's hardly any toilet paper left, he/she should take the responsibility of informing the people in charge of the temple to refill the toilet paper. Anyway,we can always bring our own tissue paper to the toilet.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 02:36:31 PM »
Haha this is interesting. Never could imagine that a story on toilet paper and an act in the toilet can become a teaching. It was nice and kind of the last person to leave some toilet paper for the next user and the next user was generous and thoughtful enough to keep some for the next user which turned out to be herself. Lucky for her :)

However, I feel that the last person who left some toilet paper had enough of his/her share to use, not that he/she is saving for the next person. Knowing that there's hardly any toilet paper left, he/she should take the responsibility of informing the people in charge of the temple to refill the toilet paper. Anyway,we can always bring our own tissue paper to the toilet.

Ladies are usually quite conscious of keeping extra packets of tissues in their handbag, for we never know when we might need to use
- oopsss!! spilled some sauce on a white blouse
- the car windscreen is full of bird poop because we parked right under the tree for want of shade
- we stepped on something dirty; don't wanna spoil that pair of expensive shoes
- and the list goes on  and  on  and  on

What if it was a man?  Hardly would you find men with the extra packet of tissues, let alone have some tissues in the pockets?

I guess whatever the situation, we should always be prepared.