Author Topic: H.H. Gaden Trisur & Yongyal Rinpoche visiting in Chengdu, China  (Read 15722 times)

Mana

Recently many high lamas of the Dorje Shugden lineage gathered at Chengdu, Sichuan, China. They are His Holiness the 101st Gaden Trisur Lungrik Namgyal Rinpoche, the abbot of Serpom Monastery Yongyal Rinpoche, the young and current incarnation of Zemey Rinpoche, Geshe Wangchuk who has been diligently giving Dorje Shugden initiation in Kham Tibet, and a few others.

The young incarnation of Zemey Rinpoche was to receive novice monk vows from Yongyal Rinpoche, however Yongyal Rinpoche respectfully requested Gaden Trisur Rinpoche to give the vows to Zemey Rinpoche instead.

At this moment both Zemey Rinpoche and Gaden Trisur Rinpoche are in Zemey Rinpoche's monastery in Tibet, and it is learned that Zemey Rinpoche will be going to Chamdo Jampa Ling to learn sutra. Auspicious news indeed!

Geshe Wangchuk and HH the 101st Gaden Trisur Lungrik Namgyal Rinpoche

2nd from left: Zemey Rinpoche, center: Yongyal Rinpoche, 2nd from right: Geshe Wangchuk

Geshe Wangchuk with Yongyal Rinpoche

Geshe Wangchuk (left), Yongyal Rinpoche (center), Geshe from Shenzhen (right)

Geshe Wangchuk (right) with Zemey Rinpoche (center)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 01:59:39 PM by Mana »

Big Uncle

Re: High Lamas in Chengdu, China
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 06:14:59 PM »
Wow! Thank you for these beautiful images of these great Lamas. I have not heard much about Geshe Wangchuk so I searched the Internet and came upon this biography of him and I have not come across anything really substantial. Does anybody know his story? Who are his Gurus and who are his disciples. He looks highly regarded and have very soft, compassionate eyes.

We are truly blessed to be able to behold the incarnation of Zemey Rinpoche. His incarnation is discovered in China (Tibetan region I believe) and away from the nasty TGIE and all those who would wish to harm him. (I hope) His previous life was one of the principle students of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche and received innumerable teachings and blessings. I do hope that he continues his great work of his previous lifetime of spreading Dorje Shugden. There's more freedom in China after all.

Isn't Yongyal Rinpoche, abbot of Serpom Monastery? Hmmm... Are these Lamas indirectly linked to this great Dorje Shugden monastery in India? Does that mean they would give teachings and invigorate the Sangha there with their holy presence? I wonder.

DSFriend

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 10:01:29 AM »
 Many illustrious lamas are now in china or have very good relation in china such as Gangchen Rinpoche. it must be that the karma of the people in china are ripe to receive the dharma...and how exciting that these lamas are linked to Dorje Shugden!

Mana

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 10:16:57 AM »
Geshe Wangchuk is the great lama that gives Dorje Shugden initiation to thousands and thousands of people in Kham area of Tibet: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=8039

Yes Yongyal Rinpoche is the abbot of Serpom Monastery.

triesa

Re: H.H. Gaden Trisur & Yongyal Rinpoche visiting in Chengdu, China
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 04:34:21 PM »
Thank you for the wonderful pictures.....it is really good news to see and hear all these high lamas who are Dorje Shugden practitioners are all in China, I believe there is a reason for that.

After all, If Dorje Shugden practice can take roots in China and fly off, not only will the practice benefit the huge population in China, it will also have a great impact to the rest of the world as China will be the next economical power house. It is very much like what  America is affecting the world with their worship of celebrities and their fast food chains,  China will also influence the world with its Dorje Shugden practice.

I pray all these high DS lamas live long and spread the teachings to where it is most needed.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 11:40:14 AM »
So inspiring to see these great lamas spreading Lama Tsongkhapa's tradition with the help of Dorje Shugden.

How auspicious to see Dorje Shugden now spreading in the land of opportunity China. in 2005 I heard that a lot of westerners all went into China in whichever way they can , they even took not expatriate packages but local packages. Thats how determined and desperate people in the West saw the opportunity to be in China.

In fact so many people all over are converging in China, the new land of opportunity!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 03:53:55 PM »
Some information to share about Yongyal Rinpoche:

Ven. Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche was born in Eastern Tibet in 1948. He was recognized as the fourth reincarnation of Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche by H.H. Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang (junior tutor to H.H. the Fourteenth Dalai Lama) and enthroned at the age of six at Sera Monastic University. In 1959 he left Tibet and settled in India.

He studied the five major sciences (Buddhist philosophical studies) for more than twenty years and received his Geshe Lharampa degree (the highest honor, conferred jointly by all three monastic universities), the equivalent of a doctorate of divinity, in 1980.

Rinpoche completed all his tantric studies at Gyurmey Tantric University. During that time, he also received numerous Dharma transmissions and initiations from highly qualified Tibetan mas-ters such as H.H. the Dalai Lama, H.H. Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang, Kyabje Ling Rinpoche (senior tutor to H.H. the Dalai Lama), and Kyabje Zong Rinpoche. Thus was he transformed into a living treasure vase of the wisdom of the Ganden Oral Transmission Lineage.

After completing his studies, Rinpoche taught at Sera Monastery for about fourteen years. Then, at the request of his monastery, he traveled to Eastern Tibet in 1993 and spent two years giving numerous teachings and initiations throughout the region, fulfilling the wishes of countless people. He has also traveled to many other countries, including Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, and the administrative region of Hong Kong.

He is the current Abbot of Serpom Monastery and also founded the Lamrim International Dharma Center in Los Angeles, USA. Rinpoche has completed the retreats of all the major tantric deities and continues a strong practice.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

valeriecheung

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »
Thank you for your info given!  I noticed that all the highly qualified master all spent their whole life time to learn then continue to spread all dharma to as many people as they can , i wish they all live long in healty condition.

vajrastorm

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 07:56:33 AM »
Thank you , Mana, for this post. A gathering of high Lamas, like HH Gaden Trisur and Yongyal Rinpoche(current abbot of Serpom Monastery), in Chengdu, portends well for the spread of Dorje Shugden's practice and the spread of  the Dharma of Je Tsongkapa's tradition in China in the near future.

dsiluvu

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 04:40:26 AM »
This is certainly rejoicing to see Gaden Trisur and to know that all these great masters who practices DS continues their work in benefiting others... and they are obviously not burning in hell. Otherwise we would not see the young incarnation of Zemey Rinpoche.

Seeing them in China speaks gives me a hint of the new direction where DS will grow from. I feel like all these great masters and monks who continues to practice, give initiation and spread DS sure proves those who think that DS practice is not harmful, not evil and very much alive! It feels like it is just a matter of time that the ban fizzles and disintegrates in to thin air and that all these great masters will just take on their role and positions again, openly spreading the practice. What can the world say, let alone TGIE/India, when China starts to heavily promote DS? Being the strongest super power nation at the moment, no one will dare challenge them, so if they say DS is ok and promote it, it is obvious the world would probably listen and follow suite :) 

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
There is no stopping HH Gaden Trisur Rinpoche. He will not attend any of Dalai Lama teachings but he can make it to Tibet. It says alot. He does not agree with the Dalai Lama's ban whatsoever. It is clear that a great scholar and Lama such as Gaden Trisur Rinpoche continues his practice of Dorje Shugden. After all, he is the highest authority within the Gelug school. If he contnues with his practice of Shugden, that sends very strong messages there is nothing wrong with Shugden. There has never been anything wrong with Shugden, but this just re-affirms it during the current crisis in form of a ban.

The ex Tibetan Govt has not spoken up against Gaden Trisur Rinpoche. I guess anything said by them against Gaden Trisur would just make them look more ridiculous perhaps?

Whatever the case, Gaden Trisur's powerful stand against the ban and his continued practice of Shugden clearly shows not everyone can be brow-beaten by the ex Tibetan Govt into surrendering sacred practices bestowed upon them by their teacher. Not everyone will surrender their commitments to be politically correct. In fact politics and dharma do not really work well together in majority of cases.

Gaden Trisur is one of the greatest living scholars of Tibetan Buddhism alive today. Surely he is a master of debate, reasoning and logic. If in his mind he can debate out Dorje Shugden is without fault, then I think we can rest assured Shugden is as Trijang Rinpoche taught, enlightened.

TK

Zach

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 09:52:45 PM »
Question so your saying HE Yongyal Rinpoche had had initations from HHDL ? Samaya...so how does that work with him joining being abbot of a shugden monastry ?

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 06:26:22 AM »
Question so your saying HE Yongyal Rinpoche had had initations from HHDL ? Samaya...so how does that work with him joining being abbot of a shugden monastry ?

There are many in the same predicament. Many are caught in the same difficult decisions. Unlike some people, it 's easier to just choose Dalai Lama or another lama because they did not recieve dharma from both. So I respect Dalai Lama and Shugden lamas because how to make someone choose between the two and they have to. Scenarios.

1. They examine which lama had more direct and stronger impact on their spiritual practice. HHDL is great, but if you meet him from a distance once every few years and recieve a teaching, that is the extent of the relationship. Whereas your root teacher you meet often, advises you, helps you through the rough times, nurtures you and bestows Dharma on you very often. Then your root teacher would be more impactual and you would follow the practice of your root teacher if forced to choose. You would still 'choose' without negative thoughts against HHDL and if others disparage HHDL, you don't participate. But in your tantric and guru yoga practices, you will still have to 'dissolve' all your gurus including HHDL into your root guru before your root guru dissolves into you. Attainments depend on pure relationships with all your gurus. In other words, whatever guru you visualize in your practices, you have to believe he is representative of all the gurus you have taken teachings from.

2. You may have recieved teachings from HHDL, but if your heart wishes to continue with Shugden, you just follow Shugden's lineage without disparaging the Dalai Lama.

3. If you have more faith and relationship with HHDL or you have not met other lamas, then you can follow HHDL and not practice Shugden, but do not criticize Shugden, because all of HHDL's lineage gurus practice Shugden. If you disparage Shugden, you disparage the source which HHDL recieved his teachings.

4. If you choose Dorje Shugden and Dalai Lama, then just quietly practice. If HHDL is a Buddha he cannot be angry. If Shugden is a Buddha, he cannot be angry. Both cannot be angry on the ultimate level. View them both from the ultimate level. The level of Dharmakaya no matter what the nirmanakaya manifest for the time being.

Whatever the case, a true practitioner will not disparage others. If our motivation is totally pure, then we can speak up or ask about something we don't agree with according to our Bodhisattva vows. We ask and understand and practice.

There are many more scenarios. But for now this suffices.

TK

Big Uncle

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 03:11:26 PM »

There are many in the same predicament. Many are caught in the same difficult decisions. Unlike some people, it 's easier to just choose Dalai Lama or another lama because they did not recieve dharma from both. So I respect Dalai Lama and Shugden lamas because how to make someone choose between the two and they have to. Scenarios.

1. They examine which lama had more direct and stronger impact on their spiritual practice. HHDL is great, but if you meet him from a distance once every few years and recieve a teaching, that is the extent of the relationship. Whereas your root teacher you meet often, advises you, helps you through the rough times, nurtures you and bestows Dharma on you very often. Then your root teacher would be more impactual and you would follow the practice of your root teacher if forced to choose. You would still 'choose' without negative thoughts against HHDL and if others disparage HHDL, you don't participate. But in your tantric and guru yoga practices, you will still have to 'dissolve' all your gurus including HHDL into your root guru before your root guru dissolves into you. Attainments depend on pure relationships with all your gurus. In other words, whatever guru you visualize in your practices, you have to believe he is representative of all the gurus you have taken teachings from.

2. You may have recieved teachings from HHDL, but if your heart wishes to continue with Shugden, you just follow Shugden's lineage without disparaging the Dalai Lama.

3. If you have more faith and relationship with HHDL or you have not met other lamas, then you can follow HHDL and not practice Shugden, but do not criticize Shugden, because all of HHDL's lineage gurus practice Shugden. If you disparage Shugden, you disparage the source which HHDL recieved his teachings.

4. If you choose Dorje Shugden and Dalai Lama, then just quietly practice. If HHDL is a Buddha he cannot be angry. If Shugden is a Buddha, he cannot be angry. Both cannot be angry on the ultimate level. View them both from the ultimate level. The level of Dharmakaya no matter what the nirmanakaya manifest for the time being.

Whatever the case, a true practitioner will not disparage others. If our motivation is totally pure, then we can speak up or ask about something we don't agree with according to our Bodhisattva vows. We ask and understand and practice.

There are many more scenarios. But for now this suffices.

TK

Thank you Tk for the clear explanation. I remember reading in one of the Dalai Lama's books that he himself explained that in the worst case scenario that one cannot for whatever reason reconcile the differences in views with the Lama, one can leave peacefully and without disparaging the Lama. The Dalai Lama himself gave the exact same advice that Tk is giving here. I don't think the Dalai Lama is giving a leeway for our egos and excuses to leave the Dharma but for unique scenario such as this where the real reasons are beyond our control.

thaimonk

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 12:40:54 PM »
I like what TK says..the explanation is simple and clear.

I really enjoy these posts of various lineage lamas today and what they are doing. We should be in the know what all the lamas are working on because it is inspirational and opens our world up much wider.

I follow my teacher, but would like to know what other teachers are doing for the Dharma.