Author Topic: Zemey Rinpoche as a great educationist  (Read 7179 times)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Zemey Rinpoche as a great educationist
« on: June 17, 2011, 06:43:11 AM »
I am reading a few of Kyabje Zemey Rinpoche's texts and was delightfully surprised to find this information in the introduction by the editor, Thupten Jimpa:

Zemey Rinpoche composed and edited the first Tibetan textbooks for the exile community's schools and later trained the first two groups of Tibetan teachers, prior to their placement in the exile community's network of schools across India and Nepal.
As the senior editor and author of almost every Tibetan school textbook, Rinpoche's name was omnipresent.

In the future, perhaps history will judge his most valuable contribution to lie in the revitalisation of Tibetan literary studies at a critical juncture in Tibet's tragic twentieth century history.

also: Amongst the general public, Rinpoche is best recognised as one of the greatest Tibetan poets of this century.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: Zemey Rinpoche as a great educationist
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 07:58:40 AM »
For those who are unfamiliar, Geshe Thupten Jinpa is the Dalai Lama's chief translator. He was a senior of Zemey Rinpoche and was the person who made sure Zemey Rinpoche's 6 volumes of collected texts were edited and printed before Zemey Rinpoche passed in March of 1996.

The text that contains the quotes in the post above is titled Selected Writngs of Kyabje Zemey Rinpoche. It was published in 1997 by Zemey Labrang

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 08:22:20 AM »
edit:  He was a senior student of Zemey Rinpoche

thor

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 11:16:48 AM »
I extracted the below from the Youtube channel of this website:
Small | Large

His Holiness Kyabje Zemey Rinpoche is one of the most erudite scholar-yogi masters of this century to arise from the esteemed Gaden Shartse Monastery. Zemey Rinpoche was a very devoted student of H.H. Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. And Zemey Rinpoche held all the lineages, transmissions and practices that Trijang Rinpoche had.

When HH the 14th Dalai Lama visited China in the 50s, Zemey Rinpoche was one of the esteemed masters that Dalai lama invited to follow him to China, see photo here: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/gallery01.htm

Zemey Rinpoche has many great disciples within Gaden Monastery as he is highly revered. The current translator of the Dalai Lama, Geshe Thupten Jinpa is a direct disciple of Zemey Rinpoche and lived in Zemey Rinpoche house (labrang) for many years studying directly under Zemey Rinpoche in Gaden Shartse. The Zemey Rinpoche line of tulkus comes from the Yangding, Kham district of Tibet where is highly revered by the populace. He belongs to the same monastery as the current Gaden Tri Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal in Yangding.

The current kyabje Zemey Rinpoches incarnation has been successfully found in Tibet and enthroned as shown in this video.  May this current splendid incarnation manifests the activities and speech of Lord Tsongakapa once again.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 03:10:20 PM »
They have a set of Zemey Rinpoche's collected works here in the Shar Gaden library. I would love to get a few of the shorter texts scanned.

In the book I am reading now, it says:

In his collected works, we find the writings of a wide-ranging personality, whose scope extends from that of a high reincarnate Lama to an amateur sociologist; from a mystic, religious virtuoso to a poet and a linguist; from a scholar, philosopher to a modern educationist; and from a historian to a grammarian.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »
I was listening to part of this talk
http://www.dharmasoundarchive.com/2011/02/tongnyi-kyi-kor-kyabje-zemey-rinpoche/

I thought I recognised the translator as thupten jimpa is that correct.
Do post some interesting essays from the great Zemey Rinpoche.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 01:25:48 PM »
I was listening to part of this talk
http://www.dharmasoundarchive.com/2011/02/tongnyi-kyi-kor-kyabje-zemey-rinpoche/

I thought I recognised the translator as thupten jimpa is that correct.
Do post some interesting essays from the great Zemey Rinpoche.

Yes, the translator for these teachings is definately Geshe Thupten Jinpa.

Unfortunately the text I have is in Tibetan....

Big Uncle

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 04:53:55 AM »
It would be great if someone would post a nice little biography of Kyabje Zemey Rinpoche and also his incarnation lineage. Besides the incident with the yellow book and being a great student of Kyabje Trijang RInpoche, i know very little else of Kyabje Zemey Rinpoche. I only know that Kyabje Zong Rinpoche was extremely displeased that when Kyabje Zemey Rinpoche was punished unnecessarily for some issue. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche indicated that Zemey Rinpoche is highly attained. I think a lot of us would like to know more of this great master.

icy

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 07:20:02 AM »
Geshe Thupten Jinpa is the Dalai Lama's translator and at the same time he is a close senior student of Zemey Rinpoche, a strong Dorje Shugden practioner and a great educationist, does it not indirectly tell us that  the Dalai Lama is brewing something in the pot?