Author Topic: Better Methods to contact Dorje Shugden  (Read 11705 times)

DharmaDefender

Re: Better Methods to contact Dorje Shugden
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 05:09:35 PM »
In addition to what everyone else has said, I can also share what works for me. Which is that when I really need help, I ask for it. Quite literally, I just say (or sometimes in my head, think), "Please Protector help me, I really really need your help right now. Please help me to (insert request)". If I'm being sincere and I'm not doing it for my benefit, 100% of the time he helps me. Of course after that when he does, I'm super grateful and it's accompanied by a lot of "thank you thank you thank you" and serkym.. I know Dorje Shugden doesn't need my Strongbow but it's more for me to show some gratitude, and do something to thank him.

Anyway, you don't need his image or an altar to recite his mantra. I've heard about plenty of practitioners like Tibetan monks in Chinese prisons, who recite their sadhanas. I think that's one reason why the meditations in our sadhanas are so useful...eventually we don't need the images!

beggar

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »
Hi DharmaBrother. It's wonderful that you have been trying to make offerings to Dorje Shugden. However, Dorje Shugden isn't looking for just physical offerings. The best way to really "contact" him and make offerings is our sincere Dharma practice and mind transformation. This includes being a good partner and father to your family. For now, it could mean not having an altar or anything outward that might disturb your girlfriend's mind. If you don't have an altar but it is because you wish to maintain peace and keep your girlfriend's mind at ease - that is a peace and goodness and Dharma. It is no point having beautiful altars and offerings, but the people around us aren't happy or our actions don't match with what we are talking about. Then, your girlfriend will always just associate Dorje Shugden and Dharma as being something negative.

Remember that Dorje Shugden also protects and promotes the Lamrim - study of the lamrim and meditation on the topics so that you can gain more wisdom, peace, harmony. If you can put the lamrim teachings into action, that would be the best offering to Dorje Shugden. Also, it is the best way to "contact" him - because by study, meditation and sincere practice, you gain the wisdom and methods to know how to deal best in any situation that will be beneficial to both you and all the people around you. Dorje Shugden WILL "speak" through you - not like in the movies like an oracle! But even better, he will speak through your positive, transformed, beneficial, loving actions. Good luck my brother!

thor

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 01:50:30 PM »
Hey DharmaBrother,
There is no sigil that I have heard of, Dorje Shugden doesnt only respond when you have his correct sigil, but he responds to all sincere requests for help IF it benefits the requestor. You can use an image of him like a statue or thanka, you can also use a cheap print of him, or even a picture on a website (like this one) .... even if you can visualise how he looks, that is alright also.

Our protector is interested in Mind Transformation, the teachings of the Lamrim, holding our vows, upholding guru devotion.... in your case for example, request for his help to further your spiritual path, and remove obstacles along the way... if your girlfriend is a so-called 'obstacle' to your spiritual practice, Dorje Shugden may help you by slowly changing how she feels about your practices. That is, of course if you keep up your commitments and really do practice. He will not do anything to harm her, He is a BUDDHA and will never do anything of that sort...

He has done the same for me in the past, and I have full faith in his ability to help you too.