Author Topic: harmed by Dorje Shugden?  (Read 20522 times)

honeydakini

Re: harmed by Dorje Shugden?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 04:04:55 PM »
Big Uncle, I'm glad this has been revived too. Some people come to my home and are frightened by my images of Dorje Shugden and my images are the very gentle ones! It's only because he holds a sword. I find this very strange - the angels of the Bible are much more frightening!

Thank you for bringing up the point the wrath in Buddhism is more of an attraction point than something to be feared. I like the gentler images, but I like the symbology of wrath, not just in the protectors but also in the yidams. I like the swiftness it symbolises, that wonderful sense that the Buddhas are flying across time and space as fast as they possibly can to help us and answer our wishes! Also, the way that it represents the burning up of our obstacles and negativities. Yes! Burn up all the maras, please! I have plenty of them loitering around.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2013, 04:37:48 AM »
I am re-visiting this thread again and I am really tickled to think that some people would still believe that Dorje Shugden is capable of harming anybody. This is unless people who know nothing of Tibetan Buddhism, comes across a wrathful image of Dorje Shugden. However, I do hear that people find Dorje Shugden's wrath, a point of attraction rather than something to be feared of. Even Dorje Shugden in his most ferocious form as Yamantaka, is still attractive to certain people. Besides allegations from the Dalai Lama's camp, I cannot imagine how anybody would imagine Dorje Shugden is capable of harming anybody. On top of that, I don't see anybody have posted anything negative.

In a world where parents kill their children and children kill their parents, i dont find this surprising at all. We are in the Kali Yuga after all. People fearing and misunderstanding Dorje Shugden, and people spreading lies about Kyabje Pabongkha, Zong and Trijang Rinpoche, I cant help but to feel angry that such indignition be made to these high Lamas. I can only say that eventually, the ban will be lifted and those who "fear" Dorje Shugden or who is tricked into thinking that Dorje Shugden can harm will have to rethink their decisions when the ban is lifted and probably when the Dalai Lama announces that everyone from every tradition must practice Dorje Shugden, after the practice of Dorje Shugden and Buddhism is firmly rooted in China.

honeydakini

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 04:09:35 AM »
I've been thinking about this post for a few days. And wanted to add that in spite of all the accusations of Dorje Shugden harming people, there hasn't ever actually been any evidence to support this. Why doesn't anyone realise this very simple little fact?

And if he really was as harmful as they say he is, then why are all the high lamas who have practiced him in their previous lives all returned as perfect unmistaken incarnations? If they had taken refuge in a harmful spirit, surely that would have damaged their being and practice enough to not have allowed them to come back? But Trijang Rinpoche, Rabgya Rinpoche, Lama Zopa, Lama Osel (Lama Yeshe's incarnation), Zong Rinpoche etc are all back among us and practicing and teaching the Dharma as perfectly as they did in their previous lives. Is this the result and "work" of a bad spirit? Why is it that the results of practicing this "bad" spirit is that Dharma is continuing to grow and flourish more than ever before!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 07:15:07 AM »
I've been thinking about this post for a few days. And wanted to add that in spite of all the accusations of Dorje Shugden harming people, there hasn't ever actually been any evidence to support this. Why doesn't anyone realise this very simple little fact?

And if he really was as harmful as they say he is, then why are all the high lamas who have practiced him in their previous lives all returned as perfect unmistaken incarnations? If they had taken refuge in a harmful spirit, surely that would have damaged their being and practice enough to not have allowed them to come back? But Trijang Rinpoche, Rabgya Rinpoche, Lama Zopa, Lama Osel (Lama Yeshe's incarnation), Zong Rinpoche etc are all back among us and practicing and teaching the Dharma as perfectly as they did in their previous lives. Is this the result and "work" of a bad spirit? Why is it that the results of practicing this "bad" spirit is that Dharma is continuing to grow and flourish more than ever before!

Because, the people who also perceive that Dorje Shugden can harm are also the people that Sharmar Rinpoche refer to as package believers, that is they believe everything that is thrown to them without questioning. They just want to believe that it is bad without any supporting reasons, because investigating can be tiring and confusing and not everyone is up for that. Many of these people choose not to see or believe that those Lamas actually came back, and the bulk of people that are anti Dorje Shugden also happens to be not Gelug also, for example they could be Nyingma or Sakya or Kagyu. However, it is still a sad sight to see when Gelugs actually denounce Dorje Shugden because that is their lineage

Gabby Potter

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2015, 12:23:42 PM »
Now that's really funny, I have so many friends and family memeers who practise Dorje Shugden but I don't see anything bad happens to them. We all have our own karma to purify, there's no one we can blame it on. Its weird how some people would blame everything on Dorje Shugden and never really looked inside themselves and figure out what's wrong with THEM ...