Author Topic: FPMT should not put up video of Lama Zopa in hospital  (Read 19236 times)

thaimonk

Re: FPMT should not put up video of Lama Zopa in hospital
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 02:05:24 AM »
From recent posts, it seems Lama Zopa will take much more time to heal than forseen. Many more months of physio therapy to go. And looks like Lama Zopa does not wish to heal himself so soon. Perhaps it is to get send 'sympathy' signals to Lama Osel? What I mean is to let Lama Osel see there is no one to take over FPMT should anything happen to Lama Zopa, so Lama Osel should come back to FPMT's fold perhaps. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:22:34 PM by Mana »

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 09:18:19 AM »
This is the official update from Roger, Lama Zopa's assistant. I'm so glad to hear that Lama Zopa is recuperating well. It does seem like he will remain in Australia for awhile yet to undertake physio and even Chinese medicine. It's good that Lama Zopa is open to alternative types of medication to complement western medication and they do not conflict.

http://www.fpmt.org/teachers/zopa/rinpoches-health-updates-and-practices.html

May 18 2011

Dear Friends,

Lama Zopa Rinpoche has been discharged from the hospital and is now resting comfortably in a private home nearby the hospital. Rinpoche is now an outpatient at the hospital and will be going to the hospital 3 times a week for physio.

At Rinpoche's request we have researched  Doctors of Chinese medicine. From many names Rinpoche chose one and on consultation with the doctor will start treatment very soon. Both the western and Chinese treatment will be compatible, no conflict .

At "home" Rinpoche is very comfortable and relaxed and I think feeling much more at ease. Khadro la will be arriving soon and will be helping Rinpoche over the next few weeks.

Again many thanks for all the support and prayers by so many.

Thank you

roger
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

heartjewel

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 05:21:09 PM »
I am glad Roger is keeping us updated on Lama Zopa recuperation and condition. I am glad he has been discharged and is recuperating comfortably in a private homed in Australia. I understand Khadro La will be going to help him soon for a few weeks. I believe Dorje Shugden is blessing and taking care of him.

heartjewel

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 05:26:53 PM »
From recent posts, it seems Lama Zopa will take much more time to heal than forseen. Many more months of physio therapy to go. And looks like Lama Zopa does not wish to heal himself so soon. Perhaps it is to get send 'sympathy' signals to Lama Osel? What I mean is to let Lama Osel see there is no one to take over FPMT should anything happen to Lama Zopa, so Lama Osel should come back to FPMT's fold perhaps. Just a thought.

According to Thai monk who says Lama Zopa do not wish to heal himself so soon and why FPMT put up the Videos of Lama Zopa in Hospital. I have two thoughts.

1. Lama Zopa is practicing compassion for his students in FPMT by manisfesting this sickness on himself so that his students in FPMT will not have to suffer broken Samaya by going against the practice which Lama Yeshe has  been practicing until he passed away.

2. Since Lama Osel is the reincarnation of Lama Yeshe. All the  more the video of Lama Zopa should be shown  to let Lama Osel see and realise that he should return and help Lama Zopa guide their students from Lama Yeshe previous incarnations.

heartjewel

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 04:17:39 AM »
When watching the Video of Lama Zopa on his bed in the hospital. I did not feel sad but was happy to see that even with stroke and suffering he is still laughing away. He is trying to show us as an example that if you take on sufferings of other beings you  must  have a positive mind in absorbing the sickness and be happy.  Otherwise whats the point of obsorbing the bad karma and purifying the situation. I didn't know watching Lama Zopa's video in the hospital can show me that  sufferings and pain is  nothing compared with the sufferings and pain Lama Zopa has to endure when taking on the sickness which has manifested on him.

heartjewel

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 04:18:37 AM »
What Roger Kusang say about Lama Zopa is right about not eating his meal when they were in  the plane. But offering to the Buddhas first. Through my experience of Lama Zopa when we were welcoming him at the Airport on his arrrival. There was this bug that fell on to his body. He took the trouble to slowly get the bug off his body and slowly walk to a potted plant nearby to transfer the bug on to the plant. It took quite a while and everybody was watching and waited until Lama Zopa is ready to go. Lama Zopa has put Sentient beings first irrespective of who  they are. Lama Zopa is a real Boddhisattva.

Big Uncle

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 04:22:16 AM »
Hmmmm! Well I think we shouldn't hide the fact that Lama Zopa is ill. Why is there a need to hide that fact? He is ill and if people are looking to the Lama for miraculous signs of averting sickness and death, then they should look somewhere else. Buddhism is about facing reality and not sugar-coating it with fluffy myths of power.

However, I think most of us agree that Lama Zopa has control over his body and so what Thaimonk suggest earlier up in the thread is really quite intriguing. If that is the case, he is using his body to create the cause for the future leadership of FPMT. This is indeed a Bodhisattva motivation and that is very much in line with Lama Zopa's character and motivation.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »
More from Ven Roger re Lama Zopa's recovery. May Dorje Shugden bring Lama Zopa a swift recovery!

http://www.fpmt.org/teachers/zopa/rinpoches-health-updates-and-practices.html
May 25 2011

Dear Friends,

Rinpoche circumambulates  3 times a day the relics for 30 mins. This requires no encouragement at all ... it's done with enthusiasm! Then needs to rest  ... which is the same after each physio therapy session.  Now Rinpoche needs only a little support when walking short distances , longer distances a wheel chair is needed.

Last Thursday after the brace was fitted to Rinpoche's right leg  by the Prosthetist Orthotist ... Rinpoche said "when I came back from having the brace fitted I had a rest and  dreamt  of His Holiness, after the dream I was able to move 3 fingers (right hand) that I wasn’t able to move before  and also I could  read mantras quicker, so a little bit better, slight, but can’t tell how long".  This was good news as not much was happening with the right arm, now there is a little more movement in certain directions ... still a long way to go with the arm.

Speech is also slowly improving ... still a slur. With all the exercises for leg, arm and speech it doesn't take long for Rinpoche to tire ... for the short time before tiring he does well, then tiredness sets in and the excises become difficult as no strength.

Rinpoche has not started acupuncture or Chinese medicine ... saying according to his mo seems need to delay a little longer  before starting.

I would think now we will settle into a routine for the next month or 2 focusing on the physio and lots of rest.

Thank you

roger

dsiluvu

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 08:01:50 PM »
This is a very interesting topic... the thought that Lama Zopa cld be manifesting this sickness to get Lama Osel to return has definitely not crossed my mind. It cld be possible but in my opinion it is also to see who will step up and take real ownership to continue FPMT's legacy. It is like a huge wake up call at many levels. I also agree with what Barzin said below.

But however, pardon my little knowledge and ignorance... firstly, a lama definitely has the ability to control his death and birth, to manifest certain situations when it is time.  Secondly, i felt it is also depending on the karma of the students had caused.  So either way, this is the time where Karma has ripen and it is actually up to the students' knowing of what to do to prolong the life of a guru, repair samaya, retreat etc...  I am not sure if im saying this correctly but i certainly feel this moment meant something deeper than the just the sickness.  The students have to do something now, put what they learned into practice now.  They have to create a cause to be near the guru no matter in this or future iives.  Coz it is not about which Lama is sick or not.  It is about the "guru" who we took refuge from and where our dharma came from. We held responsibility of our guru, we are the ones who had to create the causes.

This is definitely the best time for students to collect enormous amount of merits, to serve ones Buddha/Lama directly, purify ones karma, repay the Guru's kindness and most definitely repair samaya by really sincerely practicing the Dharma. Guru only falls sick because of students negative karma. So repairing is most important now. All those broken commitments needs to be repaired. This applies to not just FPMT but all other Dharma org. It is amazingly kind of Lama Zopa to manifest sickness so that students can do something. It is more of wake up call for the students. Whether or not Lama Osel returns is based on the students merits hence merits is the one that will create the causes for Lama Zopa and Lama Osel to continue to teach otherwise Lama Osel has no purpose in returning to FPMT. Student's negative karma will be the brick wall for him to return.

So my question wld be...is Lama Zopa absorbing all the negative karma of the students so that Lama Osel can come back? Or is there no such possibility in doing so?

WisdomBeing

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 11:50:26 PM »
I just saw this update on Lama Zopa... it's so very cute!

ZOPA RINPOCHE UPDATE: May 25th, from his attendant Ven. Roger Kunsang, from their Australian private home in Eaglehawk, Australia:

"Dear Friends--Yesterday in the gym, the physical therapist asked Rinpoche what he would like to achieve from these physiotherapy sessions, over the next four weeks. Rinpoche replied: "To fly!" The physical therapist thought Rinpoche meant to be able to go on a plane, but Rinpoche said, "No; I want to fly!" The physical therapist was a little taken back (this was only her second time meeting Rinpoche; remember, we are in country town, and this is her first contact with a Tibetan lama)."

thaimonk

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 11:17:22 PM »

I posted this awhile back and it is confirmed now in my mind that Lama Zopa is purposely manifesting illness and long recovery for many reasons of which one is to 'woo' Lama Yeshe's incarnation Lama Osel back. Guess what? Lama Osel (26) and his musician friend Gomo Tulku (23-standing-pictured below)  flew to Australia to meet Lama Zopa (65) recently..

If Lama Zopa 'remains sick', it might have powerful causes to bring Lama Osel back to FPMT's fold. Remember Lama Osel wanted nothing to do with FMPT since he disrobed and moved back to Spain from Sera Jey Monastery.

Since Lama Zopa's illness, Lama Osel is now making an effort to meet Lama Zopa.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:32:39 PM by Mana »

Helena

• Email
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 06:41:02 AM »
Well, the videos of Lama Zopa in hospital must have served its purpose. Now, we get to see Lama Osel paying a visit to Lama Zopa after so long. That has got to count for something. Let's hope it does. Let's pray that good things manifest from here on.

Om Benza Wiki Bitana Soha

(FPMT may have denounced Dorje Shugden. But I would not believe that Dorje Shugden would denounce anyone and not continue to bless great Lamas or anyone, for that matter.)
Helena

WisdomBeing

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 07:37:42 PM »
Lama Zopa is now back at Kopan. These two photos were taken during the long life puja offered to Lama Zopa Rinpoche in Kopan Monastery, Nepal, on June 10 2011. The main lamas attending the puja are Dhakpa Rinpoche, Dagri Rinpoche, Serkong Dorje Chang, Khen Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup, Khadro la and Lhatsung Rinpoche (a lay lama).

It's a pity that Lama Osel did not follow Lama Zopa back to Nepal. I guess he has his reasons and I hope that they will be reconciled in the near future.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 04:20:34 AM »
Lama Zopa is now back at Kopan. These two photos were taken during the long life puja offered to Lama Zopa Rinpoche in Kopan Monastery, Nepal, on June 10 2011. The main lamas attending the puja are Dhakpa Rinpoche, Dagri Rinpoche, Serkong Dorje Chang, Khen Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup, Khadro la and Lhatsung Rinpoche (a lay lama).

It's a pity that Lama Osel did not follow Lama Zopa back to Nepal. I guess he has his reasons and I hope that they will be reconciled in the near future.

I dont really see it as a pity if Lama Osel does not follow Lama Zopa, after all Lama Zopa has to obey the CTA or many students will be left spiritually broken and confused, and Lama Osel does not wish to be under such a condition so i dont really see a problem with Lama Osel not sticking to Lama Zopa, simply because their directions are not the same. It's as simple as that. If the ban is lifted, I am sure Lama Osel will return, and I am very sure that Lama Zopa will promote Dorje Shugden as the principal protector of FPMT and FPMT centers will grow and be abuzz with activity again.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »
Although it's not correct to do so because we have to respect someone else's privacy, but it's good to see that although in so much pain, Lama Zopa did His best to smile and laugh. This is a true spirit of selfless and compassion.