Author Topic: Death penalty?  (Read 8883 times)

Gabby Potter

Re: Death penalty?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 07:48:26 PM »
This is just so wrong and I will never in my life, agree to this. I believe that His Holiness doesn't mean for it to be this way but there are just some people who are dying to be famous stirring things up. If this is how anti Dorje Shugden Buddhists live their lives, I don't see how is this making them Buddhists. In fact I am sorry to say this, they are actually defaming the traditional meaning of being a Buddhist.

kris

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 10:18:27 PM »
This is pure discrimination. It is the same level as racism, which is totally not acceptable.

It is like saying, because you are Dorje Shugden practitioners, I don't care if you do your job well, I don't care if you follow the law, I don't care if you have contributed to the society, I don't care if you have help many charity organisation, as long as you are Dorje Shugden practitioners, I will not be associated with you.

Does this sound familiar? It sure does sound familiar because this is how they discriminate people of different skin colour not too long ago. At that time, it is considered "OK" and "acceptable" but eventually, when people are more educated and have respect for others, they realise we are all the same and we should not discriminate.

It is very interesting to know that many people in the west who are brought up in the democratic way, when they listen to HH Dalai Lama's words, they don't think for themselves, and just discriminate, even though they learnt that discrimination based on skin colour, gender, etc are wrong.

X

• Email
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 10:53:05 AM »
This is also one very mysterious thing that i am still wrapping my head towards: why are the Dalai Lama's more educated students so insistent on blind faith? is it that they are finding it easier to just believe what the Dalai Lama has taught instead of investigating of what is being said and reading the facts from both sides instead of just only one side? I mean, these people were given education in science and technology and history!! They should have been a lot more discerning than this when it comes to just believing...or at least they could have focused more on the Buddha's teachings instead of a 'demon'.

In my opinion, I think some people are just being ignorant. Instead of putting effort investigating what is truly happening, they actually just believe what they hear. It doesn't matter if the person is educated or not, an educated person can have ignorance too. We should always listen to both sides, understand and contemplate. Blind faith will not be enough, we need to have some wisdom too. As the buddha said, we should always investigate whatever we hear.

Tenzin Gyatso,
I don't think there aren't any lamas out there who is not as attained as HHDL. There are so many high lamas out there or even hermit monks that are attained. Nobody knows how attained they are. To me, they are all great, highly attained beings and I respect them. It is just because HHDL is more involved in the outside activities around the world doesn't mean he have done more than other lamas. There are a lot of lamas have been teaching, and educating a lot of monk that became geshes today.