Author Topic: Gameng Kuten  (Read 13671 times)

Big Uncle

Re: Gameng Kuten
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 05:40:13 PM »

If the Tibetan Govt apologized and made offerings to Dorje Shugden, so many situations would change for the positive.

They should correct the wrong they have committed 350 years ago against Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen. It would take a truly Buddhist Govt to be able to do that.

This makes for a nice Buddhist fantasy but the reality is, the TGIE has never apologised for destroying and placating so many Tulku incarnations besides Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen. It's no wonder that they lost their country and would most likely never regain it. However, everything could change if they are willing to start mending things. I pray that they do come to their senses and do make amends. I truly think that only Dorje Shugden would make a difference.

I look forward to the monasteries, communities healing from schism.

Do you think the monasteries such Shar Gaden will join back to Gaden when the bad is lifted?
I think it depends on how soon the ban is lifted. If it the ban goes on for decades or more, perhaps there would be too much administrative differences to recombine. However, they would both still accept the same Protector because I think Dorje Shugden will be THE protector by then. I really like what the Karmapa foresaw when he said Dorje Shugden would one day be worshipped by all. I really like that a lot.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 06:44:49 AM »
Gameng Kuten resides at Dagom Gaden Tensung Ling Monastery in Bloomington (http://www.dgtlmonastery.org), which was founded in 1996 by renowned Tibetan Buddhist teachers Ven. Kyabje Dagom Rinpoche and Ven. Gonsar Rinpoche. Kuten Lama is the resident teacher there and gives teachings every Sunday. Kuten Lama is also the spiritual director for Gaden Samdrup Ling Monastery in Cincinnati, Ohio.

It is interesting that while there is a picture of Dorje Shugden on DGTL's "Monthly Practices" page (http://www.dgtlmonastery.org/ProjectsPrograms/MonthlyPractices/tabid/93/Default.aspx), his name is not mentioned:

"Kangso

For the benefit of sentient beings, the Buddha emanated in different forms, as a teacher, deities, and as protectors.  In the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, each monastery and each individual relies upon specific spiritual protectors to support their spiritual activities.  The function of protectors is to dispel spiritual obstacles and create and provide conducive conditions for one to achieve spiritual goals.  Kangso is a practice that fulfills and restores one’s spiritual connection with the protector and contribute to the accumulation of merits."

Even a centre which is openly practising Dorje Shugden has to be careful and discreet. The sad result of politics.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Helena

• Email
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 07:56:34 AM »
Thanks so much, WB for sharing added information on Gameng Kuten.

How lovely to see that Dorje Shugden is being practised albeit under a different title.

I think with the situation as it is, everyone (lay or ordained alike) would have to find creative and new ways to continue with their practice. At least, they are not giving up. I am not going to judge them or anyone else who has to bear with things that I am spared with.

Thaimonk, puts it very aptly...it takes a truly Buddhist Government to right the wrongs.

Is there a truly Buddhist Government anywhere?

Helena

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
I look forward to the monasteries, communities healing from schism.

Do you think the monasteries such Shar Gaden will join back to Gaden when the bad is lifted?

Well all that they really need to do is....... break down one wall? Haha

I really like the idea of oracles. It's truly giving your body, speech and mind to the Dharma. Using the body as a vehicle to allow enlightened beings to enter -- that's truly remarkable.

Thanks Beggar, for the link on the autobiography of His Eminence Choyang Duldzin Kuten Lama! It's amazing how he wrote "When I returned to Phagri everyone expected the cause to be the Dharmapala Dorje Shugden. I was afraid that it was a harmful spirit, even the Dharmapala announced himself many times. ", and used the rest of his life as the oracle for DS!

Are there any stories of oracles gaining enlightenment btw?