Author Topic: How many have had empowerments from HHDL ?  (Read 7563 times)

Zach

How many have had empowerments from HHDL ?
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:32:54 PM »
Just wondering...
and If so how would one reconcile the view of His Holiness as a Vajra master and commandments regarding the Dharmapala ? I realize a lot of the older practitoners may have been to a few empowerments from His Holiness before all the contraversy kicked off what an especially difficult position to be in so what to do ?

???

Lineageholder

Re: How many have had empowerments from HHDL ?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 09:50:40 AM »
Just wondering...
and If so how would one reconcile the view of His Holiness as a Vajra master and commandments regarding the Dharmapala ? I realize a lot of the older practitoners may have been to a few empowerments from His Holiness before all the contraversy kicked off what an especially difficult position to be in so what to do ?

???

response:  sound of wind,  and tumbleweed blowing through  :D

Zach

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 11:37:01 AM »
Just wondering...

???

response:  sound of wind,  and tumbleweed blowing through  :D

Seems so.
Interesting Though those whom would have been fortunate to receive empowerments directly from Holy beings such as Kyabje Trijang, and Zong Rinpoches and then receive empowerment from His Holiness as well how is it one would manage such dual commitments to Vajramasters whom tell you differing things ?

Lineageholder

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »
I think it's very difficult, which is why no one wants to discuss it.

It's so important to check out the credentials of anyone you're going to create a Guru/student relationship, although there's no guarantee that such problems will not arise later on.

I think you've got to look logically at the reasons why you should believe or disbelieve something, and also the effects of the view that someone is espousing.  The worst situation is to believe someone just because of their title or credentials.  I think it's possible to deal with conflicting advice by thinking "well, I can't see any logical reason why they would assert that view and it doesn't fit with my karma at the moment, so, I will continue to follow and respect this Guru in every other way and sincerely practise their teachings and then, in my heart, ask for forgiveness because I am unable to accept or practise their advice on that particular issue at the moment"

What else is there to do?  It must be a very painful situation to be in.

DSFriend

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 06:20:20 PM »
I can only imagine how difficult it must be to find ourselves in seemingly contradictory situation of such...

There has been discussions in this forum previously, one of which you may want to read is "The Great Dilemma" http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=955.0

I had posted a comment before and thought I'd share it here again..

I remember feeling elated when I came to know of His Holiness Gaden Trisur Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal entering Shar Gaden when his term as 101st Gaden Tri ended.  http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=2992
Then I thought about it...did he ever stop practicing Dorje Shugden while he held his term? It simply can't be that HH stopped practicing and then started back again after his term!

Talking about sitting on the fence and having to choose... The 101st Gaden Tri chose both! That makes me think that there are many monks in the monasteries who choose both, to not be against Dalai Lama outwardly yet continue with the holy protector practice. If we look to learn how we should approach this matter, let's learn from His Holiness Gaden Trisur Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal and the many monks in the monasteries.

- peace -
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 06:23:15 PM by DSFriend »

Zach

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 09:21:06 PM »
I can only imagine how difficult it must be to find ourselves in seemingly contradictory situation of such...

There has been discussions in this forum previously, one of which you may want to read is "The Great Dilemma" http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=955.0

I had posted a comment before and thought I'd share it here again..

I remember feeling elated when I came to know of His Holiness Gaden Trisur Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal entering Shar Gaden when his term as 101st Gaden Tri ended.  http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=2992
Then I thought about it...did he ever stop practicing Dorje Shugden while he held his term? It simply can't be that HH stopped practicing and then started back again after his term!

Talking about sitting on the fence and having to choose... The 101st Gaden Tri chose both! That makes me think that there are many monks in the monasteries who choose both, to not be against Dalai Lama outwardly yet continue with the holy protector practice. If we look to learn how we should approach this matter, let's learn from His Holiness Gaden Trisur Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal and the many monks in the monasteries.

- peace -

This doesnt really cut the cake rightly though does it DSfriend, I somehow doubt that His Holiness the Gaden Trisur takes HHDL as his guru so in such a situation it is easier for one to appear according to timely convention yet still maintain Dharmapala practise, But what about those whom may have choosen as others to take HHDL as their Guru as well as Some of the older masters such as HH Trijang or HH Zong rinpoche ? Now how is it one is to juggle contradictory advise between gurus ? There is a mighty difference between pretending to follow HHDL'S advise during a term of office and one being caught between a rock and a hard place of having actually previously chosen HHDL as ones additional guru and later finding out HHDL is going against other Vajramasters.... :)

Well Having said this it just reminded me...HHDL used to write about HH Trijang rinpoche being his Root guru but now because he has apparently perceived a illogical fault in HH Trijang he chooses to place more emphisis these days upon HH Ling Rinpoche. Funny that isnt it !

Mana

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 02:31:47 PM »

Again about the Dalai Lama? Expand your field of discussion.

Mana

vajralight