Author Topic: Choktrul Trijang Rinpoche's Dilemma  (Read 24934 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Choktrul Trijang Rinpoche's Dilemma
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 03:19:03 PM »

Of interest also is the para before what Big Uncle posted from http://www.shugdensociety.info/historyEvents1998EN.html:

Then there were some violent clashes as the lay Tibetans were incited within the grounds of Gaden Monastery by the Tibetan Govt representatives. It was decided it is safer for Trijang Rinpoche to leave. He departed to Switzerland and to the protective care of His Eminence Gonsar Rinpoche. Gonsar Rinpoche was instrumental for the protection and welfare of the current Trijang Rinpoche for many years.

Mana[/color]

Yes, Gonsar Rinpoche was the main person for the protection and welfare of Trijang Rinpoche.  Apart from Gonsar Rinpoche was Dagpo Rinpoche who financially supported Trijang Rinpoche while he was in Switzerland.

I am very touched how Trijang Rinpoche has to go through this spiritual journey and not attaching to the 8 worldly concerns.  It clearly shows who he is.

It is very nice to see how these high Lamas support each other and yet remain on the good side of the Dalai Lama. Dagpo Rinpoche was the root Lama of Pabongkha Rinpoche and in this lifetime he was able to manifest huge amounts of Dharma work (although it seems that he and Pabongkha Rinpoche are physically distant) and it shows us again that how all the enlightened masters are actually one and the same as they work towards the same goal that is to bring all beings to enlightenment. In lieu of that, we should remember that the Dalai Lama is also working towards that together and however unjust is the ban, it could be that he is preparing the world for Dorje Shugden's global herald.

Big Uncle

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 04:36:38 AM »
Dilemma?no dilemma this is the Trinle of an Enlightened being, Choktrul Trijang Yeshe Gyatzo.We will see with our own eyes the fulfilment of His Holy Action.
I deeply rejoice.
paolo.

Indeed it is. All actions of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, who is one with Heruka is sacred and would benefit beings in ways that are beyond our understanding. I believe the same with the Dalai Lama and that these great beings along with Dorje Shugden are manifesting something big to bring tremendous benefit of Dorje Shugden into this world. From the website, I glean a glimpse of their great plan and I think this is only a small part of this whole grand scheme of things. What do you think Paolo?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 11:08:05 AM »
Indeed it is. All actions of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, who is one with Heruka is sacred and would benefit beings in ways that are beyond our understanding. I believe the same with the Dalai Lama and that these great beings along with Dorje Shugden are manifesting something big to bring tremendous benefit of Dorje Shugden into this world. From the website, I glean a glimpse of their great plan and I think this is only a small part of this whole grand scheme of things. What do you think Paolo?

As time passes, it will be clear that Trijang Rinpoche and the Dalai Lama are working towards the same goals: that is to bring Dorje Shugden to many. the Dalai Lama may use reverse psychology to bring awareness of Dorje Shugden to people while Trijang Rinpoche would use the normal method. Things might be difficult for us Dorje Shugden practitioners now, but everything is for a cause and everything happens for a reason as it is not possible for High Lamas to go at each others' throats, if that was possible, then it would totally contradict the Buddha's teachings.

Thom

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 09:39:09 PM »
The Good News is the Dalia Lama is irrelevant and our Shugden Monasteries are completely independent of Dharmasala. The Dalia Lama cannot do anything with his disturbances. Likewise His Holiness Trjiang Rinpoche laid the groundwork as he instructed Geshe Kelsang Gyatso to Flourish the Dharma around the World with the New Kadampa Tradition. His Holiness prepares lay people to be as clerg and is likely to assume the mantle of authority of NKT, once Geshe Kelsang Gyatso enters Tushita Heaven

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2013, 05:47:50 AM »
What an interesting hypothesis,  Thom. And nice to see you back here by the way. The thing is,  how will HH Trijang Rinpoche take over NKT when Geshe Kelsang Gyatso has been extremely clear and adamant about not recognising tulkus at NKT? As far as I've heard,  Geshe Kelsang Gyatso has not even gone to see the Young HH Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche,  who is the incarnation of his root guru.

i do think it is a great idea though for HH Trijang Rinpoche to take over NKT, for he will have a huge network at his fingertips practically overnight. However, I think that a better way for the transition would be not to wait til Geshela passes into clear light but for Geshela to hand over the reins of the NKT now. This would tell all the NKT centres of Geshela's intentions so there is no question or contention when Geshela is no longer around.

Geshe Kelsang Gyatso has expressed concerns over succession and HH Trijang Rinpoche taking over would be an excellent succession. i hope that the NKT members will go along with the plan though. I know the NKT members are not necessarily an easy bunch as they have strong opinions :) i have not heard what they think of the young HH Trijang Rinpoche either. 

If this is to come to pass, it will certainly be interesting!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 08:30:02 AM »
What an interesting hypothesis,  Thom. And nice to see you back here by the way. The thing is,  how will HH Trijang Rinpoche take over NKT when Geshe Kelsang Gyatso has been extremely clear and adamant about not recognising tulkus at NKT? As far as I've heard,  Geshe Kelsang Gyatso has not even gone to see the Young HH Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche,  who is the incarnation of his root guru.

i do think it is a great idea though for HH Trijang Rinpoche to take over NKT, for he will have a huge network at his fingertips practically overnight. However, I think that a better way for the transition would be not to wait til Geshela passes into clear light but for Geshela to hand over the reins of the NKT now. This would tell all the NKT centres of Geshela's intentions so there is no question or contention when Geshela is no longer around.

Geshe Kelsang Gyatso has expressed concerns over succession and HH Trijang Rinpoche taking over would be an excellent succession. i hope that the NKT members will go along with the plan though. I know the NKT members are not necessarily an easy bunch as they have strong opinions :) i have not heard what they think of the young HH Trijang Rinpoche either. 

If this is to come to pass, it will certainly be interesting!

I dont really think that Trijang Rinpoche would head NKT at all because NKT's system and organisation and structure is of such where there is no room for tulkus. If it was introduced, there would be a lot of people who might claim themselves to be tulkus and this might cause problems for the organisation. In Gelugpa, tulkus are not recognized just because they are, but due to the actions and potentials they can bring. with a community of individuals who are not  familiar with this, there could be much potential problems and GKG is wise enough to foresee all of these to avoid potential problems in the future.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2015, 11:46:40 AM »
Very often I think that HH Choktrul Trijang Rinpoche gave up his robes in order to practise Dorje Shugden with peace and without being under the scrutiny of the office of the Dalai Lama.

As mentioned even when promised with fame and renown by the Dalai Lama, Trijang Rinpoche chose to continue his DS worship.

It is of course of no surprise on the integrity of such High Lamas who incarnate to continue their work life after life.

kris

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2015, 03:54:47 PM »
This is indeed so sad :( HH Dalai Lama persuading Choktrul Trijang Rinpoche to give up His practice for some "false security". Choktrul Trijang Rinpoche now had to practice in lay cloth, started TBI, and raising as a great lama now, traveling places.

I do pray Choktrul Trijang Rinpoche can put on the monk robe in very near future and pray the ban on Dorje Shugden can come to an end, because it is really heartache to see all this :(