This is surely an interesting question.
All religions have questions about cloning.
I remember there was a movie about that, the movie was about people's clones being weird human creatures without a "soul"... Not sure what that means!
As far as I can apply common sense on the issue, here is how I would debate:
1. beings are of two types: a) sentient beings, b) enlightened beings
2. clones are either one or the other, since there is no other category (and they are not vegetal neither)
3. thus they experience pain and operate with five aggregates if they are sentient beings
4. and they are buddhas' emanations or buddhas if they are enlightened
5. therefore, to me, I do not see a reason why a clone is any different from another being in this sense: I do not see any reason why we sould consider clones with a different mind set than other beings.
And if I am wrong, maybe we should adjust our prayers like this:
may it be that all sentient beings AND CLONES have happiness and its causes,
may it be that all sentient beings AND CLONES become free from suffering and its causes,
That does not make much sense, does it?
I'd like to read what others think of this topic