Author Topic: NEW ARTICLE! Dorje Shugden in Tricycle  (Read 15744 times)

maricisun

• Email
Re: NEW ARTICLE! Dorje Shugden in Tricycle
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 04:33:02 PM »
This is a brief article but it did explain that Dorje Shugden is not a worldy spirit and did mention how DS came to rise. At least more people will be looking out for more articles relating to DS.
Look forward to seeing more from Tricycle.

icy

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 06:47:40 AM »
I read an old article in Tricycle many years ago just after the ban started.  The article was impartial and inconclusive as it did not take side if Dorje Shugden was enlightened or a spirit.  This new article of Tricycle is definitely an improvement of the old article with 70% accuracy with their acceptance that DS is an enlightened being.  DS.COM, the definitive Dorje Shugden website, did a great job by clarifying some misunderstanding in the article.  I believe in future DS.COM will be the reference point for all writers and publishers on Dorje Shugden as there are no other better source of information available at this point. 

I am confident Tricycle will progress in the near future to publish a 100% accurate article on Dorje Shugden with the help of DS.COM. 

fruven

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 03:37:26 PM »
This article presents both the view of Dorje Shugden as  a Buddha or Enlightened Being, as well as a spirit. So it is  a balanced presentation.  The view that he is enlightened is further elaborated on, to include his being an embodiment of Manjushri.

Furthermore  Dorje Shugden, arose from Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen, whom the fourth Panchen Lama, Lobzang Chokyi Gyeltsen ,had identified as the reincarnation of the 15th Gaden Tripa - Panchen Sonam Drakpa., who was himself a reincarnation of Duldzin Drakpa Gyeltsen, a close student of Lama Tsongkhapa. So with such 'credentials', how could Dorje Shugden be other than an Enlightened Protector?

Furthermore this website supports this article saying " The facts of this article are mostly accurate and so it paints a rather promising picture of acceptance of Dorje Shugden as an enlightened Protector, in the near future.

Thus Dorje Shugden could never have been a spirit, for if he were, how is it that the then 5th Dalai Lama, an emanation of Chenrezig, was not able to capture and destroy him?

Last but not least, if he were a spirit it is most unlikely that the two most influential Lamas of this age - Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche and Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche - would work so vigorously and tirelessly to promote him and his practice for the benefit of all beings?

Yeah a lot of the things reported in this old article by Tricycle sure tells us or points to us that DOrje Shugden is indeed an Enlightened protector. I think we ought to request them to publish the latest incidences about the violence that being caused to Trijang Rinpoche's assistant. This is totally Un-Buddhist and it should be every Buddhist practitioners' concern.

Bacause if the CTA is allowed to get away with this by turning a blind eye and not even bothered to investigate, what does it tells us about the type of Govt that is representing Tibetans in exile? What does it say about this so called "Buddhist" society? It is a great deception in deed to the Buddhas as well as other Buddhist and people all around the world. It is a disgrace to Buddhism.

In a nutshell, you could say that CTA is actually destroying the Vajrayana practice and dragging the name of Buddhism down in to the mud with them. We must do something to stop them!

Obviously we can see that CTA is not Buddhist based on the criteria from Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand written by Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche after he attended the 24 days Lamrim by Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche. IS CTA even qualify to lead the Tibetans today in this day and age. What about citizens rights? Government is paid to take care of many things of the citizens and not supposed to go around and rounding monks by force to leave the monastery. It is not CTA business to force people to choose their religions or spiritual beliefs. If it is okay can we say CTA can also force people to stop drinking Starbucks coffee because Starbucks coffee is banned on the grounds that it is not authentic coffee.

Rihanna

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 05:27:26 AM »
I commend Tricycle for publishing this article when other publishers chose to stay away from this issue and took a 'politically correct' stance. It could be so that they could stay as main stream media, not to be suppressed like Dorje Shugden pratitioners have to endure, loose their advertising columns, or for other selfish reasons related to P&L of their balance sheet. The facts in that article may not be 100% accurate but at least the writer tried to stay as objective as possible. I hope to read more Dorje Shugden articles in other Buddhist magazines. I pray that other magazines will take the lead from Tricycle and follow suit.