Author Topic: Tibetan public talk 2012 Feb : Interview with Legthang Tenzin Gyatso  (Read 4035 times)

DharmaSpace

This is very interesting it looks like a tv station is making a program featuring this lama who works to provide English lessons to the young monks, I still hope they can incorporate Chinese into their curriculum, China is still on the ascendancy and could be a place whereby spirituality will be very important in the coming decades. Please support the cause of educating the young noble monks so they can carry the mantle of Buddhism in the future.

If any scholar or Tibetan speaking can elaborate that would be so great what is being spoken about.
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=13091

brian

• Email
I agree what you said Dharmaspace, based on the current trend and looking forward from now I agree with you strongly on the fact that monks should now work on Chinese language already. The trend is there for us to see as population in China is one of largest in the world and China opening its door to the world including spirituality. May all the monks can learn up Chinese laguages perfectly and be able to spread Dorje Shugden's practice there!

beggar

It's very encouraging and gladdening to see how much Shar Gaden is doing for their new generation of young monks. I very glad to hear of how progressive they are and how much they are doing for their Sangha in the face of so much opposition and so many obstacles coming mostly from their own people. If Dorje Shugden was really quite so bad, why a monastery created and arising from him, be quite so beneficial in producing generations of Dharma teachers and strengthening the learning and spread of Dharma teachings, the lamrim and all the very things that the monks are trying to bring to the world?

What evil spirit would consistently, and for so many hundreds of years, create so much growth in something so good?

Unfortunately, I have also heard that things aren't quite as rosy across the fence in Gaden Monastery, or the other non-Shugden monasteries. Many of the old generation of Lamas, Tulkus and Rinpoches are passing away (or they have moved to Shar Gaden / Serpom!) leaving fewer and fewer of the great masters behind. It is known that much of the administration are more anxious about keeping up appearances with the CTA and the Dalai Lama, and towing the line, than in improving the monastery to move with the times. I'm still not quite sure this is really a fault of the monasteries though, who are so largely controlled by the leading authorities, the CTA etc. Even if they were very wealthy, isn't much of what they do determined by those at the top?

In trying to preserve their religion, the CTA and DL supporters are inadvertently pickling the richest, best "asset" they have - their religion. They're not moving with the times, they're just keeping it locked down and locked out of any progression. So while their monasteries may, for all outward appearances, be "clean" and following all the old, stuffy protocols of old, they're now far more restricted from being able to do what they were originally set up to do, to spread Dharma and bring the teachings to the world in ways relevant to the people.

Klein

It's very encouraging and gladdening to see how much Shar Gaden is doing for their new generation of young monks. I very glad to hear of how progressive they are and how much they are doing for their Sangha in the face of so much opposition and so many obstacles coming mostly from their own people. If Dorje Shugden was really quite so bad, why a monastery created and arising from him, be quite so beneficial in producing generations of Dharma teachers and strengthening the learning and spread of Dharma teachings, the lamrim and all the very things that the monks are trying to bring to the world?

What evil spirit would consistently, and for so many hundreds of years, create so much growth in something so good?

Unfortunately, I have also heard that things aren't quite as rosy across the fence in Gaden Monastery, or the other non-Shugden monasteries. Many of the old generation of Lamas, Tulkus and Rinpoches are passing away (or they have moved to Shar Gaden / Serpom!) leaving fewer and fewer of the great masters behind. It is known that much of the administration are more anxious about keeping up appearances with the CTA and the Dalai Lama, and towing the line, than in improving the monastery to move with the times. I'm still not quite sure this is really a fault of the monasteries though, who are so largely controlled by the leading authorities, the CTA etc. Even if they were very wealthy, isn't much of what they do determined by those at the top?

In trying to preserve their religion, the CTA and DL supporters are inadvertently pickling the richest, best "asset" they have - their religion. They're not moving with the times, they're just keeping it locked down and locked out of any progression. So while their monasteries may, for all outward appearances, be "clean" and following all the old, stuffy protocols of old, they're now far more restricted from being able to do what they were originally set up to do, to spread Dharma and bring the teachings to the world in ways relevant to the people.

I agree with what you stated beggar. I'm not familiar with what's really happening in the monasteries. I read about the current Abbot of Gaden Monastery in this forum and how he's focused on promoting himself and raising funds for himself and NOT Gaden Monastery. Looks like Gaden is more focused on pleasing HHDL and CTA and not the spread of Je Tsongkhapa's lineage. Come to think about it, doesn't it defeat the purpose of a monastery?

Shar Gaden on the other hand, stays firm with their pure lineage and practices. They focus on spreading the lineage by evolving with the times such as learning English. Even without the support of CTA and HHDL, Shar Gaden is still doing well. I guess this is only possible with the help of Dorje Shugden and the blessings from the lineage masters.

dsiluvu

Re: Tibetan public talk 2012 Feb : Interview with Legthang Tenzin Gyatso
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 03:45:33 PM »
It sure looks like the objective of these monasteries who rather "look" politically correct in the eyes of CTA & HHDL has been perverted and loss.

While those that were kicked out, left to fend on their own, continues their Guru devotion, continues Dorje Shugden practice like Shar Gaden and Serpom is doing exactly that and in such a short span of time... look at their growth! Just look at Serpom Monastery Inauguration Ceremony that just happened a few months ago http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=12844

They had to start from zero, from scratch and look at how far they have grown in such a short span of time. In a way this is like a blessing in disguise and they do not need to meddle or be meddled by politics - they are basically "FREE" from the 8 worldly concerns and practicing pure Dharma!

These monks and high lamas are so courageous and inspiring. Highly illustrious masters are like the HH Gaden Trisur Lungrik Namgyal Rinpoche who actually switched camp and up until today HH the Dalai Lama has not said one word to condemn his move. Isn't that ironic? Why not if Dorje Shugden is so bad, evil, dangerous and harmful. And why would these great high lamas who has been disseminating pure Dharma would want to suddenly join an evil cult? All this leads back to the only fact that Dorje Shugden practice is after all not evil.