Author Topic: The Bad Boys of Buddhism  (Read 16876 times)

vajrastorm

Re: The Bad Boys of Buddhism
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 07:42:04 AM »
I salute you, Lozang Tenpa, for the many brave qualities you show, but chief of all, for your single-pointed Guru Devotion and fierce commitment to keeping the Dorje Shugden practice alive that brought you to Shar Gaden to brave the many 'slings' and outrageous actions against Shugden monks and practitioners.

I agree with all that has been said about Mr Lewis here. He moved me most when he said: "If the Dalai Lama spent some time with Monk Duke, Jampa and Kunga(the Bad Boys of Tibetan Buddhism), I'm sure they all could resolve this issue with compassion and loving-kindness". These words show how positively his stay in Shar Gaden has impacted him.

Yes, I too look forward to his documentary!   

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 06:06:19 PM »
Here is a link to J.D. and his 2 kids getting interviewed on American television:
http://www.wcnc.com/on-tv/Larrys-Look--August-28-167678115.html

Pretty cool that Shar Gaden left such an impact on young Buck! This family visited 12 amazing countries in 12 months and Buck chose his stay at Shar Gaden as his favorite!!! Yay for Losang Buck!!

Mana

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »
We at this website have an ongoing fundraising drive for Shar Gaden. We have the great honor to send them money regularly. We have been doing so for the last four years including sponsoring of many pujas, teachings, books, utilities and computers. We will continue to do so without interruption. We do so knowing the monks of Shar Gaden are heroes.

Dorje Shugden took trance of his oracle and informed us He is very pleased with the works we are doing at this website and for Shar Gaden. He advised us to continue but without anything scathing towards His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Dorje Shugden on many occasions told us to always show deference and respect to His Holiness the Dalai Lama no matter what it may look like now. We will abide by Dorje Shugden's advice.

We will continue to proliferate Dorje Shugden's practice and support Shar Gaden Monastery.

Mana

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 02:57:40 AM »
Here is a link to J.D. and his 2 kids getting interviewed on American television:

Pretty cool that Shar Gaden left such an impact on young Buck! This family visited 12 amazing countries in 12 months and Buck chose his stay at Shar Gaden as his favorite!!! Yay for Losang Buck!!

J.D. has plans for coming back to Shar Gaden Monastery to shoot a documentary.  :)

DharmaSpace

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »
There have been many documentaries from the west who have covered on the issue that is affecting the Gelug tradition and the Tibetan people. This is a fresh perspective I feel from people who not only went there to get the 'NEWS' but lived there as part of the monks within Shar Gaden Monastery. They lived with them side by side and really got to know the cool monks at Shar Gaden who are so infinitely kind and helpful and always genuinely concerned for others.

So this is something fresh to bring to the table. I look forward to this documentary, this will be an awesome one.

Zach

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 10:25:36 PM »

J.D. has plans for coming back to Shar Gaden Monastery to shoot a documentary.  :)

Cool I'll be looking forward to that :)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 04:26:20 AM »
We at this website have an ongoing fundraising drive for Shar Gaden. We have the great honor to send them money regularly. We have been doing so for the last four years including sponsoring of many pujas, teachings, books, utilities and computers. We will continue to do so without interruption. We do so knowing the monks of Shar Gaden are heroes.

Dorje Shugden took trance of his oracle and informed us He is very pleased with the works we are doing at this website and for Shar Gaden. He advised us to continue but without anything scathing towards His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Dorje Shugden on many occasions told us to always show deference and respect to His Holiness the Dalai Lama no matter what it may look like now. We will abide by Dorje Shugden's advice.

We will continue to proliferate Dorje Shugden's practice and support Shar Gaden Monastery.

Mana

This is amazing - Dorje Shugden has spoken through the oracle to support not criticizing the Dalai Lama?? Is this the only time recorded that Dorje Shugden has actually stated this? I had only known of HH Trijang Rinpoche advising that we keep faith in the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden. So if Mana is stating that Dorje Shugden himself has confirmed this advice, then it shows that the bigger picture is not just a hypothesis but actually sanctioned by Dorje Shugden himself! Personally I find this mindblowing… and am amazed that nobody else seems to be amazed!!!!!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 04:30:14 AM »
I’m sorry – I was so amazed that I forgot to comment on the topic at hand! LOL! Anyway, I did want to mention that I saw the TV interview on Larry’s Look and it was great to see young 9-year-old Buck say that his favourite part of the 12 country trip was the Buddhist monastery.  Like everyone here, I am very much looking forward to the documentary that JD intends to do.  Keep us posted, LT.

I recall that there was a Dorje Shugden movie which was going to be made awhile back but I don’t know what happened to that. There was a lot of secrecy around it – understandably because of the touchiness of the subject matter – but I haven’t heard anymore news. If anyone knows any progress, do let us know.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »

This is great news! Clearly Shar Gaden made an impact on J.D. Lewis and a documentary would be yet another opportunity to spread Dorje Shugden and tell the world about the hypocrisy of the CTA. We have an amazing Protector who will draw the right people into the picture at the right time, provided we keep our samaya clean.

Thank you to Losang Tenpa who did his part in enrolling J.D. Lewis, and for keeping up with the practice proudly. I second what Wisdom Being said and personally it is refreshing to see someone with a past come clean and practicing the dharma. Like you said....the worst thing that could have happened to us in this life is not the mistakes we made, but that we never met the dharma at all. Not only did you meet the dharma, but you met the greatest of enlightened Protectors, Dorje Shugden himself. Whatever troubles drove you to join the monastery, was perhaps your good karma ripening, albeit in disguise.

Power on for the Protector Monk Duke.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 02:42:55 PM »

This is great news! Clearly Shar Gaden made an impact on J.D. Lewis and a documentary would be yet another opportunity to spread Dorje Shugden and tell the world about the hypocrisy of the CTA. We have an amazing Protector who will draw the right people into the picture at the right time, provided we keep our samaya clean.

Thank you to Losang Tenpa who did his part in enrolling J.D. Lewis, and for keeping up with the practice proudly. I second what Wisdom Being said and personally it is refreshing to see someone with a past come clean and practicing the dharma. Like you said....the worst thing that could have happened to us in this life is not the mistakes we made, but that we never met the dharma at all. Not only did you meet the dharma, but you met the greatest of enlightened Protectors, Dorje Shugden himself. Whatever troubles drove you to join the monastery, was perhaps your good karma ripening, albeit in disguise.

Power on for the Protector Monk Duke.

Thank you for your kind words.  :)

I am still in regular contact with J.D. and the kids. It was simply amazing to see the youngest child, Buck, instantly get pulled into the Dharma. He told his father after just a couple of days at Shar Gaden that he wanted to stay and become a monk. This was in no doubt due to the impact the holy sangha had on his mind. He begged his father to let him stay and it was later agreed that we would get him some robes, take him to the pujas, and teach him some mantras. His father later told Buck that when he gets a little older and can make more decisions for himself, he may come back to Shar Gaden and join the sangha.

Good stuff!!

brian

• Email
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 03:45:52 PM »
I am very pleased to know that there will be a documentary being done on Lord Shugden's practice and Shar Gaden Monastery! It is time that heroes gets recognised and their pleas be highlighted to the world. It is kinda moving when it took a person who knows nothing about Buddhism (ok, a little maybe) to do a documentary about Lord Shugden's issue. Perhaps JD really saw something this being so interesting because of the issues with Dalai Lama and all those controversies.

When the documentary's done (can't wait!!) it will be spreaded to the western world and it is only going to make Lord Shugden more famous than ever before! Can't wait!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 04:19:19 PM »
J.D. was actually quite moved when he was able to witness the effects of the ban first hand.
I spent many afternoons walking around with him and the kids to the various monasteries and shops in the area. He was able to see right away the way people reacted to him when they saw him walking with a Shar Gaden monk. He saw the way people glared at us, turned their backs as we walked by, and even refused service in some shops.
He was shocked. He could not believe he was seeing these actions from other Buddhist monks who are often viewed as beings of compassion. The kindness he received from all of the monks at Shar Gaden was a very good balance to this new experience for him.

He interviewed some of the monks about the ban and he will be including this in the video he is making about his adventures around the world.

He wants to come back and do a documentary specifically on this issue of the ban, apart from his other video project. He has many friends in the movie business and I am sure would be able to make a great documentary on the subject.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 01:37:02 PM »
J.D. was actually quite moved when he was able to witness the effects of the ban first hand.
I spent many afternoons walking around with him and the kids to the various monasteries and shops in the area. He was able to see right away the way people reacted to him when they saw him walking with a Shar Gaden monk. He saw the way people glared at us, turned their backs as we walked by, and even refused service in some shops.
He was shocked. He could not believe he was seeing these actions from other Buddhist monks who are often viewed as beings of compassion. The kindness he received from all of the monks at Shar Gaden was a very good balance to this new experience for him.

He interviewed some of the monks about the ban and he will be including this in the video he is making about his adventures around the world.

He wants to come back and do a documentary specifically on this issue of the ban, apart from his other video project. He has many friends in the movie business and I am sure would be able to make a great documentary on the subject.

Anyone who hears about the Shugden ban and see the result of the ban on people's lives will be shocked. Shocked not only because we live in a modern world where there is no place for persecutions and but also to learn that a baseless ban is being imposed by the very same people who portray to the world a very opposite image. Witch hunters portraying as victims of persecutions.

I am almost certain that the only people who cannot see through their own prejudice are the CTA  and the people who uphold the ban and participate in the bullying. Anyone else will be completely shocked to learn about this. People will ask questions and quickly learn that there are no logical answers and no valid reason for the ban. Those like JD who witnessed the effects of the ban immediately feel the injustice that is taking place. Wait till he digs even deeper.

I hope JD will consider making a full documentary about the ban and tell the story from the perspective of someone who is completely neutral, and has nothing to gain either way.

Thank you once again Losang Tenpa.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 06:20:01 AM »

Anyone who hears about the Shugden ban and see the result of the ban on people's lives will be shocked. Shocked not only because we live in a modern world where there is no place for persecutions and but also to learn that a baseless ban is being imposed by the very same people who portray to the world a very opposite image. Witch hunters portraying as victims of persecutions.
There are many things that encircle the ban that will shock many people if they find out about it, among it being Buddhists of other traditions. They will find it odd to see why are the Dalai Lama's followers committing violent acts and the expulsion of monks from monasteries who have not trasgressed the vinaya is shocking and unbelievable in so many levels. This has never happened in the history of Buddhism before and it goes against all that the Buddha has taught, irregardless of traditions.

I am almost certain that the only people who cannot see through their own prejudice are the CTA  and the people who uphold the ban and participate in the bullying. Anyone else will be completely shocked to learn about this. People will ask questions and quickly learn that there are no logical answers and no valid reason for the ban. Those like JD who witnessed the effects of the ban immediately feel the injustice that is taking place. Wait till he digs even deeper.
All of these inconsistencies have been hidden by the CTA and their cronies for the longest time because if they were to be exposed, it will for sure mean the end of CTA in the eyes of the world as they contradict the very causes that they are fighting for. However, as paper cannot wrap fire, this issue will be known by the world and CTA will lose their credibility because not everyone is as naive as the first batch of Tibetan Buddhists.

I hope JD will consider making a full documentary about the ban and tell the story from the perspective of someone who is completely neutral, and has nothing to gain either way.

Thank you once again Losang Tenpa.

A documentary that would talk about this ban from the point of view of someone who is neutral...and then it is aired in National Geographic will make a huge impact as it will show the world what really is going on. The current documentaries that are on this issue are only broadcasted to limited audience (Al Jazeera and the french TV channel) but if it was produced for a wider audience, people will know and learn a lot more and it would plant a lot of seeds, although they would need to bypass the CTA and their cronies first.