Author Topic: China wants to grab institution of Dalai Lama: CTA  (Read 4194 times)

DharmaSpace

China wants to grab institution of Dalai Lama: CTA
« on: September 16, 2015, 06:15:24 AM »
SHIMLA: Amid the controversy that China wants to control the process of reincarnating next Dalai Lama, Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) at Dharamshala has claimed that China wants to grab Tibet's institution of the Dalai Lama due to its past geopolitical importance in the volatile politics of China, Mongolia and Tibet.

According to CTA, China's internal assessment that it cannot rule Tibet forever without the legitimizing influence of Dalai Lama over the Tibetan people is also behind the move.

CTA has prepared a 31-page report in response to China's White Paper on Tibet claiming that the legitimacy of the14th Dalai Lama of Tibet rests on China's recognition and approval. The report states that by demanding that 14th Dalai Lama reincarnate and in its determination to appoint his reincarnation, China is claiming this spiritual resource of Tibet which at its whim could be turned into a highly potent political tool.

Challenging China's claim, CTA said that there would be an international pushback to such a Chinese move. "The pushback will not only come from the Tibetan people but millions of Buddhists who traditionally share Tibet's spiritual culture and others in rest of the world who have benefitted from the teachings of His Holiness the Dalai Lama,' it added.

"Such a move on the part of China will create an international furor comparable to China muscling its way into the South China Sea," the report stated.

The report stated that Communist Party in China has realised the total collapse of Tibetan people's trust in its administration. "The peaceful protests that erupted throughout Tibet and the ongoing self-immolations are indicators of the Communist China's consistent failure to win the trust of the Tibetan people," it said.

"The Party's fear of the influence of Dalai Lama in China is best expressed by former President Jiang Zemin. He said even a visit by the Dalai Lama to China would make all Tibetans go mad," the report added.

It claimed this was a risk the Party had no stomach for. "Now, the Party wants to wait for the passing away of the 14th Dalai Lama and then select a pliant successor to continue its rule in Tibet," it added.

It said that Khata (white cloth) in hands and head slightly bowed, Gyaltsen Norbu swore undying allegiance to the Party and to its sitting general secretary. In the Party's game plan, Gyaltsen Norbu would be pivotal in helping the party to impose a 15th Dalai Lama on the Tibetan people, report stated.

It is absolutely true that the China may have some ideas to do that. So why is the CTA still persecuting Dorje Shudgen people, don't they have enough problem on their plates already.

If they keep trying to maintain this ban and discrimination on Dorje Shudgen it will make CTA have no time to address the bigger issues. It is time for CTA to unite all Tibetans, and stop doing what does not benefit them in the long run.

grandmapele

Re: China wants to grab institution of Dalai Lama: CTA
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:31:34 AM »
If the CTA is so concerned, they should clean up their act and do something right for the Tibetans instead of diverting attention and pointing fingers or is it a case of their thinking that they are the equivalent of "atisha's cook' in this time and situation?! LOL....

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 02:38:33 PM »
Besides spending their time to discriminate Dorje Shugden devotees and blaming Shugdenpas for Tibet to be lost forever, CTA is indoctrinating another fear into Tibetans that the Chinese government will hijack the seat of the Dalai Lama.

Taking into consideration all is true, what is CTA doing to ensure that they are representing Tibets in exile in proper fashion to eliminate such fears.  Instead of inflicting them.

kris

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 10:02:24 PM »
@DharmaSpace, what I don't understand is, how would blaming Dorje Shguden be of any help to CTA when it comes to getting back Tibet? It seems to me the CTA is "consumed" or deeply disturbed by Dorje Shugden's presence so much so CTA cannot concentrate on their original intention: To gain independence.

It is best for CTA to focus on their main goal than to just go bully Dorje Shugden practitioners.

fruven

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 11:44:56 PM »
CTA has prepared a 31-page report in response to China's White Paper on Tibet claiming that the legitimacy of the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet rests on China's recognition and approval. The report states that by demanding that 14th Dalai Lama reincarnate and in its determination to appoint his reincarnation, China is claiming this spiritual resource of Tibet which at its whim could be turned into a highly potent political tool.

CTA does seem to have a lot of time on their hands. CTA is flaming Tibetans hatred towards China using the name of Dalai Lama. What can they hope to achieve by doing that?

Big Uncle

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 11:41:22 AM »
In all honesty, I don't really care about China's interest in controlling the Dalai Lama. I just really want to know if the 14th Dalai Lama would abolish the Dorje Shugden ban and perhaps be a Dorje Shugden lineageholder for a change. I know that sounds like wishful thinking right now but circumstances may change with the new incarnation and I hope by then, we have the merits for that to happen.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 04:29:17 AM »
The intention and the manner that China wants to "grab" the institution of the Dalai Lama is a direct reflection of how the Tibetan Government of old and currently the CTA has been using the institution of the Dalai Lama to control Tibetans. The effect is similar to cause, cause is similar to effect.

Only now the table is turned and China has the upper hand. To me all this are worldly activities leveraging of a sacred Lineage, but then the original institution of the Dalai Lama started as a spiritual appointment by the powers of the day during the 3rd Dalai Lama's time and during the 5th Dalai Lama's time it was consolidated with secular powers. Since then spiritual and secular power have rested solely on the Dalai Lama and when the current and 14th Dalai Lama has to flee to India in 1959, he technically lost secular control of Tibet.

My point is, what good would it be for a 15th Dalai Lama do for anyone, given that the institution itself has lost credibility spiritually with the Dorje Shugden ban and secular power is limited to those Tibetans in India with is minority even among the Tibetan diaspora.

The 14th Dalai Lama, perhaps is the wisest in saying that perhaps there will not be any future incarnation and he even in my opinion, "assassinated"  the idea of a future incarnation in the recent controversy of his comment about a female Dalai Lama needs to be attractive.

I feel, there need not be any 15th Dalai Lama.