Author Topic: What would cause the Dorje Shugden ban to go down?  (Read 10484 times)

DSFriend

Re: What would cause the Dorje Shugden ban to go down?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 07:03:19 PM »
If HHDL were to come right out and say he was wrong and that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha and can cause no harm,..how would that make HHDL look? Perhaps him saying this will affect many to lose faith in Tibetan Buddhism as a whole because HHDL has become the face to represent Tibetan Buddhism. Therefore, I doubt HHDL will take this route.

I do think that the rest of the world will make a difference in bringing the ban down... the rest of the world who are educated in the controversies and issues who can see clearly due to the availability of information over the internet space.

Great empires have risen and fallen...this ban has caused much heartaches but it can disintegrate with strong unity and a knowledgable community of practitioners.

VS

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
The ban will definitely be lifted in the matter of time. I doubt HH Dalai Lama will come outright and 'acknowledge' that He 'wrong' in imposing the ban.

As a matter of fact, the ban has been watered down recently as compared to when it was newly imposed where HH Dalai Lama was so very 'strict' with practitioners who refused to give up their practice and they were asked to leave their mother monastery that sworn in to give up the practice.

Even as recent as the Kalacakra initiation where HH Dalai Lama said that people are free to choose if they would like to do Dorje Shugden practice, His tone of voice was also very light and jovial.

With the Dorje Shugden warriors being ever active and diligent in promoting Dorje Shugden practice, they are creating the causes for the lifting of the ban soon.

For the rest of us, we should contribute towards the multi-media medium as this is the fastest growing medium and can reaches out to millions of people around the world. Lets put our efforts and hands together towards the lifting of the ban.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 12:23:23 PM »
His Holiness set the ban for a purpose I feel the Dalai Lama will leave this world still promoting then ban for a greater picture to manifest. Despite the ban more and more people are learning about the power of Dorje Shugden and how it can benefit them. I feel for the Dorje Shugden lamas to carry on teaching the Buddha Dharma, sharing about Dorje Shugden practice, and more people get enrolled to the dorje Shugden practice , and we keep up the letters to the all over the world, share more all over the world it will chip away more at this ban. The Dalai Lama protest stance on Dorje Shugden is getting weaker by the day. 

Manjushri

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 02:36:05 PM »
Bans to me are kinda like FADs.. It comes on and then goes, but how fast it comes and goes will be dependant on the force behind it - people. People dictate and play within our own rules and games. And I agree with what Kris said.. Alot of times something is imposed but then after a while, it'll die off if there is no strong foundation to why it was originally imposed.. The bans that were imposed a long time ago are now no longer in place.

What would cause the ban on DS to go down? Education. Educating people with knowlege, to see and understand the illogical reasonings behind the ban. Why? Because ultimately, it will be the people who will have the power to overturn the ban. So then how do we educate people, how far this education reaches people, and how many people it reaches would cause the ban to go down. Maybe a debate..between high lamas or even sangha and lay practitioners, who are for and against the ban that can be broadcasted live worldwide might work. As long as the media picks it up and this is spread throughout the world like wild fire, it would ultimately cause the ban to vanish, or better still, make Dorje Shugden known worldwide.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »
What would really make the ban go down is if there is enough people knowing what is the true nature of Dorje Shugden and they stand by it. these days, we see a lot of people supporting causes that they really believe in. If they see the cause of having Dorje Shugden around and that he and his practitioners is the real 'victim' around, their perceptions will change. Some of the most powerful Buddhist writers at this moment now are for the ban, which is why the ban is still in place but imagine if they are replaced with those who are neutral or against the ban. The current writers will grow old and retire and all that will remain are their names, but the upcoming ones will be the ones that will make this ban seem trivial and unimportant.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 05:22:01 PM »
I believe knowledge with time will cause the Shugden ban to go down.

Therefore, this website is extremely important. Most information about Shugden is mainly from here. I dare to say this website has more articles and resources then CTA or any tibetan website.

People in general are very interested in controversial subjects. And as they gain more knowledge, it will create more practitioner. Once Shugden grows big in that way, NOTHING the CTA or HH say will matter at the end. Look at CHINA, previously, the other countries were criticizing how CHINA operated in the past. BUT now, everyone looks up to them as they are the strongest in terms of population, economy and etc.  Even the ministers in UK is banned from meeting HH. Why? because the government does not want to upset China in any way.

I am very confident that the ban will go down. We are no longer just followers, we need facts and we know what is the truth. PLUS we have the NET

DharmaSpace

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 05:53:43 PM »
I do like what shugdenpromoter has written about why the ban will go down. 

It is important there are websites like dorjeshugden.com that keeps advocating the benefits of Dorje Shugden  and never gives up in demonstrating to the world that Dorje Shugden is an enlightened dharma protector. On top of that many methods to bring Dorje Shugden to others is clearly shown by this website from brochures to having a online shop to sending out letters to educate others. 

Education is so pivotal as, because education stops misinformation and wrong views in its tracks. If people were enlightened about Dorje Shugden there is no way people can be swayed or misled by those who seem to have the power over what we can or cannot propitiate.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 06:50:58 PM »
There's only one thing that will do it - the Dalai Lama says he was wrong and recants every negative thing he's said about Dorje Shugden.

I can't see it happening any other way, otherwise, even if people are 'allowed' to practise again, Dorje Shugden will always have the stigma of being a worldly spirit and those who practise will be seen as non-Buddhists.

I have no doubts whatsoever that the ban will go down eventually when:

(a) The Dalai Lama goes into clear light;
(b) The Dalai Lama reverses the ban, either admitting that he was wrong or providing a sound enough reason why he imposed the ban which he is then reversing;
(c) the CTA ignores the ban and publicly declares that persecution based on religion is unlawful and passes a strong resolution to prosecute those found guilty (seeing that they cannot pass a law to remove the ban since the ban was never passed as a legal act of parliament);
(d) China and the CTA comes to a compromise and Tibet is "returned" to the government of the CTA as an autonomous region within China. (when this happens China is unlikely to allow to the Dalai Lama's dictate to apply to Chinese citizens practicing Dorje Shugden). Whichever occurs first.

What would cause the ban to be removed faster would be faithful Dorje Shugden practitioners around the world pushing hard to create awareness of the unjust ban and bringing about situations where high profile people like powerful political figures, well respected scholars, media personalities with large followings, famous actors, human rights activist, and such like question the ban and call for the CTA to answer. Unfortunately, at the moment the ban has not caught sufficient attention on a global scale and is seen as an issue within the family of Tibetan Buddhist practitioners. Spreading the practice explosively is a precursor to getting the attention and support of influential people around the world.

When the ban does come down, I don't think Dorje Shugden will have a stigma at all. Not when the high lamas and well respected people within the tibetan Buddhist community come out openly to declare that they too are practitioners of Dorje Shugden. Moreover, we only need to look at the Yamantaka practice now, remembering that Yamantaka too was taught of as a demon when Ra Lotsawa first introduced it.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 09:27:52 AM »
I believe knowledge with time will cause the Shugden ban to go down.

Therefore, this website is extremely important. Most information about Shugden is mainly from here. I dare to say this website has more articles and resources then CTA or any tibetan website.

People in general are very interested in controversial subjects. And as they gain more knowledge, it will create more practitioner. Once Shugden grows big in that way, NOTHING the CTA or HH say will matter at the end. Look at CHINA, previously, the other countries were criticizing how CHINA operated in the past. BUT now, everyone looks up to them as they are the strongest in terms of population, economy and etc.  Even the ministers in UK is banned from meeting HH. Why? because the government does not want to upset China in any way.

I am very confident that the ban will go down. We are no longer just followers, we need facts and we know what is the truth. PLUS we have the NET

The ban cannot last. Why? because it's based on lies and hearsay. Since when can something that is based on superstition last? Perhaps it only works on Tibetans, but not for the rest of the world. The rest of the world identifies superstitions at a very fast rate and drop them just as fast as they pick them up. You're right -- this website is very important for anyone who wants to know more about Dorje Shugden - it is the first website that will show up and it is imperative for people who want to know more about Dorje Shugden - the correct information about Dorje Shugden, not the biased kind.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2015, 12:03:59 AM »
I think that one of the reasons that would cause Dorje Shugden ban to go down would be us continuing to protest peacefully and fairly. Let's not mind what are the anti Shugden people are doing because we all know that one day, karma will definitely go after them, it's inevitable. Besides that, we must do whatever we can do promote Lord Dorje Shugden on various social media platforms, social media is becoming a very strong information platform.