Author Topic: Is Emperor Kangxi Dorje Shugden?  (Read 10169 times)

Big Uncle

Re: Is Emperor Kangxi Dorje Shugden?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 03:39:43 AM »
thank you all for the explanation.

but i am confused by all these 'emanation' thing.

Prostitutes, thieves etc don't need to know they are emanations.

if a buddha emanated a thief, isn't he collecting negative karma by stealing? and
will he be going to reborn in Samsara again after so much negative karma generated? or he will reform back as a buddha after their life end?

If so, then why are buddha emanate as them?? does it not fit the purpose?????

hope I'm not asking stupid question...

Don't worry, it is not stupid. It is a very good question. With our innate self-cherishing mind, stealing is negative and will bring about negative results. However, emanations are emanated with the sole intention to bring benefit and so the motivation is selfless because the being emanating abides in selflessness. The karma of an action is determined by the motivation and not the action. In other words, we can slap a person out of anger and accrue negative karma and we can slap a person out of kindness and concern and accrue positive karma. The action may be the same but the motivation is different. So a Buddha can emanate as a thief, prostitute and so on to bring benefit. Although the actions seemed samsaric but he is meant to bring a certain benefit to the beings of that level. I hope I am clear on this...

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Is Emperor Kangxi Dorje Shugden?
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 03:50:38 AM »
thank you all for the explanation.

but i am confused by all these 'emanation' thing.

if a buddha emanated a thief, isn't he collecting negative karma by stealing? and
will he be going to reborn in Samsara again after so much negative karma generated? or he will reform back as a buddha after their life end?

If so, then why are buddha emanate as them?? does it not fit the purpose?????

hope I'm not asking stupid question...

(as i was typing this Big Uncle posted his reply which is along similar lines so this is just to add..)

Dear Carpenter,

When Buddha emanates, i believe that he is already out of samsara, hence he does not collect negative karma. His actions which are 'wrong' by samsara standards have an enlightened motive and therefore will not collect negative karma too.

I remember that before Buddha became enlightened, he killed a man to save others - which is complete compassion without personal agenda. Because he was not yet enlightened, he collected negative karma, but compared to the huge amount of merits he had collected, compared to his demerits, he only went to hell for one day.

Buddhas deliberately emanate in all sorts of forms for beneficial purposes. It is often beyond our deluded minds to understand why, such as when Mahasiddhas manifest. However, if other highly attained beings like Tulkus say that someone is a Mahasiddha, then we should just trust.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being