Author Topic: Tenzin Sungrab-Shar Gaden- My appeal  (Read 15023 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Tenzin Sungrab-Shar Gaden- My appeal
« on: July 22, 2010, 12:16:30 AM »
 Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2010, 01:34:42 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just had a meeting with the school pricipal, Geshe Lharampa Lobsang Jamyang, and he told me that he was asked by many of the older monks if he could request me to start 2 evening classes for those who cannot attend the daytime classes. It was such a joy to hear that so many more students are eager to learn. They study so hard and it is truly amazing that they want to learn even more.

This means that I will be very busy for the next couple of months that I have left here so I am not sure that I will have much time to post.

In 2 months my visa expires and I will have to leave. My goal is to come back again in December so that I can continue with this mission. This is all voluntary work and I have almost depleted my funds, but my hope is to find friends who will once again help me with the costs of returning here to help these monks learn English. If you are interested in sponsoring a portion of my travel fees, please send me a message. This is something I feel very commited to and will do whatever I can to make coming back here possible
Here is my email address-
[email protected]

Keep Shar Gaden in your thoughts.
Much love from East Tushita (Shar Gaden),
T.S.

Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2010, 01:12:41 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The support that I am seeking is mainly for the airfare and other related travel expences. I have checked around and I think that it will cost around $1000.00 for airfare and another $100-200 for train fair, bus, taxi ect.

I know that this is a lot of money and that is why I am starting to gather support early on.  My next planned trip back here is still about 4 -5 months away, but these things work much easier when set up in advance.

For the past 4 years I have been a full time volunteer in one form or another. Most of my past voluntary work revolved around helping the homeless and drug addicts. This has been a dream of mine for many years now- volunteering full time for the Dharma. It is only through the kind support of others that I have been able to do any of this. It never gets easier for me to ask for assistance, mostly due to my stuborn pride, but now I have started to see this as a sharing of merit and a coordinated way to help others.

For those who are willing to sponsor a portion of the costs, send me a message and I will give you details about how and where to send the support. I will make updates as things progress.
Thank you everyone!!
[email protected]
T.S.

extracted from Tenzin Sungrab's posts at: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=688.135

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a special Request for Tenzin Sungrab to continue his works in Shar Gaden.

I am posting this on my own without any communications with TS. TS , I hope you don't mind.

This thread is only for amounts you wish to pledge to Tenzin Sungrab's continued works at Shar Gaden Monastery.

If you have any comments, questions, prayers for TS, please post on: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=688.135

I have many financial commitments towards other dharma projects, but the amount TS is looking for is not beyond what we can do if we put our hands together. Let's give Dorje Shugden's cause some tangible help.

All those who cherish what Shar Gaden is doing and the courageous monks' necessity to learn English, please pledge any amount. Please let TS know directly, send directly to him, and kindly also post here your pledged amount so we know when we have reached our blessed goal. May I suggest we raise US$1,500 for TS please. Thank you.

I will start the ball rolling by pledging US$500.oo. I dedicate this to flourishing of the practice of Tsongkapa and Dorje Shugden.

Humbly,

TK

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:42:59 AM by tk »

thaimonk

Re: Tenzin Sungrab-Shar Gaden- My appeal
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 12:40:57 AM »
I pledge USD50

THAIMONK

kurava

• Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 02:18:43 AM »
 I pledge USD100.
Thank you for your time and love given to the sangha at Shar Gaden. Do continue with the good work !

pgdharma

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 02:58:06 AM »
Dear TS

I would like to pledge US100.  Please keep up the good work!!!

thaimonk

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 03:39:32 AM »

I called my friend, and he wants to donate US$50 also. He says he has heavy personal commitments, but for Dorje Shugden's Monastery he can take out US$50 to contribute.  :) :) :)

lightning

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 06:03:14 AM »
I rejoiced for your cause to help Dharma flourish :D

thaimonk

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 10:45:25 AM »

Another friend has pledged US$25.oo to TS's works. I will continue to speak to friends. I will continue to raise funds. No offence to anyone, we shouldn't just talk but do actions even if the person does not belong to our personal organizations but we belong to the same cause-Dorje Shugden. Help because we care. I am sure some of us are supporting our own organizations, but we should squeeze out some to help.  :D

hope rainbow

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 02:17:01 PM »
It would be my privilege to help,
I believe that Tenzin Sungrab is sincere and that by helping him financially he can continue his work that will benefit many.
I would like to donate 500 Euros.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 03:36:59 PM »
It would be my privilege to help,
I believe that Tenzin Sungrab is sincere and that by helping him financially he can continue his work that will benefit many.
I would like to donate 500 Euros.

That is so beautiful. I rejoice in your action dharma whoever you are.

TK

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 04:14:19 PM »
Hello friends,

I am a bit overwhelmed as I read this page. This is beautiful. All of the people who have pleadged support are people that I do not know outside of this forum. This in itself is amazing and demonstrates how we can pull together when there is a need.

I am completely overjoyed that I will now have another opportunity to come back here to Shar Gaden to help these dear monks. This is such great news and I can't wait to tell the monks that I will definately be back here soon.

The pricipal will be happy too I am sure. He has put a lot of effort into helping me start some of the educational programs like the pen-pal club and the Sunday conversation gathering in the prayer hall.

These monks are the future lineage holders of our precious lineage and every tool that we can provide them will make it easier for them to help more people.

Thank you again.

T.S.

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 05:07:12 PM »
Dear TS, I would like to pledge USD 500 to your cause. You set the example to many people on how to best use you life to create most value. I am privileged to have this opportunity to contribute.

Dear tk, thank you for putting this thread up and bringing our attention to this opportunity to benefit others through the work of TS.

triesa

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »
Yes, lets put Dharma in action. I would like to humbly contribute US50.

Keep up the good work T.S.

Thank you again TK for sharing and letting all of us have the opportunity here to collect merits.

Triesa.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 06:09:15 PM »
My dear Tenzin Sungrab,

You are doing what i am currently unable to do. I.e. take time out to do Dharma fully. The very least I can do is to contribute some funds to your very worthy work. I pledge  £50.

TK - thanks so much for starting this thread and the ball rolling.

love
Kate
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DSFriend

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 06:24:37 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab

Thank you for giving your time and talent to the monks in Shar Gaden. I wish I could take off for a couple of months..but it's not possible at this time. I rejoice very much for you and wish you well. I would like to humbly pledge $50 to your work.

best wishes
DSFriend
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:27:49 PM by DSFriend »

Helena

• Email
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 06:33:05 PM »
This is really lovely. We all get to contribute and do something positive. I'd like to chip in USD50.00

Keep up the good work, TS!

Thank you, TK, for initiating this pledge for everyone to get involved.
Helena