Author Topic: Oxford demo now at 9 am UK time  (Read 6469 times)

Demian

• Email
Oxford demo now at 9 am UK time
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:19:14 AM »
Hi, the protesters are right at the door where the Dalai Lama is arriving and he is received by the WSS multitude.

Atishas cook

Re: Oxford demo now at 9 am UK time
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 10:29:30 AM »
my friend just telephoned me from the demonstration, (which sadly i'm unable to attend):

i said: "Hello...?"
and i heard the thunder of a thousand wrathful Bodhisattva voices: "DALAI LAMA!!   STOP LYING!!!!!   DALAI LAMA!!   STOP LYING!!!!!!   DALAI LAMA!!  STOP LYING!!!!!!!!"

i prostrate to this great assembly of true Bodhisattvas - hearing their passion made me cry!

the truth WILL out, Dalai Lama.  you cannot hide for much longer behind your acting and lies.  what on earth are you thinking?  just as Lord Buddha overcame Devaputra Mara through love, so the Great King, Duldzin Dorje Shugden will NEVER allow you to destroy the holy Dharma!

May the glorious tradition of Je Tsongkhapa - and all pure Dharma lineages - flourish throughout the world for evermore.  This is our heart commitment.  Now is the time!

Demian

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 10:55:54 AM »
I heard the congregation inside could hear very loudly the continous chanting of slogans... while the Dalai lama talks.

Atishas cook

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 12:19:02 PM »
just had another call - they're on their way home from the demonstration.

on arriving, the Dalai Lama had to get out of his car to go into the Sheldonian right in front of the demonstration, just across the - fairly narrow - street, to a deafening roar of "STOP LYING!! STOP LYING!! STOP LYING!!"

on the way out, they let him get into his car inside the courtyard, but he still had to drive right by the demonstrators.

i think he heard them.  and of course, so did everybody else, including the media...

the world is starting to wake up.

Atishas cook

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 02:56:09 PM »
currently on the frontpage of Oxford Times website: http://www.theoxfordtimes.net/

direct link here (in case it moves): http://www.theoxfordtimes.net/news/audio/video/index.var.31887.0.0.php

my friend just told me that the police were especially impressed, saying: "I wish all protesters could be like you!"  they were also pleasantly surprised and a little bit embarassed to be thanked and cheered at the end!

so Dharamsala says that Dorje Shugden practitioners are devil-worshippers, angry, and non-Buddhist fanatics?  people trust what they see, and they can see that the truth is very different.  these people are sincere practitioners of Buddhadharma, setting a pure example - once again, i prostrate to them.

the message is getting louder.

jeff Ryan

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 04:03:06 PM »
Such wonderful news!!!! I applaud you all. I can't wait for Wisconsin and Philly and participate myself!!!

emptymountains

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 04:10:07 PM »
When are they?

jeff Ryan

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 04:56:39 PM »
2nd and 3rd weeks of July respectively. I don't have exact dates.

cheyenne

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 05:44:28 PM »
I just got back from Oxford – wow – incredible.

The Dalai Lama was driven to a point almost amidst the whole of the demonstration (although behind barriers) he was almost within touching distance.

The noise of the chanting was tremendous, amplified by the enclosed space and high buildings.  He waved at the demonstrations who were chanting ‘Liar Liar’ and it is the first time that I have seen him look concerned.

There was a lot of interest and photo taking by the public and also by those attending the Dalai Lamas teaching.

The huge noise of the chanting, loud, but without any anger - just good natured, continued right up to the departure of the Dalai Lama - this time driven out from within a courtyard but still past the huge din of the protesters chanting.

His car past by me on both occasions, arriving and departing, and was so very close I could look into his eyes.

A tremendous day.

Incidentally I just found this (below)

http://blog.markcnewton.com/2008/05/26/dalai-lama-vs-religious-freedom-2/

Cheyenne

Orange

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 10:16:24 PM »
that's a great find, thanks for sharing!

Atishas cook

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 11:21:51 PM »
Small | Large

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 03:29:48 PM »
As far back as 30 May 2008, demonstrations have been happening by the Dorje Shugden devotees for the Dalai Lama to lift the Ban.

Same is ongoing todate in 2015 and the message is same and clear for the Dalai Lama to stop lying.

Any group who is so consistent is surely real in what they are doing and no falsity.  Great virtue of the Shugdenpas.