Author Topic: Trijang Rinpoche's great qualities  (Read 5350 times)

hope rainbow

Trijang Rinpoche's great qualities
« on: August 07, 2011, 07:34:13 AM »
I know there has been topics on Trijang Rinpoche on this forum before, but I think we can never emphasize again and again how pivotal the role of this enlightened master has been for the flourishing of the Gelug teachings AND the practice of Dorje Shugden.

Just recently I heard Samdhong Rinpoche talking about his guru, Trijang Rinpoche, who asked him to serve The 14th Dalai Lama as a disciple would serve his guru. And it is out of sincere and pure guru devotion that Samdhong Rinpoche headed the TGIE and applied the ban on Dorje Shugden.
Check it out here: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/index.php?s=samdhong+rinpoche

Upon researching more, we find that Trijang Rinpoche's skillful actions have impacts today still on all genuine spiritual seekers.
Trijang Rinpoche was a student of Pabongka Rinpoche (who had many disciples), but Trijang Rinpoche was the only one capable of receiving and passing on the entirety of the Oral Ganden Tradition.
Ninety percent of the great lamas trough out the world teaching and disseminating dharma are either direct disciples of  Trijang Rinpoche or his students.
Trijang Rinpoche is the lineage guru for many practices, more too numerous to mention here.

So, the purpose of this topic is not to repeat Trijang Rinpoche's biography that we can find here:
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=478
and here:
http://dorjeshugden.com/articles/KyabjeTrijangDorjeChang.pdf
and here:
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=8415
and here also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trijang_Rinpoche

This is not about repeating, but it is a place where I would like to invite everyone to write down one or more qualities of Trijang Rinpoche that you personally find truly remarkable or exceptional, or insipring, or a quality, or an action, that has touched you when you read the biography of this great master.

This is my post on Trijang Rinpoche's qualities:

One thing that I remember from Trijang Rinpoche's life story is when Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche is admitted at the Tantric College session at Kyormolung, at the age of 20 (in 1921).
It is a tradition for tulkus that enter the college to remain as ordinary monks for three days and, after having made specific offerings, they are excused from assemblies and so forth.
Trijang Rinpoche, however, for a full year attended every assembly and teaching no other than any other, showing humility and example. It is a small example within many other but I personally find it remarkable and insipring.

Please share with us the quality that touched you personally.
Thanks and cheers!

DharmaSpace

Re: Trijang Rinpoche's great qualities
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 11:45:51 AM »
Reading the namtar of Trijang Rinpoche one can tell he spent every waking minute of his time benefitting others.

The later part of his life he spent , teaching , giving initiations, mediating at times, doing rituals, consecration and etc.  One does feel that the fact such great beings exist shows us that Bodhicitta is definitely achievable in a human form.

diamond girl

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 03:53:28 PM »
Reading all about Trijang Rinpoche always opens my mind and keeps me in awe of how amazing a Man can be. He has such amazing altruistic attributes which makes him truly a Buddha. Without Trijang Rinpoche I can strongly say that the Dharma, the teachings of Buddha would not be what it is today.

His dedication and endurance are beyond any man I have ever seen. His successes and challenges make all the complainers of the world really insipid and redundant. Through all health conditions, he never gave up and just kept going, all the time benefiting others.

In addition, when I read about how many great masters studied under Trijang Rinpoche like HH  14th Dalai Lama, Zong Rinpoche, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, etc. I can only say with true admiration that H. H. Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche was a leader of leaders.

triesa

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 06:28:54 AM »
Thank you HopeRainbow for opening this thread and let us re-visit the true qualities of a highly regarded and repsected lama like Trijang Rinpoche.

In his biography, what strikes out most to me is that he never spoke publicly on the controversial ban on DS & instructed his students to keep faith in both the Dalai Lama and DS.

Even to hear this and read about this make me contemplate the  undeniable qualities of Trijang Rinpoche. It really aspires me to make my ulmost to practise dharma. To control one's speech and to control our deluded minds. Very profound indeed....

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 12:06:26 PM »
It is so amazing to read about Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche as his contribution to the survival of the Gaden Tradition is beyond a doubt. Everything, from the perpetuation of Dorje Shugden's practice to the Lamrim is surviving and thriving now due to the kindness and blessings of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche.

There's almost no Gelug Lamas who have not received teachings, initiations and blessings directly or indirectly from Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. We are especially indebted to Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche for tutoring His Holiness the Dalai Lama so well that he is such worldwide established leader of Buddhism, recognizable the world over. Not only a tutor, he was the confidant and advisor to His Holiness on numerous occasions pertaining to matters of state and personal affairs.

We are indeed fortunate that although he has chosen to leave his mortal body but he has chosen to take rebirth and is amongst us. He has manifested many amazing signs of tremendous potential. Although he is in semi-reclusion in America and has chosen the unconventional lay life, but he show great promise by never swearing against Dorje Shugden. Even the Dalai Lama has given unprecedented permission for him to practice Dorje Shugden. Youthful and full of determination, this young incarnate Lama seems to be awaiting for the right time to manifest.

Tenzin K

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:48:25 AM »
Personally after reading about Trijang Rinpoche, of course beside Trijang Rinpoche greatest achievement of editing the Lamrim which benefited a lot of or I would said all most all the Tibetan Buddhist partitioners, is his great work of spreading the dharma directly or indirectly to the west.

The spreading of the Dharma due to his teaching when he personally visited the country like German, England, Switzerland, France and etc. and also by his closed  students who Trijang Rinpoche encourages them so much like Lama Yeshe, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Geshe Rabten, Zong Rinpoche and so many more.

This definitely a great opportunity in Western country for people to learn one of the greatest spiritual path that will suit their mind and environment. Tantric teaching and initiation were also given and now we also can see there are so many Tibetan Buddhist centers in western country that are so successful.

Truly remarkable.