Author Topic: Free to download & share, Modern Buddhism by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso  (Read 10460 times)

DharmaSpace

Re: Free to download & share, Modern Buddhism by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 11:31:13 PM »
Yes Geshe Kelsang Gyatso was one of the first few lamas who challenged the ban on Dorje Shugden face on, I must admire his courage. Bringing to bear all his centres around the world to create awareness about the ban and so forth. I may not agree with some of the methods employed, but he definitely made an impact in getting out information as to what are the effects of the ban and how it affects the monks and lay people who previously engaged in dorje shudgen.

May NKT carry on supporting Shar Gaden and Serpom monasteries for the preservation of the Gelug tradition in whatever the monasteries require for sustenance and  expansion.

dondrup

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 03:17:42 PM »
Hello friends. I just wanted to let you know that Geshe-la is giving this book as a present to everyone.

It's a beautiful amazing book distilling all of his teaching and advice into incredibly clear, succinct advise which is 100% practice oriented. From page one you know exactly what to practice, how and why. I use it as a daily meditation book - working through it section by section with contemplation and meditation every day. I find it really alive with blessings and urgent with instilling in me a strong desire to practice, understand and realise!

I really can't praise the book highly enough. It even includes essential Sadhanas in vol 3, like Quick path, 21 Tara etc. I'm so moved by this gift - I hope many other people will also enjoy it, in the deepest sense of that word :-D.

Thank you Geshe-la!

www.emodernbuddhism.com

Thanks for sharing this link, Robert.

I am a big fan of Geshe-la.  Geshe-la has made Dharma so accessible to modern people. No words can describe Geshe Kelsang Gyatso's contribution to the spread of Dharma especially the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa and Lord Dorje Shugden.

Thank You Geshe-la.  Please live long and continue to turn the Wheel of Dharma.

gohdi

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 01:33:26 PM »
The ebook contains even more Sadhanas than the printed version :-) How cool is this?
Regards
Gohdi

Big Uncle

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 04:03:17 AM »
Any Lama who spreads the Dharma in such a capacity as Geshe Kelsang Gyatso deserves anybody's respect. This is regardless of whether we agree with some of his methods or not. If we were to criticize Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, we are like saying we can do a better job than him.

I am really amazed at his amazing books, that brings the dusty ancient teachings of the Great Classics into the light of modern simple English. The amazing great teachings of the Pandits of India and Tibet are suddenly accessible and available for countless people to read and study its deep meaning. I have not known of any other great teacher who has performed such an amazing feat thus far.

I am also amazed that his organization is all over the world and has brought the Gaden tradition and spread Dorje Shugden to over a thousand great centers all over the world. I am sure this Lama wouldn't stop finding new ways to spread the Buddhadharma and the Internet is just a wonderful avenue for the great Lamas, especially the younger ones.