Author Topic: DALAI LAMA, PLEASE STOP LYING!!!! (NEW TELEVISION FOOTAGE)  (Read 15710 times)

theloneranger

VIDEO FOOTAGE FROM BBC EAST MIDS AND BBC NOTTINGHAM REPORT:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7422121.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/7421888.stm

Protest at Dalai Lama prayer ban 

Buddhists protested against the ban on a prayer by the Dalai Lama
Buddhists have held protests in Nottingham against the Dalai Lama's banning of a prayer.

The protesters, including monks and nuns, said the ban on the prayer worshipping the spirit of Dorje Shugden was "unjust".

In a BBC interview, the Dalai Lama said he had not advocated a ban, but he had stopped the worship of the spirit because it was not Buddhist in nature.

The protesters said they wanted to discuss the issue with the Dalai Lama.

Kelsang Perma, a Buddhist nun, said: "We are here because we have been trying to petition the Dalai Lama.

"It is a simple prayer that encourages people to develop pure minds of love, peace and compassion."

The exiled Tibetan leader said people were free to protest and it was up to individuals to decide.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 04:57:18 PM by theloneranger »

Heartspoon

Re: DALAI LAMA, PLEASE STOP LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 04:56:19 PM »
The BBC should ask HH the 14th Dalai Lama what is the meaning of this:

Select Addresses of His Holiness the Dalai Lama on the Issue of Propitiating Protector Deities, Sherig Parkhang, Dharamsala, July 10, 1996, p. 175; and "In this way came the reasons, on account of which I have issued the ban (Tibetan: dam.bsgrags) in recent times."

Heartspoon

Re: DALAI LAMA, PLEASE STOP LYING!!!! (NEW TELEVISION FOOTAGE)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 04:59:25 PM »

On May 8th, 1996 in a public address in Dharamsala (on video tape), the Dalai Lama says, "It has been twenty years since I first mentioned the Dorje Shugden public restriction (ngas dam.bsdrags byed..pa.yin). Also, in an address on May 5, 1996, the Dalai Lama say, "It may have been about ten years ago. While giving a lam.rim teaching at Drepung, I once gave my reasons for issuing the ban."

theloneranger

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 05:11:05 PM »
ACTUALLY IT IS GOOD THAT HE KEEPS ON LIEING ON CAMERA, AS SOONER OR LATER THE PRESS WILL CATCH UP WITH HIS MANY CONTRADICTIONS AND LIES!!! THIS IS JUST MORE EVIDENCE TO USE AGAINST HIS CAMPAIGN OF PERSECUTION AGAINST THE INNOCENT!

Like Space

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 06:59:03 PM »
Hi there everybody!
Just thought you'd want to know (but you may have already noticed)...
This website is given as the 'Dorje Shugden' link to the BBC news story on their website!
 :) :) :) :) :) :)
Keep up the good work, everyone!
LS

theloneranger

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 07:55:12 PM »
more television footage on itv-central news.

http://www.itvlocal.com/central/news/

theloneranger

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 09:52:12 PM »
thats a shame, the bbc edited the first tv report on there website, where the dalai lama looked in the camera and told the interviewer 'there was no ban'! I don't trust the bbc or the big american tv stations at all, seems to me they have vested interests! They are going to be a hard nut to crack. They are pro-Dalai Lama!

a friend

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 10:59:10 PM »
That's why we keep saying, those who find things, please download them and keep them in your computers.

a friend

TO LIKE SPACE
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 12:17:46 AM »
Dear Like space, beautiful name:

could you please give us the url for that? I looked in the BBC website and couldn't find it. Thanks

a friend

BEGGAR WE SHOULD START OUR SCRAP BOOK OF CLIPS, COULD YOU START A FIXED SECTION PLEASE?

I found an old one from
the Internationalist:

Disastrous policy
The ‘Update’ on the Dalai Lama’s ban of Dorje Shugden (NI 305) showed clearly the suffering that this is causing both exiled Tibetans and Western Buddhists.

The Tibetan government-in-exile is in a period of crisis and transition. Its policy of seeking ‘limited autonomy’ within China is deeply unpopular with Tibetans and it needs to create a popular consensus to deflect growing criticisms of its lack of democracy. Since 1996 its ban on the practice of Dorje Shugden has enabled these issues to be submerged under a state-sponsored purge. Religious freedom has been severely curtailed by the exercise of undemocratic authority vested in the Dalai Lama as the ‘god-king’ of Tibet.

From a legal position the Dalai Lama is neither the political nor the religious leader of the Tibetans – how much longer can he continue to
justify this disastrous policy?

Dan Coote

a friend

To Loneranger, at least is in written form! THE INCREDIBLE LIE.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 04:00:33 AM »
Ranger,

I found what you lost in images, stated in written form in the BBC.
I gather that Pema must be very tired; she sounds very tired. Now it looks like we have been forbidden to recite ..... a prayer? And nothing is said about the religious persecution. Poor guys, they obviously are exhausted. Anyway, here the BBC.

Buddhists have held protests in Nottingham against the Dalai Lama's banning of a prayer.

The protesters, including monks and nuns, said the ban on the prayer worshipping the spirit of Dorje Shugden was "unjust".

In a BBC interview, the Dalai Lama said he had not advocated a ban, but he had stopped the worship of the spirit because it was not Buddhist in nature.

The protesters said they wanted to discuss the issue with the Dalai Lama.

Kelsang Perma, a Buddhist nun, said: "We are here because we have been trying to petition the Dalai Lama.

"It is a simple prayer that encourages people to develop pure minds of love, peace and compassion."

The exiled Tibetan leader said people were free to protest and it was up to individuals to decide.

This is becoming caricaturesque.

Ewin

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 10:21:39 AM »
But that´s also the BBC, the nun Pema may have said more things but the BBC video what is best for them, which is always pro DL. But her reply about the prayer was good, because what the Dalai Lama is repeating now is that the practice or prayer of Dorje Shugden is not Buddhist (some journalist wrote un-Buddhist in nature). So it is a good reply to counteract that. She has emphasized the suffering and discrimination on other interviews.

rolang

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 10:34:05 AM »
Ranger says: I found what you lost in images, stated in written form in the BBC.
I gather that Pema must be very tired; she sounds very tired. Now it looks like we have been forbidden to recite ..... a prayer? And nothing is said about the religious persecution. Poor guys, they obviously are exhausted. Anyway, here the BBC.

Ranger, do not be so patronising. These people are working incredibly hard and you are just putting them down with your unskilful and unuseful critical remarks. Perhaps you can tell everybody what you are doing for this cause besides sitting at your sofa and being critical instead of rejoicing on the virtuous activities of others. Have you perpahs accomplished to publish anything on the DS issue on any media? Please reply and then we can have a better judgement.

I rejoice very much on of those who work so hard even if they accomplish a grain of sand to dismantle this awful situation than to be a coach potato putting them down. So please, save your pity for yourself and your club of coach potatoes. With much compassion too.

theloneranger

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 01:55:55 PM »
Ranger says: I found what you lost in images, stated in written form in the BBC.

Ranger, do not be so patronising. These people are working incredibly hard and you are just putting them down with your unskilful and unuseful critical remarks. Perhaps you can tell everybody what you are doing for this cause besides sitting at your sofa and being critical instead of rejoicing on the virtuous activities of others. Have you perpahs accomplished to publish anything on the DS issue on any media? Please reply and then we can have a better judgement.

I rejoice very much on of those who work so hard even if they accomplish a grain of sand to dismantle this awful situation than to be a coach potato putting them down. So please, save your pity for yourself and your club of coach potatoes. With much compassion too.

dear rolang

i think that you will find it is  'a friend' who quotes that not me. please read the posts with more due care and attention next time! Actually for your info rolang i was at the london demo last thursday! i think an apology would be forthcoming! what do you think? also i don't think 'a friend' was being patronizing at all, you just misunderstand her words!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:03:03 PM by theloneranger »

rolang

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 02:07:51 PM »
Sorry, Loneranger, I thought there was two, "Loneranger" and "Ranger". And I thought "Friend" was quoting "Ranger". i never though it could come from you because your posts are great!! A real friend!