Author Topic: WHY IS THIS WEBSITE AND THIS FORUM SO IMPORTANT?  (Read 8064 times)

hope rainbow

WHY IS THIS WEBSITE AND THIS FORUM SO IMPORTANT?
« on: February 16, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »
This forum has taught me so much about Dorje Shugden, but also it has shown me how compassionate and skillful are the enlightened minds that are operating in our realm of suffering.

How skillful of His Holiness to create a situation that is promoting the lamrim in many parts of the world through the appearance of a ban over a "spirit". His Holiness has turned an obstacle into an opportunity and accept to take the blame also, how humble, how skillful. RESPECT!

How Compassionate of Tulku Drakpa Gyaeltsen to take rebirth as a Dharma Protector, to accept to be murdered, and to go through so many hardship and difficulties, for me for you for ALL.
Life time after life time, Lord Dulzin, Panchen Sonam Drakpa, Tulku Drakpa Gyaeltsen, Dorje Shugden, Kangxi, and many more lifetimes before and after. RESPECT!
It is mind blowing!

These examples inspire me PROFONDLY!

I wish to generate such an awakened mind myself, participate to these enlightened actions and help the world, and save the world.
And I wish many more will come through this website and realize the same thing!

And I owe it to this website to learn more and more and more about so many lamas that have devoted their lives for the benefit of others and that are going through so much difficulties with no complains, that create new monasteries in the midst of a social apartheid over them, for the sake of all sentient beings, tirelessly working!

This is why it is so important: because it is a demonstration that holy lamas are more than nice people giving Dharma talks, they are enlightened beings in FULL SWING. This website shows this clearly for whom want to open their minds, see and believe.

So I want to say THANK YOU for all that are behind this website and that have made such a wonderful offering to the world! May more visit here and participate, I pray for this to happen.

If you have found this website IMPORTANT for you, please let people know why, let's show support for the enlightened activities of the Buddhas of our time - it is OUR opportunity of an eternity - it is a lightening in a dark sky, and voice it here, say it loud: ...

Positive Change

Re: WHY IS THIS WEBSITE AND THIS FORUM SO IMPORTANT?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 05:21:35 PM »
It is beyond remarkable how much time, how much effort, how much research, how much learning, how much, studying, how much dedication, how much compassion that has given life to this lotus in a murky pond of cyber space.

Thank you's are lame to be honest as we really are not thankful. If we were, we would be contributing, giving as much effort, time, research, learning, studying, dedication and compassion... and unfortunately like most things in our lives, we take a lot for granted. TAKE being the operative word here!

How we truly "pay forward" is to transform ourselves and contribute more, do more, act more to aid and help the team behind this truly incredible website/forum. I have yet to read everything on here and it would probably take me months to truly absorb all there is on here. Imagine what it took to CREATE this?

This is not only a tool to LEARN, it is a platform to SHARE, a voice to be HEARD and also a comforting EAR to those in NEED. Thank you HR for posting this and making us look deeper into ourselves... our selfish selves and I do hope the cage gets the rattling it truly needs in order for us to break FREE!

Gypsy

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 05:48:56 PM »
I totally agreed that this website has benefited many in one way or another. This website has been working tirelessly to promote the king Dorje Shugden and its practices. All the articles, videos, pictures and prayers for us to download can actually reach out more and what's amazing is that they even have online shop to let people from all over the world to get in touch with Dorje Shugden's precious holy item. 

With the constant updates on this website, we get to know all the latest news from all aspects. The sacrifices, loss, hardship and difficulties that ds practitioners including high lamas have been suffering, trigger and push us want to do more to contribute in the lift of the ban.

It's time to wake up everyone! Face your laziness, ignorance, desire, attachment, inertness, indifference, selfishness, self-cherishing mind that slow down the process of lifting the ban. Look at the devoted people working behind this website, they lead by example on how we who are not part of them should do something and make things happen already. If this group of people can do it, why not lazy us? Do not know how to do is not an excuse.

jeremyg

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 05:57:16 PM »
The amount of work that has gone into this website is incredible. The team that have put this website up are incredible and from what I can see they work very hard to get new, current information up. Constantly modifying the website so that it is better, more informative, simple to use etc. It is just incredible.

From reading the articles, the forum posts, I have learnt so much in so little time, because all the information is right there in front of me. The forum is even better because it allows us to interact and debate with one another. What a great way to learn! People should make use of this, and we should even show our friends, as they can learn as well.

Let's use this as a learning platform, lets make use of it, lets give it traffic and support the great team who put this up. Lets work towards lifting the ban. Lets raise awareness of the issue by increasing the traffic on this site. Lets put the thousands of Shugden monks out of their misery by letting them know that there is hope, and there are people supporting them.

negra orquida

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 02:11:33 PM »
I enjoy going on this forum, it is a great place to see different points of view, to share what we found out, to rejoice other's triumphs, to share the grief of others...

It is an effective means to counter the leaky-pot-syndrome =p

No amount of "thank you's" to the people behind this forum can substitute real contribution to this forum with comments and research findings of substance. Let's start seriously value adding to this forum, if we want it to become the authoritative forum and website on DS. We start by learning more NOW.

Tenzin K

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 03:25:57 PM »
I'm truly grateful with dorjeshugden.com. It is so informative. From the history, prayer, bio of great master, interaction until the latest news/info are all here.

The people behind this great website are so compassionate and caring. You all are so devoted and put the teaching into practice. The work and the result shown it.

Why I say so?

The priority if to bring the unbiased info to the devoted partitioners of Lord Shugden. It's merely religious and nothing political. The coverage of the info in this website is so WIDE.
Everyday we will see new article and information. The website is just keep on evolve. 
Even a new practitioners are able to start up with this website.

Everything make so convenient.
The shop was so magnificent, make opportunity for people to be able to own the holy items of Lord Shugden so affordable.

This is definitely a great platform for learning and for us to contribute to spread the practice for Lord Shugden.

Now words I'm able to show my gratitude but all of the people that make this website so successful will be in my prayer and I'll promote this website to all the people that I know.

Pls continue the good work and there are more people will for sure benefitted from here.

Thank you very much.

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »
Thank you Hope Rainbow for this thread. Your reminder is a timely wake up call. It prompted me to share this website with a friend this evening. We went through a few treads and read the related comments.

The comprehensiveness of this forum and the constructive debate between all the forum posters took her breath away completely. She said that she will be visiting more and will learn up to post because not only will she learn about this great Buddha - Dorje Shugden - she believes that she will also develop deeper dharma understanding, its intricacies and sharpen her debate skills!

May more of us share this precious forum with more friends. One friends at a time.

I look forward to welcoming Luna to our little community!

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 05:06:10 PM »
This Website is important as the primary source of facts and truth about Dorje Shugden. From the beginning this site has been the most consistent challenger to all the twisted lies that have been told about a great Buddha. If it were not for this site, I, like many, would have a hard time accessing balanced information and facts to allow me to discern for myself the reality behind the "Shugden Controversy". The Website  and especially the Forum is really one great Tutorial Room and I have learned much from here.

More importantly this Forum also provides a real powerful voice that speaks on behalf of the old and gentle Shugden practitioners-monks who have long been oppressed in silence. In spreading the truth about Dorje Shugden on the internet and providing crucial facts about the Buddha, it has brought considerable pressure on the CTA to lift its ban on the practice of Dorje Shugden.

Dorjeshugden.com is the most reliable and consistent source of the practice of this great Buddha, Dorje Shugden.

beggar

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 07:18:22 AM »
Apart from what has already been mentioned, I would like to draw your attention to some other very far reaching benefits that this website and forum have:

1. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER:
You read, you learn, you become more familiar with the subjects of both Dorje shugden in particular and Dharma in general. Then, you become a walking forum yourself which is able to answer questions, interact with people, share knowledge. This is how Dharma and the practices and lineage spread on a daily level.

2. JOIN THE PETITIONING EFFORTS:
You will have noticed that the forum and website have been very active in sending out letters to people in positions of power to lobby for change and to inspire the lifting of the ban. Be a part of this - if you don't know how to do it yourself, take the letters that have already been so thoughtfully penned by the people here and reshare them with groups and communities that you may know. Lobby Tibetan-related, Buddhist, human rights or NGO groups in your area and country to support this call for the lifting of ban and justice for Dorje Shugden practitioners.  Help to keep the effort and energy going. Find more people and addresses to share with the website so they can also send their letters to these people.

3. SOLIDARITY:
I have been told by the website administrators and friends that they have received direct confirmation and messages from many DS high Lamas and practitioners expressing how much they appreciate this website. They are reading and browsing this website on a regular basis. They may not be able to read English but just by seeing the photos and videos and what we are doing here, they know what we are doing and find strength and support in that.

More than that, it is almost certain that the CTA are also reading this to see what "subversive" yet powerful activity is going on here.... They must be "happy" to know that there is so much conversation about them on this single space (haha okay, i am being ironic). Where else would they get this much "recognition" and attention!!!!! haha! On a serious note, they are seeing the discussion going on (HELLO CTA! You're reading this aren't you?!), what the world really thinks of them and how the arguments for the ban are just totally embarrassing to them, illogical and backwards. For a government trying to make their voices heard in the world, it would be good for them to keep listening to what is being said about them around the world first... So keep the discussion going.

4. JOIN THE CONVERSATION:
It is great to see that so many more people are coming onto the forum now. A BIG (and maybe a little overdue) WELCOME TO ALL OF YOU FROM THE OLDIES OF THE FORUM! haha! I'm very happy to see interaction and more thoughts coming from around the world. Please don't feel that you are only talking among yourselves or only among the people here. There are many others who may not log in or post but are reading. This forum is providing education, insights, perspectives and support for countless others. The website views has hit almost 600,000 now in just a few years. Much as we have grand and inflated opinions of ourselves (!!) it cannot be just the few of us on the forum who are creating the 600,000 views!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 03:33:36 PM »
This website and forum is very important, as proof that Dorje Shugden is not as bad as they think it is. Nobody among us is being killed or being harmed, unlike what some people would like to believe. That alone is a very powerful tool. And this website provides knowledge to people who do not know due to the suppression of information on Dorje Shugden and that dispels a lot of doubts.

It also gives us news on how Dorje Shugden practitioners around the world is doing.

It also provides a lot of historical facts that has been conveniently ignored by everyone else because they want to align themselves to the Dalai Lama.

More importantly, this place provides an avenue for us to talk and share about our experiences and to provide support to fellow practitioners to need it. The community is very important to help some of us keep going. It also allows us a chance to repay the protector's kindness by giving everyone here the support that he has showed us.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 07:38:16 AM »
The fastest mode of communication in this day and age is the electronic age a person in Canada or US can read about Dorje Shugden on this website. And the fact this website can produce graphic novels, pendants, have an active Dorje Shugden forum, videos letters, brochures and so forth there are many dedicated people behind this 'face' dorje shugden.com. Oh my they rival the big advertising agencies of the world in their creativity!

I do believe this website is authoritative and does share information about Dorje Shugden, they also have links to the dorje Shugden monasteries and here on the forums we discuss about everything, you have your point of view , we have ours and we can agree to disagree.  How great is that. And dorjeshugden.com comes up with very new and innovative articles too. So can;t wait for the next big thing to hit the Dorje Shugden scene! 

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 08:27:07 AM »
The fastest mode of communication in this day and age is the electronic age a person in Canada or US can read about Dorje Shugden on this website. And the fact this website can produce graphic novels, pendants, have an active Dorje Shugden forum, videos letters, brochures and so forth there are many dedicated people behind this 'face' dorje shugden.com. Oh my they rival the big advertising agencies of the world in their creativity!

I do believe this website is authoritative and does share information about Dorje Shugden, they also have links to the dorje Shugden monasteries and here on the forums we discuss about everything, you have your point of view , we have ours and we can agree to disagree.  How great is that. And dorjeshugden.com comes up with very new and innovative articles too. So can;t wait for the next big thing to hit the Dorje Shugden scene!

This website IS authoritative. It contains all the information on Dorje Shugden in a non-biased and non political way. It provides all the resources any Dorje Shugden practitioner needs to start their practice or for non practitioners to clear their doubts and also to shed light on Dorje Shugden in a non political way. People who are disturbed with the political overtones can come here and learn without any bias.

Nowhere online contains as much resources on Dorje Shugden on this website, and this will be invaluable to anyone who wishes to know the truth behind Dorje Shugden.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 02:42:06 PM »
Within such a short few years, this website and forum has managed to garner more than 500K viewers and readers. This is huge and it will grow even bigger.

The only reason for the growth of this site is because of the extensive information it provides for people, not oly about the ban, also very useful information about high lamas, lineage gurus, monasteries and current affair which is happenning around the Buddhist world. This website provides a wealth of information to the readers and that's why the readers comes back again and again.

The forum provides a platform of healthy discussion among it's members to debate, share and discuss on pressing issues and current affairs. It is interactive and that is the attraction.

There are evidence where the mother of the current Domo Rinpoche finally decided to allow her son to enter the monastery to continue his monastic studies and manifest fully his potential just like his predecessors. All this is possible is because of this website. And the Buddhist world rejoice!

And the very reason the CTA has brought down some of their pages on Dorje Shugden in their site is because this site has indirectly pressured them to back down on the force we have created over the years. And the force is getting bigger and bigger.

We have to thank this site for all their hardwork in the lifting of the ban sooner!!!!! Rejoice!!!

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 05:43:14 PM »
Wow, this is a wonderful website and so many information that blows my mind away! So thankful to my friend who introduced me to this website and I wish I could have found it earlier.

I can't imagine how much effort was contributed to have this powerful website to benefit the people who believe our Protector. We are so lucky! I am so lucky!

I  rejoice and  can't wait to read all these articles! Very excited!  ;D

dsdisciple

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 09:45:14 AM »
Why DS.COM wins hands down.

1. We get to experience religious freedom in cyberspace...zero ban - maximum DS.
2. We can increase our collective knowledge as DS practitioners.
3. We can organise / collectively and share news! in real time...even better.
4. Better than school...Forum / Articles / Readings / videos / Pictures and so much more...
5. DS information at our fingertips 24/7 what more could you want for...
6. DS Lama Biographies...allowing us to connect with our spiritual guides...practise guru devotion.
7. Awaken the collective merit in us all to contribute / do more where we are...Bring Ban down faster.
8. DS.COM you are... a priceless DS resource that gets better and better everytime you log on...

Thank you again  :D

xo