Author Topic: NEW BOOK BY JE PABONKHA  (Read 4717 times)

psylotripitaka

NEW BOOK BY JE PABONKHA
« on: July 18, 2014, 07:04:57 AM »
Here's the final translation in the series by Lotsawa (Lobsang Tsering) David Gonsalez. It is Je Pabonkha's oral commentary to the Je Tsongkhapa's Middling Length Lamrim, in the style of Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand. Enjoy!

http://dechenlingpress.org/product/essence-vast-profound/

dondrup

Re: NEW BOOK BY JE PABONKHA
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 02:46:32 PM »
Thanks psylotripitaka for highlighting the publication of this book.  It is a definite Wishfulfilling Jewel for many practitioners!  What a great contribution lotsawa Lobsang Tsering (David Gonsalez) has made to the glorious Lama Tsongkhapa Lineage.  Can't wait to get hold of a copy of this precious commentary! Below is the product description of this book taken from the publisher Dechen Ling Press website.

Pabongkha Rinpoche’s masterpiece The Essence of the Vast and Profound is one of the great “undiscovered” classics that is now being revealed to English-speaking audience for the first time ever. This awe-inspiring text is a commentary on Lama Tsongkhapa’s Middle-Length Exposition on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment that will soon find its place as another one of the greatest lamrim commentaries ever given. Given over the course of thirty-six days in 1934 in Tibet’s capitol city of Lhasa with over a thousand in attendance, The Essence of the Vast and Profound covers the entire spectrum of the Buddhist path. Pabongkha Rinpoche masterfully weaves together The Middle-Length Exposition on the Stage of the Path to Enlightenment, the Second Panchen Lama’s Swift Path, and the Third Dalai Lama’s Essence of Refined Gold into a breathtaking discourse that not only informs, but inspires the reader to follow the path to enlightenment and reach the supreme state of buddhahood for the welfare of all living beings.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 03:03:14 PM »
Aren't we blessed to be able to gain access to this precious translated work of The Essence of the Vast and Profound in English by Lobsang Tsering? Thank you, @Psylotripitaka for sharing the link with us here. Sharing is giving and generosity.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 03:17:40 PM »
Thanks for the link, psylotripitaka.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 12:56:22 AM »
You're welcome.

It is an honor and joy to be able to even share it and to witness the completion of his life work. I have had the privilege to know this great Yogi Lotsawa Heruka Lobsang Tsering and to watch the process of his spiritual life unfold. His extensive delight in studying holy Dharma, his unstoppable un-degenerating effort in maintaining his extensive daily practice regardless of his intense responsibilities and battle with health, his extensive study and mastery of Tibetan, his deep faith in all of his Lamas, his unbelievable translation schedule and how many books and pechas and notes and dictionaries and dialogues with other translators & his Tibetan language teacher & Lamas - (sometimes weeks just to clarify the accurate meaning of one phrase!), his teachings and initiations despite weakness from medication, his connections and recognition by very special Lamas, his constant auspicious dreams and signs, his commitment to completing an unbelievable number of perfectly qualified retreats per Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings in the Ngarim Chenmo, his knowledge and execution of fully qualified fire pujas, his graceful devotion to bodhichitta, and his determination to become ordained and complete his life work for everyone's benefit. While doing so much, he found time to grant me the word for word reading transmission and oral transmission of Trijang Dorjechang's Heruka body mandala commentary (available as The Ecstatic Dance of Chakrasamvara) that he received from Heruka Lobsang Choepel who received it from Heruka Losang Yeshe Trijang Rinpoche. If I were to give you all the details about this Lamas life, his daily schedule, and then you were to even just look at how big Trijang Rinpoche's book is, you would be absolutely flabbergasted at how he found time to read every word of this to me. Such kindness! He has worked so hard and due to his failing health I distanced myself from him the past year and a half so as not to be an obstacle to him completing his life work. Everybody sees the pretty extensive list of translated works on the website, but I want to convey how amazing this Lotsawa is - along with what I've said and what you see on the website, he has translated a huge amount of other stuff that just by knowing he has done all this you just shake your head with an open mouth completely dumbfounded! I am so delighted to see that he was able to complete these projects and that so many can benefit from these. Through the merit I have accumulated from rejoicing ripen as perfectly pure realizations of lamrim, lojong, and vajrayana mahamudra in every single living being, my wonderful spiritual family!

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 03:32:15 AM »
Awesome. I didn't even know that this commentary and discourse existed and on the Liberation style. Awesome. Kudos to David Gonsalez. You have vast merits as is a true son of the Buddhas. Can't wait to get my hand on this book.

"This awe-inspiring text is a commentary on Lama Tsongkhapa’s Middle-Length Exposition on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment."

I pray to contemplate and realise the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa via this discourse to benefit all sentient beings.

RedLantern

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »

We are indeed fortunate! Without  Pabongka Rinpoche's holding all the important lineage of sutra and tantra and passing them on to most of the Gelug lamas of the next 2 generations,many would not even have the benefit of learning the Dharma we have today.

Rihanna

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 03:30:10 PM »
How fortunate that during this degenerate age, we still have the merits to read the teachings in our language by the legendary teacher Pabongka Rinpoche, one of the greatest Lamas of the 20th century. Just thought I'd share the photo of Pabongka Rinpoche's previous and current incarnation.

fruven

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 08:23:20 PM »
Thank you so much for pointing out the new translation of the oral teaching of Pabongka Rinpoche. We are really fortunate to able to access his teachings in English in this degenerate age. This is a must get for anyone who is serious Dharma practitioners.

Please read Lobsang Tsering's blog. http://dechenlingpress.org/blog/
He has been ill from stage 4 liver cancer, in treatment, and at the same many hours a day doing translation work. In between he has done a Lama Tsongkhapa retreat upon his guru's advice and recover his health partially.

grandmapele

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 06:41:33 AM »
Thank for sharing this piece of information. It is indeed heartening to know that in these times, Je Pabonkha's book still get translated into the English language. This will enable more people to read more of Je Pabonkha's works in a familiar language then in Tibetan which, at most times, is not their Mother tongue.

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 06:55:31 AM »
Indeed a great sharing of the new book by Je Pabonkha.
Thank you to those who made it possible for it to be translated into English so that everyone will be benefited and be bless and gain more knowledge from it.
Such long hours put into this work. We are really so fortunate to even have the chance to read it.