Author Topic: Who wrote this Sang Offerings?  (Read 3261 times)

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Who wrote this Sang Offerings?
« on: August 25, 2012, 05:54:50 PM »
It is said that Sang (Sang-sol) offerings are made by people to mark important events in their lives. The oldest text on this prayer was apparently written by Padmasambava when he went to Tibet in the 8th century, and was hidden for some reason, and waited to be found at the right time. Two centuries later two tertons, or discoverers of termas, found the text and revealed it. It is based on this terma that many Sang offerings for the Nyingma, Kagyu and Sakya sects are composed. At the time of the Third Dalai Lama, a Lama by the name of Yeshe Wangpo composed the Gelugpa version of sang offering text. Then three works were composed on this by Panchen Lobsang Chogyen and a third by the Fifth Dalai Lama.

On this site, we find the wonderful Incense Offering to Dorje Shugden, by the great Master Serkong Dorje Chang.

Recently I came across another Sang Offerings to Dorje Shugden called "Blazing Light Of Auspiciousness" [see link below] which is truly beautiful in my opinion. However, I cannot seem to be able to find its author on the web. Can someone help?

http://www.dorjeshugdenhistory.org/texts/Sang%20Offering%20of%20Dorje%20Shugden.pdf