Author Topic: Inspiring life and death of ven Geshe Gyaltsen  (Read 7093 times)

Robert Thomas

Inspiring life and death of ven Geshe Gyaltsen
« on: August 02, 2010, 01:38:30 PM »
I found this article about the life and passing of Ven. Geshe Tsultrim Gyaltsen very inspiring. You can see he relied on the teachers and practices of our shared lineage, namely Je Phabongkha, Song Rinpoche and Ling Rinpoche and the practices of Lama Choepa, Hundreds of deities of the Joyful Land and Vajrayogini. I think this shows clearly how encouraged we should be to practice and have faith in our lamas and instructions. I hope others also feel inspired

http://www.mandalamagazine.org/archives/mandala-issues-for-2009/july/the-passing-of-the-holy-master-venerable-geshe-tsultim-gyeltsen/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:41:24 PM by Robert Thomas »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: Inspiring life and death of ven Geshe Gyaltsen
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 04:28:08 PM »
Beautiful article!!! Thank you so much. Here is a link to the newsletter from Thubten Dhargye Ling with pictures of the rainbows that appeared after Kyabje Tsultrim Gyaltsen had finished his meditation in clear light, and left his body.

This article is wonderful. It is a teaching in itself on how to complete the path from a to z.

I am walking on clouds after reading this!

“Whatever you do, small practice or large practice, it doesn’t matter. Motivation is very important. Try to make what you are doing – chanting, meditation, saying mantras – try to make it to be real Dharma.

“There are some ways of practicing we don’t want. We should try to make our mind in combination with Dharma. Sometimes put on, sometimes take off. That’s not the way to do. Our practice should not be like that. Good day, bad day. Doesn’t matter. We need Dharma all the time. Sometimes people think they have happy time they can do practice, but when they have difficulty they leave Dharma behind. Not so good.

“Sometimes people when they have trouble they can do Dharma, but when they are happy and party and everything, they leave Dharma where? I don’t know.

“Really all the time, to learn."

Helena

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 04:51:21 PM »
Thank you, Robert Thomas.

This is indeed a wonderful article.

At the end of the day, when people think that they can leave Dharma behind or leave Dharma out of their lives - they are really leaving themselves behind. In the end, they are the real losers.

I never used to think that Dharma lies in everything that I say and do, and that it is every part of my life because it is life. I used to think that Dharma was something I would practise when I have the time or feel like it.

The more I learn, the more that I understand that Dharma is for the living in order to live well and right. Yes, all the time we need to practise and learn because we have a long way to go.

Thank you for this precious sharing.
Helena

Robert Thomas

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 05:12:23 PM »
I also thought the author's example as a disciple is very moving, inspiring and a wonderful teaching :-)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 04:43:30 AM »
Oh, I forgot to post the links to the newsletter.

http://www.tdling.org/newsletter

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 07:44:11 AM »

All these posts on the all the great lamas of Dorje Shugden's lineage is very important and wonderful trend. I love it. What a wonderful forum this is. To inspire many with these great biographies.

Everyone, I love and appreciate the posts. Thank you so much whoever you are and please keep it up.

TK

DSFriend

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 08:52:17 AM »
Oh my! Thank you for the information. The author is so kind to include all the details, giving the readers a clear account of the holy event and most respectful remembrance for all who have benefited from and received teachings from this holy master.

I'm hoping someone can help shed some light to a question:
What is the significance of reciting Vajrasattva during the journey?
"Each of us would take a turn reciting the mantra of Vajrasattva for an hour in order to maintain a constant repetition of the mantra during the flights to Bangalore."

Robert, TS
thanks again for the links you provided.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 10:46:32 AM »
Robert

Thanks so much for posting this article. It moved me tremendously. Geshe Tsultim Gyeltsen is such a wonderful example of an attained Master. This article was very eye opening re Geshe Tsultim Gyeltsen's enlightened qualities and the description of the death and funeral was really incredible. The author really wrote from the heart and his pure Guru devotion. Very humbling and inspirational.

Geshe Tsultim Gyeltsen's quotes at the end of the article are particularly moving - to appreciate the kindness of others.. to rejoice for others.. it's such pure Dharma..

"And all other sentient beings are very kind for us. If there are not others we cannot make it. Happy, joy. We cannot get anything. Look at us. We have everything from others. We have body, yes, but somebody else made it. Many people come through for us. So kindness of others is tremendous, really it is. You think about it.

“So that’s why we are wishing for all sentient beings to be free from suffering. Who has suffering, to be free from suffering. To be happy, joy. We should not be jealous. How much they have success we wish more than that, for that to be success. That’s the kind of thinking we do.

“I hope I come back to be teaching Sundays, soon I think. I think so. I hope so.”

Geshe Tsultim Gyeltsen, i hope you will come back to teach soon...

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »
This opportunity to read this article and view the miraculous images of Geshe Gyaltsen story is truly a blessing. Such purity and goodness is rare. So thank you, Robert, for sharing this inspiring and beautiful writing with us.

I am especially touched by this statement: “We have everything from others. We have body, yes, but somebody else made it. Many people come through for us. So kindness of others is tremendous, really it is. You think about it.” This is a very powerful and appropriate reminder to always be humble and grateful.

As we become very learned, well-read, affluent, influential etc. we have the tendency to make the big mistake of getting “high and mighty”. We often forget how insignificant these worldly possessions are in relation to the world, universe and future lifetimes. Geshe Gyaltsen is so kind to impart this teaching upon us so that we will not be continuously misled by our own ego and focus our energy towards beneficial motivations and activities.

Lastly, I would also like to humbly add that we have received much from others but one group of beings who have given to us unconditionally lifetime after lifetime are the great spiritual masters like Geshe Gyaltsen. They have generously and consistently come through for all of us and given us the best gift ever, the Dharma, and asked for nothing in return.

DSFriend

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »
It is most amazing for us to read about the birth, life story and passing of great lamas. His Holiness Kyabje Lati Rinpoche left relics similar to Geshe Tsultim Gyeltsen; of his tongue, heart and eye as well as imprints of tiny human leg symbol of his quick return! This post has several pictures of the funeral possession and closeup shot of monks performing the ritual and the holy relics.
http://gadenshartse.net/LatiRinpoche.html