Author Topic: Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen Murdered  (Read 18441 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen Murdered
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 06:15:54 PM »
Thank you for spending time providing the info, Trinley. If you don't mind, can i ask if you know if it is documented somewhere what HH Trijang Rinpoche and Dagom Rinpoche said or did you hear it personally in a teaching?

Much appreciation,

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 10:46:47 AM »

Dear big uncle,

You are right. Can you give us more details and scan in parts of the book that might be relevant and post here?

Thanks.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 07:16:21 PM »
Page 94 of Trijang Rinpoche's Music Delighting says:
"On the thirteenth of the fifth month, Desi Sonam Chopel's brother named Depa Norbu or Nangso Norbu, in league with the evil Desi, under pretext of illness, came secretly to where Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen was staying in the large bedroom of the house where he was born, called 'ga kha sa pa'xxviii, with the intention of killing him. No matter how hard he tried to stab him with his weapon, however, it would not penetrate the skin, so he stuffed a silk scarf down his throat until he died."

The detail about Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen telling his assailants to get the Dharmaraja scarf to suffocate after they failed to murder him is from an oral teaching by Dagom Rinpoche on 10/2005 during a kangso commentary.

The quote above about the destruction of Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen's residence is from the Fifth Dalai Lama's autobiography.

Dear Trinley,

Thank you very much for the info. I'll investigate further. There should be more books on Dorje Shugden re his history and background, don't you think? There seems to be so many missing pieces.

Warmest wishes,
Kate

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 11:16:15 AM »
I believe there is also a tradition in the temple of Nechung (Tibet of course) that a door is sealed. According to tradition, the door is closed symbolically awaiting for the time when he will ascend the throne of the main Dharma Protector of our world. At that time, Nechung is said to have completed his duties and ready to ascend into the Buddha realms.  - Extracted from Demons and Oracles of Tibet

How exciting!  ::)

Dear Big Uncle, TK and forum,
I found the below information from : Rene De Nebesky-Wojkowitz (1956). Oracles and Demons of Tibet: The Cult and Iconography of the Tibetan Protective Deities. London: Oxford University Press.

It said in CHAPTER XXII THE STATE ORACLE that:

The southern gate(1) is held closed in accordance with an old tradition that the chos skyong rDo rje shugs ldan is waiting at this entrance for the day to come on which he will be allowed to enter the monastery, to succeed Pe har as the chief dharmapala of Tibet after the former has become a ‘jig rten las ‘das pa’I srung ma and has vacated the temple.

I believe this book that was published way before the ban happened, has documented the prophecy that Dorje Shugden will become a deity we rely on in the future.

I’ve tried many times to attach the scanned texts of the original page and also the ground floor plan of nechung gompa in Tibet but something didn't quite work and it went onto error page. I will try again later.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 11:31:27 AM »

Vajra Protector,

Thanks for the information.

Can you please:

1. let us know when the book was published.

2. scan in the map of the nechung temple layout and show which door is sealed awaiting Shugden's arrival please.

It might be easy to just take a picture, bluetooth to your pc and upload if you have problems scanning.

tk

thor

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 09:06:39 PM »
Recently I found in the Fifth Dalai Lama's collected works a prayer for the swift return of Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen, so it seems at first he didn't stop the incarnation lineage.  However, it would appear that the incarnation lineage was stopped at this point, (from http://www.dorjeshugdenhistory.org/among-shugden-texts-1617.html)

Does that mean there are no known emanations of Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen today?

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 09:15:35 PM »
There is a picture here:
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=143

(thanks to Mohani who posted a reply on the thread Re: HH the 16th Karmapa: a deity that one must rely on in the future in this forum)

Do check out that thread, it's really mind blowing re what the 16th karmapa said, that affirmed what was being recorded in this book by Rene De Nebesky-Wojkowitz, with the title "Oracles and Demons of Tibet: The Cult and Iconography of the Tibetan Protective Deities".  This was published in London by Oxford University Press in 1956, way before the ban and all the drama.

The southern gate(1) is held closed in accordance with an old tradition that the chos skyong rDo rje shugs ldan is waiting at this entrance for the day to come on which he will be allowed to enter the monastery, to succeed Pe har as the chief dharmapala of Tibet after the former has become a ‘jig rten las ‘das pa’I srung ma and has vacated the temple.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:21:06 PM by Vajraprotector »

WisdomBeing

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 05:01:29 PM »
Recently I found in the Fifth Dalai Lama's collected works a prayer for the swift return of Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen, so it seems at first he didn't stop the incarnation lineage.  However, it would appear that the incarnation lineage was stopped at this point, (from http://www.dorjeshugdenhistory.org/among-shugden-texts-1617.html)

Does that mean there are no known emanations of Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen today?

I'm curious about this too. Just because the incarnations are not recognised, surely it doesn't mean that they do not exist. And if the Dalai lama does not recognise a particular incarnation, can the Panchen Lama, who appears to endorse Dorje Shugden openly, recognise him?

WisdomBeing

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 03:16:34 PM »
re cash - i must say that the 'Great Deception' book did raise an interesting point - if the Dalai Lama has dropped the idea for independence for decades and has been talking about autonomy, why do the Tibetans still pay the 'independence tax', what is it for and how is it spent. The Dalai Lama is obviously not wearing Giorgio Armani robes, but someone must be benefiting from the funds, which does not seem to be accountable to anyone.

Just my 1 cent for today. :-\

DSFriend

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 06:19:17 PM »
I find Dorje Shugden and Dalai Lama stories awhole lot more exciting than any Hollywood movies. It'd be real cool if a movie is done for DS and HHDL. If only people will read and learn about Dorje Shugden, they will certainly have faith in him. There must be a bigger plan to all that is happening with the persecutions we see today. Dorje Shugden and Dalai Lama has such similar mindstream and qualities. And the more persecutions are carried out by TGIE, the more Dorje Shugden appears in the news. Politics seems to be used to promote DS...though some may think that HHDL is wrongly mixing politics and spirituality. Well, the results of any action will speak volume.

emptymountains

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 07:34:55 PM »
Well, the results of any action will speak volume.

The results are already speaking...  :-\

Helena

• Email
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2010, 07:39:28 PM »
As I have read, it was said that the Tulku told the assailants the exact way to kill him because it was just impossible to kill him. He was stuffed with a khata down his throat. Btw, what I want to know is this - are there any reincarnations of this Tulku? Is his line really cut off just like that? Can anyone shed light into this? Many thanks. Truly appreciate it because I am new here.
Helena

Zach

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2010, 11:40:13 PM »
I believe there is also a tradition in the temple of Nechung (Tibet of course) that a door is sealed. According to tradition, the door is closed symbolically awaiting for the time when he will ascend the throne of the main Dharma Protector of our world. At that time, Nechung is said to have completed his duties and ready to ascend into the Buddha realms.  - Extracted from Demons and Oracles of Tibet

I found the below information from : Rene De Nebesky-Wojkowitz (1956). Oracles and Demons of Tibet: The Cult and Iconography of the Tibetan Protective Deities. London: Oxford University Press.

I believe this book that was published way before the ban happened, has documented the prophecy that Dorje Shugden will become a deity we rely on in the future.

I’ve tried many times to attach the scanned texts of the original page and also the ground floor plan of nechung gompa in Tibet but something didn't quite work and it went onto error page. I will try again later.

Why do i get the feeling all events are leading up to this ?
It will not be to long before the Pehar goes action cannot be without effect, And i think there is going to be a big effect before to long  ;D

Helena

• Email
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2010, 04:48:19 AM »
Now, this is the most worthy words I have come across in a long time. Thank you, Zach W for sharing and thinking with wisdom, clarity and compassion. I have always been inclined to believe that Nechung has been doing his job well and good - starting from the moment Nechung urged Tulku Drakpa to become the GREAT PROTECTOR - not over just Tibet, like how Nechung is bound by his oath to do so. DS is the DHARMAPALA KING of OUR TIME, not bound by any country, land, government in exile or not, not constrained by set customs and rules of the old. DS protects the Dharma and Lineage - wherever that may be and it could be just about everywhere, because Buddhism is becoming global - all thanks to HH DL. Now, don't you think that everyone played their roles well and did their jobs well - all leading up to a very BIG MOMENT, to complete a GRAND PLAN? Think about it and please do share more. THANK YOU!

It will not be to long before the Pehar goes action cannot be without effect, And i think there is going to be a big effect before to long  ;D
Helena

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 01:48:20 AM »

Nechung has already "lost" his power. His predictions are no longer accurate and will never be accurate again as there are even rumors that the "Nechung" that takes trance in the oracle is not Nechung but the spirit of Ngatrul Rinpoche who attempted to murder the 13th Dalai Lama with black magic but was caught and sentenced to a painful death and because of that he exacted revenge by impersonating Nechung and giving inaccurate predictions. So it means one thing: Dorje Shugden's time has come and the ban is only probably a temporary measure to spread his name and plant imprints into the minds of others before he goes global.