Author Topic: Dulzin's holy body  (Read 20064 times)

vajrastorm

Re: Dulzin's holy body
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 07:19:39 AM »
In light of the total destruction of so many monasteries and relics and reliquaries in Tibet during the Chinese invasion of Tibet, what remains as 'proof 'are to be found only in rare and precious biographies like this biography of the great master and Holy Being, Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche- "The Illusory Play". Those of us who have read this biography would not have failed to be impressed by such beautiful accounts as this concerning the reliquary of Duldzin Drakpa Gyaltsen, which showed no decay, with the hair still growing, when HH Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche found it.

As has been stated before, this precious discovery by Trijang Rinpoche points to the undeniable fact that Duldzin is an Enlightened Being, and so must his reincarnations and their emanation be -- i.e. Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen and Dorje Shugden.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 03:37:05 PM »
Thank you beggar for highlighting this interesting excerpt from 'The Illusory Play'. I will get a copy of this book and study it very thoroughly for I am sure within it contains a lot more information written in such a wonderful flow of words. I wonder if I would ever be able to experience a whiff of  'the fragrant scent of pure morality'. Dulzin really lived up to his name of vinaya holder. I have also the same wish as you , beggar, May this fact instill in some uncertain minds the true fact that Dulzin's incarnation and the following ones are also enlightened and not a spirit as he is portrayed to be.

Klein

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 04:55:32 AM »
I am not surprised that Dulzin's hold body is still not decay and has hair growing. There are many similar accounts reported about holy beings showing these miraculous signs.  I have heard that when holy beings are cremated, everything turns to ashes except for their eye balls, tongue and heart representing the body, speech and mind. I've also heard that mani pills pour out from the stomach of deceased holy beings.

As my teacher said, when the person devotes his or her entire life towards benefiting others, even at death, their body would continue to benefit others on many levels.

Rihanna

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 03:17:06 PM »
No, i have not come across any other accounts of other beings who witnessed it. But this phenomena comes as no surprise to me. Lord Tsongkhapa manifested the same when he entered clear light. His body was embalmed in gold. When Chinese army invaded Tibet, they had it taken away. It was reported that when they opened up the gold case (the Chinese later sold the gold!) that had Lord Tsongkhapa's body, it was the smell of sandal wood and  his hair and nails were still growing.

Thanks Beggar for sharing that extract with us!

However, do you (or anyone else) know if there are any other accounts of other beings who have witness the holy body as well? Unfortunately there are some people out there that seems to not hold Trijang Rinpoche in the highest regard as we do and would therefore would just brush off this great event....odd eh, to not respect HHDL's own guru (who is a great master in his own right!), follow a ban issued by HHDL without question and hold negative thoughts towards his own teacher.

Who is the 'us' and 'we' that Trijang Rinpoche refers to in the extract?

Thanks.

Manjushri

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »
Wow, I find the account from Trijang Rinpoche miraculous! Imagine, the body of Dulzin Drakpa Gyeltsen has no decay whatsoever! With normal people, after a few days, the stench the body exudes is already unbearable! But instead what overwhelmed the air was described as "fragrant scent". It is pretty amazing how high lamas can display such attainments as this for lay people to be convinced.

What came to mind as reading this post is that yes, if Duldzin can show such attainments, then how can his incarnations (in particular Dorje Shugden) after that be labelled as an evil spirit? Also, during the life of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen, he showed miraculous signs. When the attendants of the 5th Dalai Lama plotted to kill TDG, he simply just couldn't be killed. Isn't that attainment in itself already enough to convince one how highly attained TDG is?

dsiluvu

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 04:14:06 PM »
Thanks Beggar! This is another proof to the world that Dorje Shugden is definitely not an evil demonic spirit but not an ordinary being either. It is certainly only those with pure morality and vows who is highly attained that we see such miraculous signs appearing after their passing just like Buddha Shakyamuni himself who manifested millions of relics after his passing which up till today we can witness here http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=2574

And guess what the current Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche carried the holy relics of the Buddha in Switzerland who led the procession from the United Nations Plaza to their final destination – the exhibition hall where some prayers to Buddha Shakyamuni are then recited.

Also we are so fortunate that today extremely rare holy relics pills are available for us to obtained. They are consecrated by the holy monks of Dorje Shugden monasteries and contain the relics of many amazing masters including Lord Tsongkhapa, H.H. Je Pabongkha Rinpoche, H.H. Kyabje Trijang Dorjechang, Panchen Sonam Drakpa, hair and cloth of H.H. the 10th Panchen Lama and H.H. Kyabje Denma Gonsar Rinpoche. These pills can be placed in a stupa for blessings and protection, consumed for healing, added to lotions or creams and placed in the mouth of the dying. http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/dorje-shugden-holy-pills.html

DharmaSpace

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »
There is so much proof of these great tibetan masters  when they pass away their bodies do not smell until the lama's consciousness leave their bodies so not a very surprising find to say the least below is an URL with such a story.
http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/14855/tibetan-lamas-body-stays-fresh-for-weeks-after-death-nz-news-report

This is another one about this Lama in Russia whose body remains incorruptible
http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=3,4433,0,0,1,0

For me it is clear to see that Lord Duldzin was no ordinary being and Tulku Dragpa Gyeltsen is the line of incarnation of Duldzin, there is no way the passing of Tulku dragpa gyeltsen will produce a raging evil spirit. Furthermore Lord Duldzin was similar in attainments to Lama Tsongkhapa, and Lama Tsongkhapa is recognized unmistakenly as a Buddha. The last statement says a lot of the qualities of Lord Duldzin.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 07:32:47 AM »
Thank you, Kurava. I, unlike you, unfortunately do not have a guru to guide and teach me. While I am sure such miracles exist it is quite difficult to explain them to people who have no understanding of Buddhism or tantra. I guess it's better for me to talk to non Buddhists of the dharma rather than all these phenomena even though you and I believe in them.

I have heard many accounts of such wondrous signs, some of reliquaries left behind from highly attained masters after their baths, some from sweet scents emitting from their bodies, and some from witnesses who saw rainbow like colors in photos taken when highly attained masters were doing consecrations.

As for bodies of highly attained masters being in almost perfect condition, showing no sign of decay, how is this possible? Scientifically and logically it cannot be explained but how does Buddhism explain this?

We often only believe in things that have been validated through scientific methods. However, even scientists themselves admit the limitation of science.

2,500 years ago, Lord Buddha already spoke of different world systems out in vast universe that is beyond our wildest imagination. What the Buddha perceives and knows make our space explorations look pathetic.

Many things or phenomena that cannot be explained scientifically or logically , we tend to brush them aside as fallacies.
That 's what I used to be until I read the dharma under the  guidance of my kind Guru. I learn to keep my mind open and that our ordinary perception is so unreliable and deceptive.

Another thing I learn is just to have faith in the Guru and the 3 jewels. Based on 2,500 years of track records, the dharma has never been proven wrong . On that basis, even if I can't understand certain Buddhist miracles, I can still believe that it happened.

negra orquida

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »
Thank you beggar for highlighting this paragraph in Trijang Rinpoche's biography.  I believe these kind of miracles are some of the ways that highly attained lamas dispel doubts in people's minds.

Thank you Big Uncle for sharing that scientific article too.  It is really interesting, i find this paragraph really useful too and would love to test it out!

In the second experiment, researchers aimed to manipulate people’s propensity toward charity. Ninety-nine participants were assigned to either a Windex-scented room or a neutral-smelling room and given a packet of tasks to complete. Included in the packet was a flyer soliciting volunteers and donations to the charity Habitat for Humanity. As expected, people in the Windex-sprayed room were more inclined to volunteer and give money than those in the unscented room — 22% of those in the clean group said they wanted to donate money, compared with 6% of the controls.

However I also wonder if the experiment was funded by Windex :p

I heard that another sign which highly attained lamas leave behind when they leave their human form is the "Rainbow Body".  Found this account of Khenpo-A-chos' rainbow body by Fr. Francis Tiso, associate pastor at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel in Mill Valley, who is also a Tibetan Buddhist scholar (extracted from http://www.zhaxizhuoma.net/SEVEN_JEWELS/HOLY%20EVENTS/RAINBOW%20BODY/Christian.html):

Khenpo-A-chos died in the summer of 1998, without any signs of illness (old age). After extensive training in both the Nyingma and Gelug schools of Tibetan Buddhism, he was known for his inclusive teachings, even to the toughest bandits. For most of his monastic life, instead of living in the great monastery, he retreated to a tiny, remote hermitage to practice mantras and visualizations. Khenpo's nephew and closest disciple said that sometimes he saw the Khenpo circumambulating the hermitage, even though he was locked inside. One year before the Khenpo died, a rinpoche advised him to have a thangka painted of Ganden, the paradise the rinpoche predicted the Khenpo would soon be going to. The Khenpo did so to remove the last traces of karmic aspiration, which freed him to attain the next life. When asked about his uncle's teachings, his nephew said he was a humble man who spoke mostly about the importance of cultivating compassion.

A week before the Khenpo died, a flat rainbow appeared over his house. Those present at his death told Fr. Francis that they saw the wrinkles on his skin disappear and the skin become smooth and shiny like that of a young boy's. Another disciple said the skin actually became luminous. Fr. Francis said this meant he was able to change his cellular structure and release light. Everyone present noticed a sweet fragrance, like perfume[/b]. Outside the hermitage they saw rainbows in the sky, which was filled with a very fine rain. In a few days they also heard music, as if someone were singing outdoors, but they could not understand the words. A lama the Khenpo's disciples consulted told them to cover the body with a yellow cloth and not touch it. The disciples could see through the cloth that the body was shrinking but saw no signs of decomposition and no insects, although the weather was warm. On the eighth day they looked in the box and the body had completely disappeared, leaving only the cloth (his clothing had been removed when he died), which had no marks on it.

Many disciples reported dreams or visions of the Khenpo after his death. They also said they had heard of the manifestation of the Rainbow Body happening to other lamas who studied Buddhism very deeply. They believed it showed the lamas' high state of realization.

Fr. Francis said that the meaning of the Rainbow Body is beyond that of a yogic attainment. It is ultimately a manifestation of compassion, of a real bodhisattva's ability to show people that the path is worth taking, that the sacrifices are worth it, and that their endeavor has universal power to reach out beyond the confines of the body or time.

As beggar had logically pointed out, if it is generally accepted that only lamas who have studied Buddhism very deeply and have true compassion would/could leave signs such as non-decomposing body, perfume fragrance, and other miracles which normal people would not be able to show when they pass away (e.g. hair growth on body, body shrinking into nothing), which Dulzin Dragpa Gyeltsen had clearly shown, then how could all his attainments and results be undone in his following incarnations which includes Dorje Shugden? It would mean that Buddha's teachings are not correct!

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 02:54:48 AM »
Dulzin being one of the 8 great disciples of Tsongkapa must be a very attained being. He could not have arisen as Shugden. Shugden being a harmful being arose from something else but people say he is Dulzin to validate Shugden as a genuine protector.

If Nechung sanctioned Shugden as Dulzin's incarnation 600 years ago, Nechung would not contradict himself now by saying we should not practice this negative being pretending to arise as a dharma protector. Nechung has no issues with Kalarupa, Mahakala and Vairshravana who were assigned as the protectors of the Gelug lineage by Tsongkapa himself. We should abide by Tsongkapa's decision. Safer. No danger and no doubts.

When in doubt (Shugden) don't do as the saying goes. Sorry guys.  ;)

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 04:28:56 PM »
If Nechung sanctioned Shugden as Dulzin's incarnation 600 years ago, Nechung would not contradict himself now by saying we should not practice this negative being pretending to arise as a dharma protector. Nechung has no issues with Kalarupa, Mahakala and Vairshravana who were assigned as the protectors of the Gelug lineage by Tsongkapa himself. We should abide by Tsongkapa's decision. Safer. No danger and no doubts.

If one has received the proper teachings and lineage of this holy protector from one's Guru, why is there doubt in this protector? Then perhaps we should doubt all other protectors, especially Nechung, who is not enlightened? Perhaps he is just a power-hungry and jealous Dharmapala, jealous of his "brother" Dorje Shugden whose fame is rising and becoming increasingly popular globally?

Why don't His Holiness/ CTA drop this unenlightened protector as there are many wisdom protectors around? Isn't that spirit worship? Why does the Dalai Lama and CTA encourage spirit worship? Why not enthrone Kalarupa, Mahakala and Vairshravana as state protectors instead? Dalai Lama is Gelug after all, so why not follow Tsongkhapa's (who is one of his Gurus in His Holiness' previous life) decision?

DharmaDefender

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 06:37:36 PM »
Does anyone know if Dulzin's holy body is still enshrined in the stupa of Tsunmo Tsäl Monastery?

Just very curious.

I dont think so. If the invading Communists wiped out the monastic libraries, desecrated the gompas and destroyed all of the images, they wouldve done something to Dulzins body. After all, why leave it there as an object of worship and allow him to become a martyr? I shudder to think of the heavy negative karma they incurred from doing that. Having said that, I dont know about this definitively. Its just my guess based on what the Chinese did everywhere when they entered Tibet... for all I know, some super rich wanker in Chinas probably got Dulzins body propped in his living room which he bought in some auction.

Why don't His Holiness/ CTA drop this unenlightened protector as there are many wisdom protectors around? Isn't that spirit worship? Why does the Dalai Lama and CTA encourage spirit worship? Why not enthrone Kalarupa, Mahakala and Vairshravana as state protectors instead? Dalai Lama is Gelug after all, so why not follow Tsongkhapa's (who is one of his Gurus in His Holiness' previous life) decision?

HAHAHAHA well put VP. Exactly - why not enthrone Kalarupa etc? Why not get them to take trance? Why leave the future of Tibet and her independence in an unenlightened beings hands? And everybody knows Nechung is unenlightened...after all, have you EVER heard anyone ever say he was enlightened? Nowt a peep out of anyone.

dsiluvu

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 06:51:51 PM »

If one has received the proper teachings and lineage of this holy protector from one's Guru, why is there doubt in this protector? Then perhaps we should doubt all other protectors, especially Nechung, who is not enlightened? Perhaps he is just a power-hungry and jealous Dharmapala, jealous of his "brother" Dorje Shugden whose fame is rising and becoming increasingly popular globally?

Ditto! Why should there be any doubt when there are so many reliable resources to check like
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=52/#2    and
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=52/#1

just to name a few. If you disregard Trijang Rinpoche's  own account and writings then why would you even bother follow your own Guru. In the Gelugpa school almost every single highly attained Lama were directly or indirectly Trijang Rinpoche and Pabongka Rinpoche's student. And if they are can be wrong then so can His Holiness the Dalai Lama. All the teachings being taught to His Holiness could also be wrong. So is His Holiness passing down teachings that are tainted to the world?! It just doesn't make any sense. Unlike the CTA who like to cover, twist and burn holy Text! Theirs are with no authenticity, none at all as CTAs have burn those books.

And yeah might as well entroned Kalarupa, Mahakala and Vairshravana, which would solve so much chaos and confusion here. Plus they are enlightened protectors. Why believe a worldly one like Nechung who also happened to have given incorrect advice and told His Holiness to stay back when the Chinese came. Why then did His Holiness bothered carrying Dorje Shugden thangka as they cross over to India? http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=10704

Barzin

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »
If you clean your house well, it will smell nice.  If you clean your mind well with virtuous thoughts, it will be nice.  If you clean your body with holy body actions, it will smell nice.  Such high attained master like Duldzin  Drakpa Gyaltsen's miraculous signs come no surprise at all. If he is considered non virtue who later share the same mindstream as Dorje Shugden, since he made a promise to Nechung, wouldn't Nechung be very furious now?  Even Nechung is non-enlightened but he sworn to protect dharma, wouldn't the rest of the protectors should be furious too?  Then the protectors is manifestation of the Buddhas... Then ultimately, NONE of them can subdue a lama who gone evil?  It just doesn't make sense to me... 

Therefore, how can you disregard the achievement, the practice of the line of incarnation of Dorje Shugden?  It just doesn't make sense to me.