Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 230346 times)

DSFriend

Re: DS 'brochure'
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2010, 07:05:34 AM »

Also bear in mind that these brochures will hit a new market of people who perhaps are not interested or reluctant to visit a Dharma centre due to their ideas of what a Dharma centre/Buddhism is.

Thanks for sharing that thought..What's there to lose but much to gain, opportunity to bring happiness to others.

cheers
DSFriend

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2010, 02:32:33 PM »

Hundreds of brochures being distributed in Australia these past few days!!! Wonderful!!!

TK

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2010, 02:38:57 PM »

We need to design new Dorje Shugden brochures that add to the one already existing and offer it to the Webmaster. So there is a variety that can be downloaded and distributed all over the world appealing to all types of tastes.

Further debates on the brochures is a waste of time, it will remain on this website it seems. So next best option, just design another one to download. If you have endless energy to write and compose on this thread, use it toward a new brochure. Much more productive and a genuine expression of concern materializing.

Thank you.

TK

pgdharma

« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2010, 02:48:32 PM »
Nice photos. DS brochures distributed in Australia. Wow! Many people there will be blessed by DS whether they keep the brochure or throw it away!It does not matter. Most important is that the seed of DS blessings will be planted on them. Great job DS brochures distributors!!!! What an ingenious way to benefit others. I liked and agreed to what tk said:  "New times calls for new measures..." and how true that really, "nothing we do will ever be in full agreement by everyone". If we use old ways and take the step only when everyone is in agreement, then would have let many opportunities to benefit slip by...

DharmaDefender

« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2010, 06:06:45 PM »
Well, that's where I see the real benefit of protectors, and historically monastic protectors punished those who deviated from rules.  It is said at Ganden if Dharmaraja hit you on your head with his club you would come unhinged.  There are stories of monks that engaged in business, drinking and other prohibited activities that went mad.  This is a real benefit of the Sangha Jewel, not only Dorje Shugden but all of the monastic protectors, who have some fierce energy and control on matters to keep people in line.

I've also heard of the same things - one story that sticks to my mind is that of a monk who stole offerings from the altar, and he went mad. Conversely, I've also heard of protectors beating you to purify negative karma...I'd rather an enlightened mind like Dorje Shugden or Zong Rinpoche beat the crap out of me, so I suffer for one second less in the Hell of No Respite!

theloneranger

« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2010, 07:03:57 PM »

Ranger! I don't believe this! You're back!
It's a pity but you will notice that we are very few of the old bunch. Such are things ... impermanent.
Are you going to stay a while?
It sure feels good to have you back.

If you have an abundance of merit and great good fortune, your wish may be granted. :) I need somewhere to go for refuge as the heartbreak of not having a television whilst the world cup is on, is all to much. If only i had my own apartment fitted with comfy sofa's, fridge loaded with refreshing cold beer, delicious snacks like popcorn and nachos and with a 40 inch flat screen TV with High definition to watch the action! I can dream.... :'(  But i'm here entraped in a small room that is no bigger than a garden shed in a dharma centre that resembles a building site. LOL.  I'm going away to loch lomond in scotland next friday, for a weekend dorje shugden empowerment recieving blessings with a seriously realised lama, that will be my 3rd dorje shugden empowerment this year. I'm even sacarificing the England game on the saturday night to get a big fat piece of dharma cake.  Now that is devotion for you.................. :)

theloneranger

« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2010, 11:09:41 PM »
The Mormons put the 18 year old males out on the street for two years!
Grab your mala,sandal and robes and hit the road!

Some people do not need santification to spread the dharma

Look at all of you people Spreading the Dharma

The Truth Will Win the Hearts and Minds of the People

I think most of you  are unrecognized Tulkus anyway!

Train yourselves!

Otherwise, You'll find yourselves just scrambbling to be the King or Queen Of the Rat Pile

Maybe DS supporters will get a bad reputation like the Jehovah witnesses here in UK.  People don't like preachers!

But what the hell, just spread the good word! Hallalujah, praise the lord! Get your hands up in the air, feel the power!!   ???

'Protectors Champion' that is one hell of a name!  Want to swap?

a friend

« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2010, 03:50:16 AM »

Hey Ranger, not to watch the World Cup is really a great great gigantic sacrifice. You have just proved to me that you are the hero that your name evokes.
Speaking of the Cup, forget TV, I would like to be in South Africa, not only to watch the best groups of 11 guys roaming the field in pursuit of the leather round thing, but also to have a chance of seeing Mandela, a great being. But I don't even know if I'm going to be able to watch a couple of matches on TV. Such is the cruelty of samsara.  :P

Have a great empowerment! Lucky ranger!

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2010, 10:25:45 AM »

Very empowering to see the devotion, in China, another 200 of Dorje Shugden brochures have been dispatched.

So many friends who don't get involved on the forum (wish they would) but want to spread Dorje Shugden to many people who other wise would have very little hope.

TK

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2010, 10:30:12 AM »

please come up with another one that would suit your countries. Then why can't we have many types of brochures to download. Spend time on creating a new brochure to add to the current one instead of just words please. And submit your brochure to the webmaster.  Do something that you think would appeal in Western Countries. Perhaps another enthusiastic person would print out and distribute. 

Hi TK,
there are already many very very nice brochures around the world in many languages. Please have a look to the dharma center flyers  :D I think these flyers are another very smart way to allow local people to meet the wholy Dharma of Je Tsongkhapa protected by Dorje Shugden

Regards
Guido

I would like to share my opinion. Dorje Shugden flyers that stands on its own has its advantages - that it purely promotes the deity without any strings attached to Dharma centres/Lamas and the baggages that come with it and hence less bias. Also, people might be turned off by the brochure if the Dharma centre doesn't appeal to them.

I am sorry, but due to the many reasons - be it political, bad press about certain centres or lamas, some people prefer to not connect with certain Dharma centres or teachers. You might be surprised that I've heard people who refuse to associate with a centre because they don't like the people in the centre, or they think the lama practice demons, or the Dharma centre is too commercial and wants to make money instead of promoting Dharma etc. 

With this brochure, they are drawn to this website, which I think is quite neutral and promotes Dorje Shugden mainly instead of a specific lama/centre. That I think is a good entry point for them to explore and have a personal relationship with Dorje Shugden.

Also bear in mind that these brochures will hit a new market of people who perhaps are not interested or reluctant to visit a Dharma centre due to their ideas of what a Dharma centre/Buddhism is.

Vajraprotector, I like what you wrote here very much. Thank you for your empowering thoughts.

TK

theloneranger

Re: DS brochure
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2010, 10:09:16 PM »
Dear Admin,

I have come to the conclusion that handing out DS brochures is very unskillfull. Although i rejoice in your virtue and good intentions,  I believe you are wasting your time. Buddha Shakyamuni and basic meditation teachings are the first things you should be introducing to the public. Buddha manifested dharma practitioners to help sincere practitioners to clear obstacles on the path to enlightenment and to help protect Buddha's doctrine.  If you really want to help people and you feel you have to leaflet drop like some desperate mormonites, better to advertise meditation classes not dharma protectors who look fearsome and scary to the average Joe.  Dharma protectors should only be introduced to practitioners later along the path.  All you are going to do is freak people out, and if there not freaked out they will just think your all religious nutters! They will log onto the website and watch the DS oracle taking trance and think we are black magicians.  It's important to introduce new people to dharma centres and meditation classes.  Lets advertise the basics first!  If leaflet dropping was such a great idea to spread the dharma, the great realised lama's would be doing just that, the fact they are not tells you something you need to know!  Ever remember what it was like to be a beginner, when everything was new to you? Gently, gently...................

Om mane pame hum

WoselTenzin

« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2010, 11:32:08 PM »
Dear theloneranger,
Times have changed.  This is not the golden age.  How many people would actually start off practising Buddhism by meditation.  How many people started practising Buddhism because they wanted to become a Buddha to benefit all sentient beings.  Of course, introducing people to meditation teachings as starters is valid and it will help a certain group of people but it is very limited.  What about people who are not inclined to meditation and are plagued by many obstacles be it related to family, financial, career, business, health, black magic, spirit disturbance etc and the last thing on their mind is any type of spiritual practice. 

Don’t these people deserve happiness?  Don’t they deserve to receive Dharma and be led towards enlightenment??  So how do we help these people??  Therefore, we need to think of a different approach.  One of the ways is distributing brochures.  To say that it is unskillful is not valid because this method does reach out and help certain group of people.  Maybe the people who receive this brochure may not know anything about Buddhism and Dharma Protectors.  But due to affinity, they develop instinctive faith and start reciting Dorje Shugden mantra and pray to him to help them solve their immediate problems.  And when this works and we know how the powerful Dorje Shugden can help us when we propitiate him sincerely, they will be more inclined to find out more about his practice and eventually be led to Tsongkapa teachings and practices.

Therefore, distributing Dorje Shugden brochures is one of the ways to bring people to Dharma and it is definitely not a waste of time.  It is worth it even if it can help only one person.  Imagine, what if that person happens to be you or someone you love?  There are so many types of people out there that need help.  Surely there must be more than one method to spread Dharma.  Even Lord Buddha taught 84,000 teachings to appeals to 84,000 types of mind. 

thor

« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2010, 11:40:42 PM »
It's important to introduce new people to dharma centres and meditation classes.  Lets advertise the basics first!  If leaflet dropping was such a great idea to spread the dharma, the great realised lama's would be doing just that, the fact they are not tells you something you need to know!  Ever remember what it was like to be a beginner, when everything was new to you? Gently, gently...................

Yes, protector practice is not for beginners. Yes, Dorje Shugden is a Buddha not a mere wealth god. Yes, Buddhism is not about luck, fortune and wealth, but about transformation and study.

But consider this:

Meditation and dharma classes are considered "too fast" for those who arent too keen on spirituality. "Are you trying to convert me?" "I just want to enjoy life" "I am too busy, I havent got the time" are some of the responses I hear when I tell beginners about Buddhism.

"Just give me a mantra to chant so that my life goes smoothly" - I hear this a lot too.

So the pro and anti-flyer camps are both right.

The softly softly method would work for those who are interested in dharma and meditation and that's wonderful.

And for those who are purely materialistic at this point in time, yet superstitious enough to try foreign 'gods' or familiar enough with eastern culture and religion to try out a wishfulfilling mantra, go for the flyers man!

If it brings Dorje Shugden to a new crowd of beginners, i'm all for it. We may disagree about the methods but if no one is hurt, let each and every person do their little bit to spread his practice. And that's devotion.

a friend

« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2010, 04:54:20 AM »

Dear Ranger, you are going to believe I'm nuts, but I have a very good feeling for the brochure. My only restriction was the misuse of a sacred image of a Buddha (our Protector) like throwing it to a garbage bin or some such. But the same could be said about publishing Dharma books, you never know how many people will carelessly step on them or mistreat them one way or another. Still you publish them, due to the few or many that hopefully will benefit from them. Same with the brochure. If it can hook one person or a million people to such a beneficial Being as our divine Wisdom Buddha Dorjeshugden, and then, all of these practitioners so happy with their virtuous action of printing and distributing the brochure, their benefit counts too of course ... then I feel something very nice in my heart.

Our generation had a brief and ideal Spring of Dharma, with our holy Gurus who came from the Land of Snows. Now, most of those giants are gone. The times degenerate rapidly. Any action in favor of beings that does not distort Dharma is like answering a 911 call from our beloved mother sentient beings. If there is no serious harm then the slightest benefit, direct or potential, is indeed welcome.

theloneranger

« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2010, 07:16:59 AM »

Dear Ranger, you are going to believe I'm nuts, but I have a very good feeling for the brochure.

Yes i think you're all nuts  ;D but then again i'm probably nuts to. We got nut's people advising the other nuts people what to do. ??? |It's like the blind leading the blind!   I had a special feeling once about a girl, infact  special feelings about a few girls. The feelings turned out to be deceptive, and all the girls turned out to be nuts! Rely on sound buddhist logic not your feelings!  How about calling this website, 'THE HOLY CHURCH OF DORJE SHUGDEN' ???  We can swap the 'Kelsang' for 'brother' to ???