Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 230415 times)

Gypsy

Re: DS brochure
« Reply #495 on: January 13, 2012, 05:38:34 PM »
I really enjoyed reading TK's reply, what you've written made a lot of sense to me!

At first glance of the brochure, i really thought it was a waste of time and effort to print brochure and some more stick a deity card on it, distribute to all over the place? For some people, especially the skeptical to religion ones, even though they see such card on the street or malls, they wouldn't dare to take home. Reason being they do not know who dorje shugden is and why would they want to believe what's written in the brochure is true and it is not harmful to them? hhhm..this can relate to the education and maybe the "promotion" part..to let people know who is Dorje Shugden is very important.

After reading TK's post, i find that my "fear" of being harmed by DS because of not knowing who he is, is very foolish and it's a result of lack of knowledge. If we read about what imprint is, giving out brochure or any form of promotional materials on the street is a great way to spread DS and plant seeds in their mind, make a connection to DS in this life.

dorjeshudgen.com has been doing so much to promote DS practice and the working team behind this website shows us their determination and persistent of never give up. The educational part has been inspiring and beneficial. Thank you for working tirelessly for us to gain more knowledge.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #496 on: January 23, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »
1,400 Dorje Shugden brochures distributed. Will be arranging for many more to be passed out.

TK

thaimonk

« Reply #497 on: January 23, 2012, 09:56:41 PM »
600 brochures generously passed out to many people. It was really enjoyable beyond words.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #498 on: January 24, 2012, 12:37:03 PM »
I just passed out 250 brochures on 22nd of January it was really a lot of joy to share Dorje Shugden with everyone. I hope the seeds of Manjushri will be strongly imprinted for all who see, touch and read the brochure.

Mana

« Reply #499 on: January 24, 2012, 01:15:35 PM »
Dear friends, Please read the message we recieved along with two pictures. I just had to post it here. Imagine. In far away Singapore, people are downloading, printing and distributing brochures and Shugden graphic novels (comics). We have all this available on the home page so people can do this. It's available for download for free. We thank our Dharma friends in the Exotic East for spreading Dorje Shugden.

Mana

Please see the message below we recieved.

"At Ngee Ann City "Jade Buddha for Universal Peace" event hosted by Amitabha Buddhist Centre which is a part of FPMT.

They have about 10 monks from Kopan Monastery here together with their resident Lama Khen Rinpoche Geshe Thubten Chonyi who is going to stay in Singapore for about 8months.

They have Tara, Dzambala and Buddha Sakyamuni section for people to make offering, a Kuan Yin sand Mandala, souvenir booth.

Shugden brochures and Shugden comic books are at their book section. People were taking the brochure and keeping it after reading. Quite popular. Two comic books were taken by 2 different families as well."

Friends of Shugden 

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:30:03 PM by Mana »

Galen

• Email
« Reply #500 on: January 24, 2012, 03:12:59 PM »
Over the last 5 months, a few friends and I managed to passed out around 6000 brochures all over a few suburbs in my city. It is a wonderful experience going out there and give out the brochures in a small group! We help spread DS as well as have some fun together doing it! We do it 2 times a month.  :D :D

Mana

« Reply #501 on: January 24, 2012, 03:26:52 PM »
Over the last 5 months, a few friends and I managed to passed out around 6000 brochures all over a few suburbs in my city. It is a wonderful experience going out there and give out the brochures in a small group! We help spread DS as well as have some fun together doing it! We do it 2 times a month.  :D :D

Galen, You and your friends are really devoted to Shugden. It's wonderful how you are giving brochures away. Your lama must have really taught you well and you have so much faith in Shugden and do something about it. All the monks and people in Tibet/India/Nepal who suffered because of the ban would be uplifted if they knew what you were doing. Let their suffering not be in vain as we continue our work in disseminating Shugden.  Mana :)

Manjushri

« Reply #502 on: January 24, 2012, 04:42:54 PM »
I was reading this post, and I remembered I had a picture of something really interesting!!! I was in a taxi in Bangkok, and I saw this in the taxi I was on!! Let me share it with you guys..it's so exciting, when out of the blue, you are greeted with something that totally blows you off guard.

It made me realised that whatever all of you here have put your efforts in, irregardless of whether you know it will benefit others or not, I wanted to show you that your hardwork in benefitting others through these brochures have not gone to vain. It does benefit others, and plant imprints within their mindstreams. Keep doing it! I have been inspired by all of you to download the various brochures available here, print them and share it with others.

Carpenter

« Reply #503 on: January 24, 2012, 07:15:05 PM »
Hehe, after knowing Dorje Shugden and been doing his practice, I also trying like what this website shown to me, sincere and dedication, therefore, lately, I spent some of my free time to go get some brochures ready and went out to the nearby area to do some distribution.

For the past 2 days I manage to distribute over 1000 copies of brochures with a few of my friends, and we even pass it to people who are hanging out and wondering what they want in life.

Thank you webmaster for letting me know what is the purpose in my life besides working and playing, it is very meaningful especially when seeing people flipping through the brochures and get interested in it.

kurava

• Email
« Reply #504 on: January 24, 2012, 11:51:53 PM »
Yes, if you have tasted the benefits of DS, wouldn't you want to share with more people out there?

I had downloaded from this website hundreds of copies of the deity cards and brought them along with me for distribution whenever I travel overseas. I'm surprised how openly and readily the people accepted these cards once I told them that it's a Buddha of protection and good conditions. If they don't want, they usually will just politely shake their heads.

Good work , everyone! Share the knowledge, share the benefits !

dsdisciple

« Reply #505 on: January 25, 2012, 08:45:11 AM »
Wow,
Little steps delivered my first 200 brochures this week and had a lot of fun doing it ;D

I am lucky to have the flexibility and opportunity to deliver brochures during and after working hours...so will definitely do more!! ;D

I live in a small CTA pro HHDL area so it's high time we had an opposing balance of views for people to decide on the issue of DS ban.

xo

vajrastorm

« Reply #506 on: January 26, 2012, 08:40:43 AM »
Distributing brochures to spread Dorje Shugden sounded so much like a fun way of making DS and the benefits of practicing Him known all over the world. My Dharma friend(another DS practitioner) and I decided to do it in our neighbourhood. So she downloaded the brochure and deity card from this website and printed many copies of them.

A couple of nights ago we went on this exciting mission of distributing DS brochures. Both of us were as excited as small kids. We went to where we knew plenty of people would hang out, places like eateries, the market place with its many shops and mini markets and so on. Unfortunately, though it was the dead of night, there were still night revellers hanging around. Nevertheless, we cautiously made our way and distributed the brochures, always thinking that whoever receive them the next day would make connection with a Buddha and receive his benefits if they decide to pray to him. We managed to distribute dozens of brochures! This will be the start of more rounds of distribution to come.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #507 on: January 26, 2012, 05:36:20 PM »
PLease share more stories and adventures of distributing the brochures, many people have immediately read and kept the brochures once they have gotten it. It is both a great blessing and planting imprints of Manjushri in them.Imprints can never be underestimated.

There was a story whereby this old man requested to be ordained Buddha Shakyamuni asked his enlightened arhats to see is this person was suitable to be ordained. The arhats due their clairvoyance scanned the person's past lives and found that he did not have any imprints to engage in Buddha Dharma as Arhats still had a limited power to see into past lives as compared to a full enlightened BUddha. Hence the Arhats said he cannot be ordained. But the BUddha's clairvoyance was limitless and he could see countless lifetimes ago this man was a woodcutter and one day this woodcutter was in the forest and he encountered a tiger, and he climbed a tree as the tiger was going up the tree to attack him the woodcutter proclaimed 'homage to the buddha' and that was his imprint towards buddhahood. Imprints are never to be underestimated.

Mana

« Reply #508 on: January 27, 2012, 01:55:00 AM »
Another 1,800 brochures of Shugden distributed. Mana

valeriecheung

« Reply #509 on: January 28, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »
As a beginning trial i am distributing 1,000 brochures each month in my city. Hehehe...very excited doing this to share with others .