Author Topic: Speak, rap...and swim for Dorje Shugden!  (Read 15026 times)

Aurore

Re: Speak, rap...and swim for Dorje Shugden!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 05:26:29 PM »
You guys comes up with the most brilliant ideas and from all angles making sure there is mass appeal.

Each of these individuals have very distinctive and varied ways of showing their dedication towards DS.
1. The girl shows much sincerity and love
2. Underwater man - it's not easy to keep one's breath underwater for long! Not to mention the camera man has got to do the same. All the trouble for dedication to DS. Well worth it though.
3. The rapper raps awesome and is fully utilising what he can do really well to show his love to DS.

Hope to see more of this!

DharmaDefender

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 10:47:25 AM »
I think these days, people are just as inspired with Great Lamas, yogis and so forth as well as very sincere practitioners. This particularly applies to people who don't know Dharma or know very little Dharma. Hence, many Lamas these days exhibit ordinary behavior and many even appear in lay clothes, partners, hobbies and careers in a bid to get closer to the masses.

So when they teach, they are able to elucidate not only the Buddha's teachings but through experience of having gone through ordinary experiences. However, although great Lamas of today exhibit such behavior but they have never given up on their vows and commitments towards the Dharma. Their commitment to spread Dharma may seem unconventional but they do it because of powerful aspirations and skillful means.

Anyway, I found this to be a very interesting sharing of Dorje Shugden practitioners from the New Kadampa Tradition of England. What's nice is that they are all ordinary practitioners with very ordinary  experiences of how Dorje Shugden practice had assisted them in their daily lives. That in itself is inspirational because not many people have heard of practitioners explaining their experience of practicing Dorje Shugden.

Dorje Shugden Worship in the West   

Hmmm not so keen on that New Kadampa vid tho I can see where their going with that. Ive never been a fan of the softly softly approach...and it doesnt really match Dorje Shugdens wrathful energy. Gota say tho, their branding is pretty consistent and clearly it works for a lot of people.

LOL at Aurore...the rapper raps awesome? Alrighty then.

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 05:48:14 AM »
It's awesome how people express their love for Dorje Shugden in such different and creative ways. No matter how old you are, what gender your or what nationality you are, Dorje Shugden is here to help you if you believe in him. Wow! That sounds so Christian but it is true. This practice is being embraced by a wide section of society across many borders and not limited a "small cult" as the CTA dishonestly asserts.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »
The videos are amazing and for me it shows that this the way forward is Dorje Shugden and that the future is bright the future is Dorje Shugden.

Hundreds or thousands years ago perhaps the people who could express Dorje Shugden artistically were thangka painters, artisans and so on now the playing is so equal these days and with so much media types available there so many creative ways to share and get Dorje Shugden OUT THERE. The fantastic 9 are so awesome.

honeydakini

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 09:13:59 PM »
Hmmm not so keen on that New Kadampa vid tho I can see where their going with that. Ive never been a fan of the softly softly approach...and it doesnt really match Dorje Shugdens wrathful energy. Gota say tho, their branding is pretty consistent and clearly it works for a lot of people.

Oh I'm definitely one who likes the softly softly approach haha so videos like this do work for me. I think that's one of the unique things about our Protector, that he can be depicted in both wrathful and peaceful ways. And while he does have a wrathful energy, there is always a great deal of underlying gentleness and kindliness (well, this is true for all Buddhas), so the peaceful energy comes through too. The images of Dharmapala in NKT are all peaceful too, and I have recently been seeing very beautiful images of him on this website too (a new favourite here: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/downloads/images/peaceful-dorje-shugden/). I think most other protectors are portrayed in very wrathful ways - Palden Lhamo, Kalarupa, all the forms of Mahakala etc. There are also many very traditional old images of Dorje Shugden in Tibet which are much more fierce. The energy of Dorje Shugden has that uniqueness that he can be viewed in either way. I personally feel that he is like an old benevolent uncle and in my visualisations see him as a kindly, gentle old monk, not a wrathful one.

I do understand your preference for the wrathful imagery though. I have many friends within my community who have a very strong affinity for the wrathful deities. And that's precisely the beauty of it all. That Dorje Shugden can be wrathful, peaceful, modern, old, transformed into a rap, calming, powerful in inciting action. I think this is also why videos like these work so well. It doesn't seem unlikely, or disrespectful or unusual precisely because Dorje Shugden reaches so many people in such a versatile, personal way for each person.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 04:34:14 AM »
There's just so many different ways to express your love for the Dharma protector and there is no limit how the ways may be. It's not just by chanting or doing pujas that you can express your love and appreciation for the Dharma protector, it can be through song and dance as well :) these are the signs that Dorje Shugden is moving on with the times and that he is not as archaic and not practiced as most of his detractors want to believe. He is in fact, very popular and alive!