Author Topic: Gangchen Rinpoche receiving Appreciation Award from H.H. The Supreme Patriarch o  (Read 5839 times)

DharmaSpace

Gangchen Rinpoche receiving Appreciation Award from H.H. The Supreme Patriarch of Thailand Ven Rewata Dhamma

I thought this was a beautiful picture of Sangha from different traditions coming together. I find the picture even more meaningful now since Dorje Shudgen is spreading like wild fire in Thailand. And Theravada monks have a lot of realisations and many have powers that enable them to benefit their followers much better.  So its highly unlikely the highest authorities within Theravadan Thai would be deceived if Gangchen Lama was worshipping a spirit.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Dear Dharmaspace

Thanks for posting this lovely photo! Do you know when this Appreciation Award was given to Gangchen Rinpoche and also what does Supreme Patriarch of Thailand mean? Is Ven Rewata Dhamma like the position of the Dalai Lama or the Pope of Thailand? I tried searching for information about the award but came up with zilch.

Cheers!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

kurava

• Email
Wow, the Thai Sangha is very open. They recognize  virtues and reward individuals based on their pure deeds without any political agenda.

Its not only the Sangha that is open minded, ordinary folks there are also very receptive. My friend who recently returned from Thailand , was pleasantly surprised to see many shops openly have DS on their shrines. Shop owners vowed that business improved tremendously since DS was invited by them.

The Protector certainly helps to clear obstacle and bestow conducive conditions for spiritual practice  ;D

DharmaSpace

sorry @wisdombeing I posted this picture as I felt its important for people to know, lamas who rely on dorje shugden there  are others non dorje shugden practitioners and other monks from other buddhist traditions who can also see their great qualities as easily as one can see the sun in daytime.

I could not find any information about this occasion as well.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Thanks for the reply, DharmaSpace. I tried looking for info and couldn't find it either but nonetheless, thank you again for posting this pic. I do love to see photos of Dorje Shugden Lamas. I must say that I hardly hear about Tibetan Buddhism in Thailand. I would love to hear more info about it if anyone has any to share. I've read about Gangchen Rinpoche visiting Borobodur in Indonesia but if he has visited Thailand, it's pretty low key.

On the subject of Thailand, I just wanted to mention that it's great that there's now a Thai website on Dorje Shugden. i hope there will be many more versions in different languages. It's wonderful that people are willing to work so hard to make sure good, researched, accurate information with photos etc is available.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

whitelion

It's very happy to see a DS lama's work recognize by the another Buddhist master from different school of Buddhism. Because instead of just focusing who is practice the ''evil'' protector, i'm sure holy monks in the Thailand will judge based on the contribution to the society.
most of the people always forget how much love and care that all the DS lamas have given up to people around the world, how many of them brought dharma to the west and benefiting people there. Just because they are worshipinging Dorje Shugden so they are bad ? This conclution is so stupid.
I hope Gangchen Rinpoche and all other high lama who spent their time, love and care to the people all live long and always in a wonderful health.

DharmaSpace

Just because they are worshipinging Dorje Shugden so they are bad ? This conclusion is so stupid.

@whitelion you are so right, well people can even criticise Mother Teresa, she goes and cuddles the sick and ill in  the filth of Calcutta and still people see faults in her. Yes you have 100 attributes all of it benefits people, and one attribute is relying on Dorje Shugden for that you are labeled evil it is not logical at all.

pgdharma

Wow, the Thai Sangha is very open. They recognize  virtues and reward individuals based on their pure deeds without any political agenda.

Its not only the Sangha that is open minded, ordinary folks there are also very receptive. My friend who recently returned from Thailand , was pleasantly surprised to see many shops openly have DS on their shrines. Shop owners vowed that business improved tremendously since DS was invited by them.

The Protector certainly helps to clear obstacle and bestow conducive conditions for spiritual practice  ;D
Totally agree with you, kurava. I am so happy to see a Thai monk who recognized the work of a Tibetan Lama  without any political agenda. 

I checked the Thai website even though I don't understand the language and found many photos of Dorje Shugden shrines set up and the Thais are  very receptive and make beautiful offerings on the altars. I heard from a friend too that the Thais loved the Dorje Shugden pendants which they can wear or hang  in their cars. And the photos  and brochures of Dorje Shugden are snapped up like hot cakes. The Thais loved Dorje Shugden. Most of them claimed that since praying to Dorje Shugden, their business and their lives have improved a lot. How wonderful!

DSFriend

Thanks DharmaSpace for this picture!

Never mix politics with dharma! This picture says it all, that compassionate works are recognized in attained beings, irregardless of traditions, cultures, and religion.

Ensapa

• Email
I cannot tell you how happy I am to see the picture and how happy I am to see that Lama Gangchen's work and name has grown to such a huge extent! CTA may not like him, but it does not limit his Dharma activities. He is based in Italy now, and he can travel freely into Tibet, is the royal healer for the Bhutanese royal family and have started a series of self healing practices. See CTA, it is your loss that you do not want Lama Gangchen because he can do really well on his own without your approval or support.