Author Topic: Haiyan - Sad news, but Tzu Chi did a good job  (Read 12720 times)

kris

Haiyan - Sad news, but Tzu Chi did a good job
« on: November 16, 2013, 04:07:16 PM »
It is very sad indeed for typhoon Haiyan to hit Philippine and causes so much casualties. If you look at the satellite images of before and after the typhoon here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/11/15/8-maps-that-explain-why-typhoon-haiyan-hit-the-philippines-so-hard/

However, it is good to hear that Tzu Chi Foundation is acting fast on this matter and had setup command center near the disaster area. Tzu Chi has very well trained personnel in disaster recovery and has been very helpful in critical times as such..

http://www.tzuchi.org.sg/eng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1529:tzu-chi-begins-relief-operation-for-philippines&catid=121:2013-news&Itemid=595
http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201311120027.aspx

Freyr Aesiragnorak

Re: Haiyan - Sad news, but Tzu Chi did a good job
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 05:10:36 AM »
I admire Tzu Chi Foundation in its efforts to aid those who are effected by typhoon Haiyan. They are a great example of compassion in action. This is something that I have seen not really emphasized that much among western Buddhist centres. They are setting a good example of what should be done. The only problem of doing something like this in the west would be the lack of man-power. The west is still self-centered. They other day I saw an elderly lady fall over on the street, and most people either carried on walking or laughed at her. Can you believe that!!! I was making my way over to her to help her up, but a young girl beat me to it. This young girl was all glamored up, wearing high heels and make-up. She in no way looked the sort of person who you'd think would help but she did, much to my surprise. If people in the west still can't even help this old lady, I wonder if we could ever band together to help so quickly and efficiently as Tzu Chi Foundation. Don't get me wrong, charitable organisations are big in the west. But most people have that attitude "Oh, I've donated some money to them, so I don't need to help out physically. I've done my part." But this young girl gives me hope. We prayed for all those who have lost their lives in this tragic natural disaster and as well for those that remain behind.

bambi

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 04:55:17 PM »
Bravo Tzu Chi! You make me rejoice always at what you do! Always out there doing something that benefits many! There is this one thing I realise about Tzu Chi. Many of these people are not in Tzu Chi for for spiritual reasons I have heard. They are there because of charity, the cause to help as many as they can. I love what Master Zheng Yan has done for the foundation! Bringing people together to do charity, generating positive karma, learning how to be compassionate, generous, kind and most of all, thinking of others instead of themselves. Thank you Tzu Chi for such beautiful causes!

dondrup

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 06:39:36 PM »
It would not be an overstatement to say that Tzu Chi Foundation (TCF) is considered the most successful Buddhist Non Governmental Organisation in the World today.

Inspired by Dharma Master Cheng Yen, TCF have well established centres and networks around the World in many countries. Its mission is to help and benefit humanity. Compassion is their motto!

Here is a story about Dharma Master Cheng Yen and her Tzu Chi Foundation.

http://www.culture.tw/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1893&Itemid=157

We pray that the suffering of those affected by Haiyan Typhoon be lessened or removed with the help from Tzu Chi Foundation.

OMB

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 07:59:48 PM »
Rejoice to Master Cheng Yen and Tzu Chi Foundation for bringing  hope to millions of people all over the world. Tzu Chi’s selfless act of compassionate are admirable and inspiration to all of us.

diablo1974

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 06:35:07 AM »
Rejoice. Tzu chi always on the move whenever there is a disaster. They did a remarkable job in mobilizing the manpower and quickly and get rations needed for the victims. If there is no religious organisation at all,  do you think the government will do a better job?

RedLantern

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 09:10:01 AM »
It is sad to know in certain dark areas of the world,there are less fortunate people who are in dire need of our selfless love,care and concern.Especially most recent news like the typhoon Haiyan .
Tzu Chi's founder Master Cheng Yan four missions incorporating eight undertakings or footsteps promoted the purification of people's hearts and souls so as to attain a harmonious society in times of calamities.They yearn to soothe people effected with acts of compassion and put their kindness into actions.Tzu Chi Foundation promotes the goodness and beauty of mankind.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »
It is so sad that thousands of lives were lost and thousands more still suffering from this horrible natural disaster. But it is rejoicing news to see thousands of people all over the world pitching in to assist identifying the corpses and arranging for their burial, organizing to nurse those wounded and traumatized, clearing up the debris and so much more to be done. We see selfless compassion at work. My prayers to all.

Q

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 02:03:50 PM »
Very nice. I like how Tsu Chi practice compassion through action. The number of disaster relieves that they have aided is really uncountable on top of that, they do not expect anything in return for their kind actions.

When I first learnt about Tsu Chi foundation and read about Master Cheng Yen's biography, it totally blew my mind. I read her bio that was written by one of her pioneer students. It really is amazing how much she and her first few students went through to bring Tsu Chi together and to benefit others. I couldn't stop reading stories of Master Cheng Yen because she has gone through so much and benefited so many people along the way.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 11:58:30 AM »
So glad to read of these selfless individuals of Tzu Chi Foundation. They are always there on sites of some terrible disasters to bring relief to the victims and helping out in all sorts of means. One can easily recognize them in their navy blue top and white pants looking very neat and ready to help. I admire Master Cheng Yen for her ability to touch on the heart of so many people and inspire them to give their time and energy to serving and helping those in time of tragedy.

pgdharma

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 01:54:52 PM »
It is very sad that Haiyan Typhoon caused so much damage and so many lives were lost. Amidst this natural disaster, it is good to know that many organizations as well as individuals combined effort either in cash or kind and manpower to help bring some relief and lessened the sufferings of those survivors affected by the typhoon. My prayers to all survivors that they may be healed in body and mind.

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 02:07:11 PM »
It is very sad indeed to hear of Haiyan Typhoon that caused so many lives. Our prayers goes to the victim and the victim's families. It is also good to know that Tzu Chi did a great job to help the affected people.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 03:10:11 PM »
Its good to have such a huge organisation like Tzu Chi in this case to help out whenever there are natural disaster happened. Master Cheng Yen did a very good job as she is emphasising on charity work to attract members into the Tzu Chi foundation. By using this method based on charity work, pupils will generic compassion and learning to help others will definitely generate some merits although themselves might not know it. Because i think some of the students who are part of Tzu Chi foundation might not be interested in learning Buddhism. Good Job Tzu Chi!!!

Manjushri

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 03:49:32 PM »
A natural disaster is unavoidable but each and everyone of us has a choice to choose what we want to do after the catastrophe.

Tzu Chi is extremely admirable for all they do to help ease and alleviate the sufferings of others. From hospitals and schools to special task force to react to any emergency situation, they are well organized and structured to handle the needs of everyone. Look at the systematic pictures of the volunteers, the feeling of serenity exuding from them knowing what they are doing will go to helping others.. Helping others is really the way to go to looking for inner happiness and peace.

Huge credits to Tzu Chi for establishing themselves as who they are in today's self-absorbed society. It's something to celebrate for its rare to find people working for others. Their leader must be an amazing, kind person.

brian

• Email
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 04:03:09 PM »
It is so good to have such a huge (not only in size but in terms of beneficial to the public), being able to do so much for others in times of need. They really showed many of us a great example of how to become an organisation that can benefit people so consistently and for this i am very happy for them and may this be an inspiration to other charity organisation to emulate such a successful organisation all over Asia.