Author Topic: Hearsay: Dalai Lama encourages to continue Shugden practice  (Read 18506 times)

Namdrol

• Email
Hearsay: Dalai Lama encourages to continue Shugden practice
« on: March 25, 2012, 10:52:41 PM »
I know this is just hearsay and there is no way to prove this, but just want to post this up for information sake.

A person called Billy Feng posted in a Chinese forum (http://bbs.tibetcul.com/read.php?tid=126782&page=7) that he is a Dorje Shugden practitioner and he took part in Dalai Lama's Kalachakra initiation, and his group of friends that went along are from all four sects and they knew that he practises Shugden but they are fine with it because they know that it is just a political issue, and he personally received blessing from the Dalai Lama and the Dalai Lama did not ask him to stop Shugden practise. And another Tibetan friend that went along had a private audience with the Dalai Lama and consulted the Dalai Lama about Shugden, the Dalai Lama replied that he should continue his Shugden practise.

from: http://bbs.tibetcul.com/read.php?tid=126782&page=7, see attached pic for the post in chinese.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:54:36 PM by Admin »

dsiluvu

Re: Hearsay: Dalai Lama encourages to continue Shugden practice
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 11:47:51 PM »
Gosh Namdrol... is this for real??? If it is then HURRAY!!!

All this time our hunch and strong hopes that HHDL is spreading Dorje Shugden together would be true and this really does make everything we've been discussing on this forum; the illogical reasons given by HHDL about the ban, the fact that he allows HH Trijang Choktrul to continue DS practice, the fact that HHDL starts a controversy knowing the consequences He and his people will face, the fact that China will surely be in doubly favour to DS due to his strong opposition... every little puzzle would probably make sense if this was true.

It just simply goes to show that HHDL is definitely making Dorje Shugden famous and embraced by the world and well by the biggest super power of nations today - China. Otherwise why allow and say ok to practising Dorje Shugden to a Chinese. And why the sudden green light to go ahead and continue practise to the Tibetan guy? It all does not make any sense except for those facts we've been debating and believing. H.H Trijang Rinpoche's forewarn us not to take sides from HHDL nor Dorje Shugden becomes a light for we can see clearly why now.

Thanks for this very interesting insightful info. There is much hope. Lift the ban!

triesa

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 08:33:10 AM »
Thank you Namdrol, it is indeed a good hearsay!

We cant confirm this but looking at  how things unfold, it is highly possible that Dalai Lama said as what Billy Feng has reported.

Dalai Lama has shown a much more relaxed attitude towards Shugden in one of his talk early this year in India, he did not bash it hard on the ban but just mentioned that there seemed to be more and more  people practising Dorje Shugden especially in Asia.

Anyway, I rejoice in this news and may there be more like this! May the ban be lifted one day!!!

Zach

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 08:37:00 AM »
Interesting. :)

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:25:58 PM »
I don't think this is hearsay. I think that this is the time that HHDL is starting to relax against the ban, in preparation for the ban to be lifted. In due time, there will be more and more people who will report that the Dalai Lama is starting to allow Dorje Shugden practitioners to his teachings, and also encourage people to even do his practice in private audiences. When that happens, the ban will dissolve on its own accord.

This is more proof that HHDL was never against Dorje Shugden but the ban was actually for a different purpose and HHDL did not do it because of his grudge with Dorje Shugden. A lot of people do not realize that despite the ban HHDL has not really been serious in going against Dorje Shugden although he publicly asked them to stop practicing but he keeps the emanations of Dorje Shugden around him and close to him as well.

I can only imagine the amount of shock and disbelief that the really anti Dorje Shugden clique realizes that they have been accumulating huge amounts of negative karma when the ban is lifted and that they wish they have not do what they did and to not just believe in hearsay without much investigation beforehand as doing so does have disastrous results. Then they will realize how stupid they were and regret their actions but then it will be too late.

However it is, this is a very interesting development in the process of the ban and it goes to show that nothing is what they seem, and that taking things only on their face value and doing things just to get into the correct political camp has its consequences.

Zach

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 07:33:59 AM »
If this is true its a positive sign :)

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 09:23:11 AM »
This "hearsay" I would like to believe and I always feel that the Dalai Lama is has a bigger picture in mind. He may openly "ban" the practice but in private it may be very different. I rejoice if it is true.

In time to come, he may slowly "lift" the ban until a day it will be officially lifted.

What we can do is encourage as many people to practice the protector and create the condition for the ban to be lifted. Lets' make the Dalai Lama's work easier.

Tammy

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 10:54:22 AM »
Thank you for the good news! There is HOPE after all and behind every cloud, there IS silver lining !!! Hurray!

I have believe HHDL has a grand plan for spread DS practise far and wide.. why would he ban the practice while it was the practice that his tutors held dear? and why would he allow Trijiang Rinpoche to continue practice while he issued ban to the rest of the Buddhist community ?

I am so looking forward to the day the ban is finally lifted! So many more people will be blessed by the mighty protector once it is practiced openly.
Down with the BAN!!!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 12:27:07 PM »
Thank you for the good news! There is HOPE after all and behind every cloud, there IS silver lining !!! Hurray!

I have believe HHDL has a grand plan for spread DS practise far and wide.. why would he ban the practice while it was the practice that his tutors held dear? and why would he allow Trijiang Rinpoche to continue practice while he issued ban to the rest of the Buddhist community ?

I am so looking forward to the day the ban is finally lifted! So many more people will be blessed by the mighty protector once it is practiced openly.

Dorje Shugden will spread far and wide. As a human saint's name spreads far and wide as a result of his or her deeds, what more can be said of a divine being that has done so much for the Dharma in his previous incarnations? One just needs to look at the deeds that Dorje Shugden's previous incarnations have done and what his form as a Dharma protector has done and can do to protect the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa as well as protect and provide for sincere practitioners at this time.

With such huge amount of good deeds, what can stop Dorje Shugden? I do not think anything much will stop Dorje Shugden from advancing and helping infinite amounts of sentient beings. It was him that saved the Dalai Lama from the Chinese invasion. It was also him who recognized Lama Zopa. And it was also him who has vowed to protect Gelugpa and look at how Gelugpa has grown since!

Before we hire or accept someone, we will need to check their credentials and will only accept those with the best credentials. Should it not be the same with a Dharma protector? His past incarnations and also the results of his works speak volumes of his capabilities and his true nature. Is there anything else to debate upon? I don't think so. After learning so much about Dorje Shudgden's true nature and credentials it can be quite hard to say no to him.

The ban can only slow down the spread of Dorje Shugden, if not increase and spread it even further. There is no way that such a powerful Dharma protector can be stopped by just a measly ban, unless he is laying low for a bigger reason and to allow the Dalai Lama to "pin" him down…perhaps in due time we will be able to see the true intentions of the ban.

pgdharma

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 02:24:59 PM »
This is indeed a good hearsay and a good sign that HHDL is slowly relaxing the ban. I always believe that HHDL has a bigger picture in mind with the ban. If not, why should he tell the Chinese and Tibetan guy that they should continue Shugden practice. Will we be able to hear more comments like this from others in the near future? If we do then there is much hope that the ban will be lifted. So many people will benefit from the lifting of the ban and be blessed by Dorje Shugden.

Carpenter

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 08:05:24 PM »
Whether is it hearsay or real, I would not surprise Dalai Lama encourage anyone to continue, as an emanation of Compassion, will Dalai Lama hurt someone because of his own desire? I don’t think so.

In this ban, I’ve seen how Dorje Shugden Practitioner grows stronger:

Developed strong faith in Dorje Shugden, they never abandon Dorje Shugden’s practice even being pushed to the edge.
Developed forgiveness, they forgive people who hurt them.
Developed patient, they patiently wait for the day the ban lifted and not fight back.
Developed Kindness, besides facing the harsh situation like this, they never forget to care for the people around.

So many qualities that these practitioners are having now, is Dalai Lama really banning this practice or encouraging this practice? I’m sure everyone will have your answer.

bambi

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 04:44:08 AM »
This is the best hearsay EVER! If this is really what it seems then I guess the ban will be lifted very soon. How auspicious! Since Lord Dorje Shugden is a Buddha, He cannot be silenced nor defeated by anyone including the HHDL! The truth will prevail! If HHDL can say this to these group of people whom He don't know, imagine what have He been telling practitioners who are closer to Him. Also imagine when the ban is lifted and China goes full force, how many more people will benefit from it? Not including the rest of the world yet! Hooray! Can't wait for the day when ALL IS WELL!

triesa

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 08:08:18 AM »
Outwardly as what we see, Dalai Lama initiated the ban, Lama Zopa stopped his practice, and Samdhong Rinpoche, an enmanation of Dorje Shugden himself, carried out his duties for Dalai Lama to implement the ban during the time he was the kolan tripa of CTA.

Somtimes I just wonder what Dalai Lama, Lama Zopa, or Samdhong Rinpoche are thinking inside, if everything is done for this GRAND picture for the spread of DS practice far and wide, they must be happily giggling inside now.

Who knows what these wisdom beings see behind all our negative karma, all our delusions and all of our obstacles before many more could have the merits to receive the blessings of Dorje Shugden.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 08:18:57 AM »
If this story is NOT hearsay, then for those who hate the Dalai Lama because of the ban – please try to lessen the animosity towards the Dalai Lama.

Regardless whether this is hearsay or not, I think this news should encourage ALL of us Dorje Shugden practitioners to be in harmony and work together as Buddhists for the lifting of the ban and the spreading of Dorje Shugden practice.

Why do we want to lift the ban after all? For myself, I’m in England, where I can have a Satanic séance in the middle of Hyde Park if I want to. There is full freedom of religion here. However, despite this superficial freedom of religion in the west, there is a thinly (and sometimes not so thinly) veiled animosity when I openly tell other Buddhists that my protector is Dorje Shugden. All because of the ban.

I am hoping that when the ban is lifted, then some of the people I meet – from FPMT and other schools – will not look at me as a leper. I am also fighting for the lifting of the ban also for the monks in the monasteries who have been suppressed. I’m hoping that when the ban is lifted, then all Tibetan children can go to school and those from Dorje Shugden families will no longer be ostracised.

I also want the ban to be lifted so many more people all around the world can freely propitiate this powerful Dharma Protector who is so suitable for our time.

Let’s do what we can now – via distributing brochures, sending letters, supporting Dorje Shugden monasteries, supporting this website, supporting each other etc. so that we can create more causes for the ban to be lifted faster!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Galen

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 11:11:33 AM »
If this is true, then it is good news that we can rejoice and that the ban will be lifted soon enough.

Why would the Dalai Lama do this since he was quite adamant previously in the ban? Maybe it is because he is no longer the head of the CTA and he does not have to answer to why he can't get Tibetan Independence soon enough. Cos all this time, the reason was given that Dorje Shugden practitioners are the ones hindering the independence. He now has Dr. Lobsang Sangey to fight for Tibetan Autonomy instead and that is why he can relax his stand on Dorje Shugden practice. This is my take on this "hearsay"

Like what Wisdom Being said, we can do more to help in lifting the ban sooner since there are signs from the Dalai Lama is relaxing the ban. By distributing brochures, sending letters...etc, a collective positive merit bank created from these activities to lift the ban sooner!