Author Topic: Samdhong Rinpoche re-starts Shugden according to phayul.com's forum  (Read 14122 times)

Zach

Re: Samdhong Rinpoche re-starts Shugden according to phayul.com's forum
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 06:07:13 PM »
Apparently this isnt true !

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 05:51:55 AM »
Zach, how do you know? Who did you hear it from?

it makes sense for Samdhong Rinpoche to be a Shugden practitioner but perhaps he is not officially out of the closet yet. Perhaps the rumour is premature! Anyone have any other more concrete info?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Zach

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 08:23:09 AM »
Zach, how do you know? Who did you hear it from?

it makes sense for Samdhong Rinpoche to be a Shugden practitioner but perhaps he is not officially out of the closet yet. Perhaps the rumour is premature! Anyone have any other more concrete info?

I think the rumour is very premature nothing has happened yet no concrete evidence.

thaimonk

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »
Well whether it's true or not, it sure is interesting news for sure. But even if we cannot confirm at this time, it is a possible scenario all the same considering Samdhong Rinpoche's recent daring speech about the real reason he worked for Dalai Lama all these years.

The speech by Samdhong Rinpoche did not go well with the Tibetan Communities. Since Dalai Lama had no comments regarding the speech, everyone else kept quiet.

Gaden Trisur defecting to Shar Gaden has evoked zero comments from Dalai Lama followed by the rest of the Tibetan communities.

Again, the scenario of Samdhong Rinpoche regaining his Shugden practice is not out of the realm of the impossible.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 03:50:17 PM »
Just to add to what thaimonk said, I am amazed, but happy of course, to hear that Gaden Trisur's throne is still in the Gaden Lachi, and i believe so is Trijang Rinpoche's throne? The fact that these two thrones are still in Gaden monastery even though their ladrangs have moved to Shar Gaden shows another contradiction. Why are the thrones of two so-called demon worshippers allowed to remain in Gaden monastery?

Mana

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 03:54:21 PM »
Just to add to what thaimonk said, I am amazed, but happy of course, to hear that Gaden Trisur's throne is still in the Gaden Lachi, and i believe so is Trijang Rinpoche's throne? The fact that these two thrones are still in Gaden monastery even though their ladrangs have moved to Shar Gaden shows another contradiction. Why are the thrones of two so-called demon worshippers allowed to remain in Gaden monastery?

Yes Gaden Trisur's throne is still in Gaden Monastery. It has not been removed. It is in the main prayer hall called Lachi.  Mana

WisdomBeing

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 02:55:36 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation. What is also interesting is that there is NO negative comment about HH Gaden Trisur either. It's wonderful that the Tibetan administration has respect accorded to HH Gaden Trisur which he deserves.

DSFriend

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 11:05:57 AM »
Gaden Trisur - A top religious, respectable monk who held the term as Lama Tsongkhapa's throne holder did not give up and secretly and quietly practiced Dorje Shugden

Samdhong Rinpoche - A top political, respectable monk who seemed to be anti-Shugden now resumes his practice. Did he actually gave it up, but was secretly and quietly practicing the whole time?

Simple Logic -- > If top religious and political figures such as the ones above continued their practice, do you think they are the only ones or there are many more out there just doing the same until the time is right to be open in their practice again?

triesa

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 01:57:40 PM »
Shugden practitioners are true dharma practitioners....all these high lamas are demonstrating not only pure guru devotion, but also show actions louder than words.

I am pretty sure that more and more shugden practitioners  would step out of the closet when the time comes.....

DharmaSpace

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 08:58:32 AM »
It is very interesting that both Trijang Rinpoche's throne and the Gaden Trisur throne remains intact.

I was thinking why Samdhong Rinpoche's possible to return to rely on the Gyalchen Shugden should cause so much uneasiness from both sides of the fence. I guess for the people who are supporting Dorje Shugden they probably had the incorrect view that Samdhong was in a literal sense bashing Dorje Shugden all the way.

Despite the dorjeshugden website repeated claims to ask people to consider the possibility of the Dalai Lama working in sync with Dorje Shugden, much of it has fallen on deaf ears. So now is anyone denying Samdhong Rinpoche made the speech saying that he served the Dalai Lama out of guru devotion for Trijang lama?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 09:53:13 AM »
There are now postings about Samdhong Rinpoche return to Dorje Shugden fold under the freesangha forum.

I do thank Yeshe for being courageous and truthful to share his thoughts. Below was what he said.

Retiring Tibetan Prime Minister returns to Shugden practice ?
« on: September 20, 2011, 02:17:58 am »
Not long ago, the retiring Ganden Tripa resumed his Shugden practice and joined the Shar Gaden monastery, a momentous event as he was head of all Gelugpas.

It is now reported by several sources that the retiring Prime Minister of the Tibetan Government in Exile, Samdhong Rinpoche, has also resumed his Shugden practice.

This is very significant, as Samdhong Rinpoche was reportedly at the forefront of the Shugden ban, following his orders from HHDL.  It is also reported that at one time he did, however, call together the abbots of the major monasteries and expressed his dissatisfaction at the enforced signatures (promises by monks to give up Shugden or be expelled) which took place alongside rigged ballots.  Perhaps the early signs were there after all.

This leaves HHDL isolated in his demands for an end to Shugden practice as the head of his Government and the head of the Gelugpa may have both continued with Shugden practice in secret and are now publicly supporting it, and so have maintained their samaya with their Root Guru, Trijang Rinpoche.

If true, it would seem that the whole anti-Shugden movement may soon collapse, and freedom of religious practice will resume, as required under Indian law.  If confirmed this will be a cause for great celebration - except perhaps in the Nechung oracle's camp.

WoselTenzin

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 10:55:58 AM »
The recent development of prominent Lamas "changing camps" to the DS side is indeed something for all of us to think about.  How many people have said nasty things about Samdhong Rinpoche when he was executing the orders of the Dalai Lama? How many people have thought that Samdhong Rinpoche was under the instructions of his root guru Trijang Rinpoche to serve the Dalai Lama and to "give up" his DS practice and he was doing what he did due to his Guru Devotion?

Well I think this is a lesson for all of us to think about before we lashed out any criticism against anyone in the name of "protecting or standing up for what we believe" especially anything in relation to high lamas.  Our limited minds cannot perceived the intent and the minds of higher beings. 

For all we know, the entire DS ban could have been orchestrated by Trijang Rinpoche himself as mentioned by Hope Rainbow in the Thread "Re: Surprising speech by Samdhong Rinpoche".  If Trijang Rinpoche could give an instruction to Samdhong Rinpoche to serve the Dalai Lama and "give up" his DS practice, it is possible that he could have given the instruction to the Dalai Lama to imposed the ban on DS practice. After all, he is the root Guru of HH.  This huge, big, dramatic DS controversy could have been orchestrated to bring DS practice to the next level according to the karma of beings of our times. Time will tell.  Come to think of it, if Dorje Shugden is promoted in a conventional way, how many people will give any attention to it?       

As my Guru has advised, respect the Dalai Lama and be loyal to our DS practice given to us by our Guru with love.  Furthermore, if giving up our DS practice breaks our guru samaya, disrespecting the Dalai Lama is tantamount to going against our lineage lama since Dalai Lama is the lineage lama of all gelugpas in one way or another.