Author Topic: Another young lama emerges - Lama Osel  (Read 14556 times)

DharmaSpace

Re: Another young lama emerges - Lama Osel
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 08:09:31 AM »
There are many parallels between Trijang Rinpoche and Lama Osel both are not in monk's robes anymore, but that does no mean they are not doing the dharma or doing what they feel they are destined to do. Could it be telling the world they will spread the dharma through many ways, and it can be exactly what the people need now. Modern dharma for a modern society. I recall what one lama said yes I may not be in robes but that does not mean I am not practicing the dharma.

I have not read anywhere about the comments of Lama Osel on Dorje Shugden that might be a good sign, perhaps he is hiding his allegiance about his beliefs.

Lama Osel was a force of nature in bringing the dharma to the West, can' wait for this lama to come to his own.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 10:55:24 AM »
This is good news to know that Lama Osel is starting to teach. I have been looking at his facebook and I find that his teachings are light and easy to attract more lay people from the west and also east. Of course, the fact that he uses facebook as a tool of communication and spreading of dharma shows that he will attract young, progressive students. I am sure he has his methods, after all, he is the incarnation of Lama Yeshe whom is known to use methods which has attracted the west to dharma.

Now the next question will be whether Lama Osel will embrace the practice of Dorje Shugden like his previous incarnation.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 01:15:24 PM »
There are many parallels between Trijang Rinpoche and Lama Osel both are not in monk's robes anymore, but that does no mean they are not doing the dharma or doing what they feel they are destined to do. Could it be telling the world they will spread the dharma through many ways, and it can be exactly what the people need now. Modern dharma for a modern society. I recall what one lama said yes I may not be in robes but that does not mean I am not practicing the dharma.

I have not read anywhere about the comments of Lama Osel on Dorje Shugden that might be a good sign, perhaps he is hiding his allegiance about his beliefs.

Lama Osel was a force of nature in bringing the dharma to the West, can' wait for this lama to come to his own.

I'd like to see it as Trijang Rinpoche and Lama Osel manifesting displeasure about the Dorje Shugden ban or rather how the ban manifested amongst the followers because both can easily go to the US or somewhere else and resume to be a monk and do their retreats, but they chose to be laypeople and talk about being laypeople (especially in the case of Lama Osel) to show their former students perhaps that they are wrong about Dorje Shugden. Trijang Rinpoche has started to do his Dharma works, and I am guessing that Lama Osel would soon start very soon as well given the current circumstances.

Manjushri

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 01:52:20 PM »
Lamas are taking turns and emerging to continue to turn the wheel of Dharma. An elite and immaculate lama such as Trijang Rinpoche are roaming amongst us and teaching us what we know in our terms and within what our minds are comfortable with. Talk about compassion within these lamas!

Where did Lama Osel do his monastics study at by the way? or are his imprints so strong that his current incarnation has all the knowledge from his previous lives (which I think could be the case). There must be a reason why the young lamas are emerging at this time to start teaching and turning the wheel of dharma again.

I remember Lama Osel didn't want to have anything to do with FPMT anymore (please correct me if I am wrong), but then mid last year, he started reconnecting with Lama Zopa and then got more involved in the works at FPMT. Now Lama Osel is teaching. Next, he will be giving initiations to DS practise (I hope). At the same time, late last year, Trijang Rinpoche started to turn the wheel of Dharma again.

Maybe Lama Osel is using a different tactic to bring Dorje Shugden back to FPMT. First, teach them, gain their trust, and then re-introduce DS back into FPMT's curriculum?

I wonder what's so significant about the timing these highly attained lamas have chosen to start turning the wheel of Dharma?

Next will be Zong Rinpoche, Pabongkha Rinpoche.

The lineage gurus are back to continue the lineage!!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 01:31:15 AM »
Lamas are taking turns and emerging to continue to turn the wheel of Dharma. An elite and immaculate lama such as Trijang Rinpoche are roaming amongst us and teaching us what we know in our terms and within what our minds are comfortable with. Talk about compassion within these lamas!

Where did Lama Osel do his monastics study at by the way? or are his imprints so strong that his current incarnation has all the knowledge from his previous lives (which I think could be the case). There must be a reason why the young lamas are emerging at this time to start teaching and turning the wheel of dharma again.

I remember Lama Osel didn't want to have anything to do with FPMT anymore (please correct me if I am wrong), but then mid last year, he started reconnecting with Lama Zopa and then got more involved in the works at FPMT. Now Lama Osel is teaching. Next, he will be giving initiations to DS practise (I hope). At the same time, late last year, Trijang Rinpoche started to turn the wheel of Dharma again.

Maybe Lama Osel is using a different tactic to bring Dorje Shugden back to FPMT. First, teach them, gain their trust, and then re-introduce DS back into FPMT's curriculum?

I wonder what's so significant about the timing these highly attained lamas have chosen to start turning the wheel of Dharma?

Next will be Zong Rinpoche, Pabongkha Rinpoche.

The lineage gurus are back to continue the lineage!!

Lama Osel has been pretty much elusive and confusing with his approach to FPMT. To worldly magazines, he tells them that he was forced to study in the monastery against his will and he did not like it at all and all he wanted to be is a normal person while to the Dharma crowd, he tells them that he and FPMT are no different. So which is which? Perhaps, the broken samaya from not practicing and discriminating against Dorje Shugden has caused this, and Lama Osel is slowly thinking of ways to bring Dorje Shugden back to the FPMT people. It is for sure that Lama Zopa and Lama Osel has not and never gave up their Dorje Shugden practice.

hope rainbow

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 04:10:59 PM »
Lama Osel has been pretty much elusive and confusing with his approach to FPMT.
To worldly magazines, he tells them that he was forced to study in the monastery against his will and he did not like it at all and all he wanted to be is a normal person while to the Dharma crowd, he tells them that he and FPMT are no different.

So which is which? Perhaps, the broken samaya from not practicing and discriminating against Dorje Shugden has caused this, and Lama Osel is slowly thinking of ways to bring Dorje Shugden back to the FPMT people.
It is for sure that Lama Zopa and Lama Osel has not and never gave up their Dorje Shugden practice.

I think it can be both? Can't it?
For example, one may have a strong wish to be a heart surgeon and then hate the years of study at university that lead to that job...

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 06:18:23 AM »

I think it can be both? Can't it?
For example, one may have a strong wish to be a heart surgeon and then hate the years of study at university that lead to that job...

In interviews with worldly magazines, he has repeatedly said that his job as a teacher has been forced upon him and he does not wish to be a teacher but to be a normal person. And of course, this generates a lot of media flurry and also much doubt over the tulku system amongst laypeople who are not Dharmic at all: do the monks actually force people into their roles against their will? The way Lama Osel worded it was more like he just wanted to quit being a Lama and go to a lay life in those interviews. So I dont really feel that from the sound of those interviews what you have described.